Search This thread

carm01

Jun 17, 2011
Ohio - land of the boring
Reactions: fader01

jdjsos

May 24, 2016
Proble.

I have htc one m7 when i open my hotspot setting that shows unfortunetly stopped then again i open hotsopt setting then show unable to find activity to handle this action how to fix sir

Last edited:

PitbullKemo

Apr 22, 2015
Great Bend
5.0.2 sense 6.0 (6.22.605.4 update)?

My Verizon HTC one is stock and unrooted with 5.0.2 sense 6.0 (6.22.605.4 update)?

Is there by chance and update file for this version that I can do without rooting my phone or do I absolutely have to root my phone in order to get the hotspot to work without paying for it cuz my phone is on straight talk and I have the Hotspot but it will not let me use it because it says Verizon locked?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WIFI HOTSPOT for KITKAT 3.11.605.1

Here are the Wifi HotSpot Mods for 3.11.605.1 KITKAT.

This also gets rid of the LTE icon as well.

Added April 4 - 2014

Widget also works correctly in quick pull down, and if you make a manual one on a home screen as well.
    All,

After attempting to find a solution to the WifiTether_TrevE_Mod not working after 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ). I have found an alternate solution to use the native HOTSPOT application and it does not prompt to subscribe to it for those of us who have unlimited data.

I cannot take full credit for finding the fix for this I had to look in the following for the XML edits: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467651&page=7

The update script is by andybones, and i modified it, and the xml.

There are 3 flashables i did put together based on this. DeODEX/ODEX versions and Stock. The first two just re-add the WifiRouter_JB43.apk and odexed file respectively depending on which you use, and also removes TetheringGuard.apk.
    The Stock, simply places the origional xml file back and puts the TetheringGuard.apk back as well. That one will work for odex and deodex.

THESE ARE ONLY FOR STOCK ROMS. I CANNOT CONFIRM THESE WILL WORK ON CUSTOM ROMS.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT VERSION, OR YOU WILL GET FORCE CLOSE ON THE DIALER! THE FILES IN THIS OP ARE FOR 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ) ONLY RIGHT BELOW THIS THERE IS A LINK TO 4.4.2

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 / Android 4.4.3 ( 5.28.605.2 ) go here ---->>> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55253153&postcount=77

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 ( 4.10.605.3 ) go here ---->>> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52994825&postcount=71

Update for KitKat ( 3.11.605.1 ) 02/07/2014 post 21, link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50138204&postcount=21

Also, I cannot get the hotspot widget to work correctly. IT WILL turn it off, but not on.

Enjoy

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you dont know what you are doing or jack up your phone
    USB Tether enabled

All,

Since i never really use it, nor will i most likely I changed the xml file to allow/enable usb tether ( never really thought about it honestly ).

Please note this zip is for either de-odex or odex , as it ONLY contains the xml file, as it assumes you already have the tether app. ONCE AGAIN STOCK ONLY UNLESS YOU CAN CONFIRM THE CUSTOM ROM YOU ARE USIN HAS AN UNALTERED XML FILE AND THE apk in place

If you already have the tether app already and want to enable tether you can use this flashable file, and it will take care of tether usb and wireless
    Just downloaded "Hotspot Toggle Widget" by Fattin Hotspot Network and it seems to work for a solution to a one touch on and off option. Thanks again to carm, works great

If you're on Stock, the default Hotspot toggle works.
    I tried updating this mod on the stock 4.4.2 but couldn't get it to work. Hotspot would start up and computer would connect to hotspot but there was no connectivity to internet.

Anyway to get native hotspot working on 4.4.2?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

working on it.