[ROM] [Stock] [Aroma] [All Rooted V30] BoomBox V30 [21A Oreo 8.0] [V1.3 2nd August]

Search This thread
You can do but I bet it wont show anything...

The XMLs are in my sound mod thread in my signature . The best way ive found to test them is to put your thumb over the earpiece to feel if its vibrating sound

Line 1812 should be

Yep, this part is in mine mixer path file as well. Did change to 92 and 96, but did not notice anything - used both TWRP and Root Explorer to replace, after reboot the values are correct in the file.
Edit: Went up to 99, and finally could hear something from the earpiece, when I blocked the bottom speaker. Is that normal to be that silent even at 99? I mean when I did this on the S8 and OP3T the difference was clear right away.

Earpiece can withstand gain of additional 6dB, more than that it will start unnoticeable light buzz which damage the earpiece by time and will be noticed in phone calls...
Every increment is considered as 0.5dB as per my understanding... 84 to 95 is 5.5dB but perhaps other SoundMods interact with the MOD, some phones earpiece can go to 8dB gain but I can't set it to that because phones with 6dB will be damaged, simply I left the modifications to be done at the user risk...

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
Try using Im too young to die and editing that it could be my values have changed things but its not my mod its @Dante63's so dont know too much
Earpiece can withstand gain of additional 6dB, more than that it will start unnoticeable light buzz which damage the earpiece by time and will be noticed in phone calls...
Every increment is considered as 0.5dB as per my understanding... 84 to 95 is 5.5dB but perhaps other SoundMods interact with the MOD, some phones earpiece can go to 8dB gain but I can't set it to that because phones with 6dB will be damaged, simply I left the modifications to be done at the user risk...

Thanks for this tip @Whiskeyomega. Replaced the mixer file in /system/etc/ with the one you suggested and difference was immediately noticeable, didn't tweak any values - DS works and it's audible even on low-mid levels of volume.
After that I tested all the other DS xml files (extracted from the boombox zip) and none of them provided the same effect, even after tweaking the values, which I find strange (barely audible even on max media volume).

Whiskeyomega

Mar 18, 2016
Manchester
LG V30
ASUS ROG Phone II
Thanks for this tip @Whiskeyomega. Replaced the mixer file in /system/etc/ with the one you suggested and difference was immediately noticeable, didn't tweak any values - DS works and it's audible even on low-mid levels of volume.
After that I tested all the other DS xml files (extracted from the boombox zip) and none of them provided the same effect, even after tweaking the values, which I find strange (barely audible even on max media volume).

Ok. So even "Hey not too rough" doesnt provide the same volume to the earpiece ? Because the only thing that should be different is the low impedance headphones setting . No volume settings were altered .

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
Ok. So even "Hey not too rough" doesnt provide the same volume to the earpiece ? Because the only thing that should be different is the low impedance headphones setting . No volume settings were altered .

Will try again, when I get home later. Another strange thing I noticed, is that using V4A (to tweak the speaker quality) YouTube and Spotify now sounds good, but not the ringtones/notifications and they seem to be not as loud as well. Plus enabling the DAChas no effect. Probably a wrong soundmod.

Edit: It seems that the untouched file is working for me. Will search further for a DSP/EQ tough for the loudspeaker part.

Edit: DAC seems to be working with V4A. Was my bad I checked with my Allen & Heath Xone XD-53 HP (36 Ohms) and did not notice a much of a difference, but was noticeable on my outdoor/work Marshall Major II HP (64 Ohms). Last thing to be solved is to find out why the media (YT, Spotify, Apps, lockscreen sound) is affected by the processing, but not the ringtone/notification sound. :)

Last edited:

francois amon

Jul 28, 2016
Cologne
I have a Question. I've the Mod "Not to tough", If i Copy the Mixer File to another Stock Rom, will i have the goodies (Boosted Non- / Dac audio Volume & DS + good Dac SQ for Low.....) On the other Stock Rom?:)

arczowsky

May 16, 2010
Is there any way to pass SafetyNet test on this rom?

Can`t use Google Pay because of it..

Flashed with full wipe and it fails the test after first boot.

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
I just wanted to ask if it's known that the logcat is spammed with errors or I made some mistake.

According to logcat is caused by PID 1177, which is pm-service.

Edit: found the answer. This seems to be "normal".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-00-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-00-10.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

francois amon

Jul 28, 2016
Cologne
Hey Dev,

Why is The OS eating my battery Like crazy .?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-18-55.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-18-55.png
    181 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-18-59.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-18-59.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 354
  • Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-20-19.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-04-23-20-19.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cropped-boombox-logo.jpg

Welcome To Boombox
    Introduction

Boombox is made with love for the hardware in the V30 and Offers numerous Audio mods to begin with.

Main Features Currently

• Rooted through Magisk Or Super SU
    • Aroma install (Pick what you want)
    • De-bloated (Removed Some Google & LG Apps)
    • Lower DPI Set at 560. Clearer Screen
    • Serious Volume on Low Impedance headphones and Auxiliary (Own Mod)
    • Dual Speaker Mod thanks to @Dante63[/B]

Changelog

• 0.03 - Flashable Rom. No working WIFI so deleted from downloads

• 0.04 - Working WIFI! The First working rom for every day use.

• 0.05 -Added MagiskSU
      Added Aroma Installer
      Added Dual Speaker Mod thanks to @Dante63

• 0.06 -Fixed Magisk Manager to install
      Removed Facebook.

• 0.07 -Removed AINUR (It wasnt doing anyone any favours)
      Debloated more Gapps
      Boost Non DAC Audio Volume
      Boost DAC Audio

• 0.08 -Added Mods & Audio Options in Aroma
      Updated Dual speaker mod to give more volume on earpiece

• 0.09 -Fixed Dual Speaker Mods

• 0.10 -Updated to Oreo
      Fixed Logcat constantly throws out "xport_reg failed for service_id=0x35 version0x1001 on 19"

• 0.17 - Fixed Calendar & Slowness

• 0.18 - Updated modded audio files to be based from Oreo stock file.

• 0.19 - Fixed Dual Speaker mods for Oreo

• 1 - Updated System to 20R
      Changed Version Naming Scheme now its stable (Out of Beta)

Fixed and Updated Magisk
      Added SuperSU as a Root Option
      Updated Aroma Installer
      Added French, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Czech, Portuguese and Traditional & Simplified Chinese to Aroma

Added North American Build Prop Network Fix in Aroma

Fixed 32bit 384khz Audio from Reverting to 16bit 44khz in some music apps
      Updated to 21A
      Removed North American fix as it did not work

NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO GETTING STOLEN WITH NO CREDIT

Audio Mod Options
      • "Can I play Daddy?"(No Mods)
      • "Don't hurt me" (Good DAC SQ For Low Impedance Headphones/AUX)
      • "Bring 'em on!" (Loud For All Headphones )
      • "I am Death Incarnate!", (Very Loud For All Headphones )
      • "I'm too young to die", (Dual Speaker Mod by @Dante63 only)
      • "Hey, not too rough" (DS + Good DAC SQ For Low Impedance Headphones/AUX)
      • "Hurt me plenty" (DS + Loud For All Headphones )
      • "Nightmare!" (DS + Very Loud For All Headphones)

Known Issues

0.10A Calender and FM Radio does not work . You have to flash the 20D Oreo KDZ with updated TWRP. and then Flash 10B.

XDA:DevDB Information
      Boombox V30, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
      Whiskeyomega
      ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 1.3
      Stable Release Date: 2018-08-02

Created 2018-03-18
      Last Updated 2018-08-02
    Guess I should update. Works had me exhausted for weeks.
    I'll be updating to 20R over the next few days...
    Uploading 1.3 now. No Gcam cause it doesnt not work unless you manually install it.
    Fixed 32bit 384khz Audio from Reverting to 16bit 44khz in some music apps
    Updated to 21A
    Removed North American fix as it did not work
    Would it be posssible to add 3minit support to this rom? Thx in advance.

Yes now im free of the XDA's 2GB limit I can upload more in the rom with options in Aroma