FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AT&T Tethering Patch for all LTE-enabled Nexus 7 builds

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 76
 
By linuxthinker, Senior Member on 20th September 2013, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2018, 07:58 PM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-form

Would you please tell me how you do the second part by hand? I am referring to the "Here is remove-tether-entries.xslt" part. Is this even necessary? Before Lollipop, you never did this. I am trying to make modded Framework-res.apks for the latest version of Lollipop for this device and the latest version of Marshmallow for this device. I want to make it for LMY48Z and MOB30X. Would you please make a flashable zip for me? If not, would you tell me in more detail how to do it by hand as I don't really understand that part. Thanks!

Look for a directory named "values-mcc310-mncXXX". XXX will be 070, 150, 170, 380, 410, 560, 680, 980. You can try only modifying the 410 one, but if you want to be safe, you should edit all of them.

Inside there will be a file named arrays.xml. Remove all lines that say "config_tether_*_regex". If the resulting file contains nothing but XML open and close tags, just delete the arrays.xml file completely.

Step 2 is just programmatic magic to do all of the above (plus some safety checks).
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxthinker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxthinker Ad-Free
 
 
16th April 2018, 12:51 AM |#152  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks, but I still have a few questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthinker

Look for a directory named "values-mcc310-mncXXX". XXX will be 070, 150, 170, 380, 410, 560, 680, 980. You can try only modifying the 410 one, but if you want to be safe, you should edit all of them.

Inside there will be a file named arrays.xml. Remove all lines that say "config_tether_*_regex". If the resulting file contains nothing but XML open and close tags, just delete the arrays.xml file completely.

Step 2 is just programmatic magic to do all of the above (plus some safety checks).

Thanks so much for your reply. I never expected a thread this old to get replied to especially to a person like me with few posts. Anyway, thanks so much. I did what you said, but when I recompiled the apk and moved it to system/framework, I get a bootloop with Android optimizing apps and it keeps looping with Android optimizing apps and it never boots. I made sure to set the permissions to chmod 644 too if that helps. I signed the apk with apk sign. Would you point me in the right direction to not get a bootloop? If I am successful here, I can do it for the Nexus 9 also which has this problem. I don't have experience in creating flashable zips, so I would just like a way which I can manually copy framework-res.apk to system/framework and not have this weird bootloop.

Again, thanks for your help. You have gotten me very close to making this work. I am 3/4 to getting this to work. If you could just help me with the bootloop problem, that would be awesome. Thanks! I will hit the thanks button for you too.
16th April 2018, 01:34 AM |#153  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-form

Thanks so much for your reply. I never expected a thread this old to get replied to especially to a person like me with few posts. Anyway, thanks so much. I did what you said, but when I recompiled the apk and moved it to system/framework, I get a bootloop with Android optimizing apps and it keeps looping with Android optimizing apps and it never boots. I made sure to set the permissions to chmod 644 too if that helps. I signed the apk with apk sign. Would you point me in the right direction to not get a bootloop? If I am successful here, I can do it for the Nexus 9 also which has this problem. I don't have experience in creating flashable zips, so I would just like a way which I can manually copy framework-res.apk to system/framework and not have this weird bootloop.

Again, thanks for your help. You have gotten me very close to making this work. I am 3/4 to getting this to work. If you could just help me with the bootloop problem, that would be awesome. Thanks! I will hit the thanks button for you too.

If your changes resulted in edits to arrays.xml (rather than straight up deletes), make sure your XML is valid (no missing close tags, for instance). I think Android M started enforcing SELinux bits. I had this line of magic in my flashing script to ensure that the bits are correctly set:

Code:
set_metadata("/system/framework/framework-res.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:object_r:system_file:s0");
You can try running "stat /system/framework/framework-res.apk" or "ls --context /system/framework/framework-res.apk" and ensuring that Uid and Gid are both 0 (or root) and Context matches above. You can use chcon to restore the context.
16th April 2018, 02:37 AM |#154  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthinker

If your changes resulted in edits to arrays.xml (rather than straight up deletes), make sure your XML is valid (no missing close tags, for instance). I think Android M started enforcing SELinux bits. I had this line of magic in my flashing script to ensure that the bits are correctly set:

Code:
set_metadata("/system/framework/framework-res.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644, "capabilities", 0x0, "selabel", "u:object_r:system_file:s0");
You can try running "stat /system/framework/framework-res.apk" or "ls --context /system/framework/framework-res.apk" and ensuring that Uid and Gid are both 0 (or root) and Context matches above. You can use chcon to restore the context.

I think I was doing everything fine. I actually just now did a test with your lollipop LMY47V patch. First, I flashed Lollipop LMY47V and copied the original Framework-res.apk to my computer. Then, I installed your patch for LMY47V and also copied it to my computer. I decompiled both framework-res. I then copied and replaced the original modified arrays.xml files with yours and didn't edit the xml files in any way at all. In short, I replaced the folders in the original framework-res with your modified folders. I recompiled the apk, signed it with Sign Apk and copied it back to the downloads location on my Nexus 7. I then copied it from dowloads to /system. There, I manually set the permissions to chmod 644. I then moved the framework res to system/framework and just replaced it and overwrote it. I got unfortunately super su has stopped, but there wasn't a bootloop right away. I then rebooted the tablet and it was back in the optimizing apps bootloop and it will just reboot and get into this same bootloop again never completely finishing boot. I even tried going into TWRP and going to file manager there and copying my framework-res.apk to system/framework manually and setting permissions to chmod 0644, but still the bootloop was the same. When I copied my original, unmodified framework-res.apk back, the tablet booted fine after optimizing apps.

I do know if I did everything wrong and just copied framework-res.apk to the system/framework location, I would get a bootloop immediately, but this wasn't the case. The tablet would still run after copying my framework-res.apk, so this is very weird. I think something about compiling the apk, signing it, or the permissions is wrong. Would you please tell me what I am doing wrong when I do this all manually? I am sorry, but I don't understanding programming like you do, so I can't efficiently bundle everything into a flashable zip like you can. Thanks for all of your help again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes