FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Looking for bible app... any christians here?

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By KDOG2020, Senior Member on 31st March 2011, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2011, 11:49 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I've been using the LDS Gospel Library, since it downloads both Old and New testaments to the device and has cross-referencing links between relevant passages.

Probably not quite what you're looking for, but it does offer marks, in-app notes and bookmarks.

12th July 2012, 05:01 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
I know its an old thread but......I recently received an E-mail from the developers at GloBible

Quote:

Our first release of Android will be arriving in Fall 2012.

2011 was a huge year for Glo. We made the Glo Bible available as a free download for the first time, and launched Mac, iPad and iPhone both in the US and abroad. We created our synchronization framework so you can sync Glo on multiple devices. And now we are glad to say our next platform launch will be Android.

Our fall Android release will have Glo Bible translations with the ability to add your notes bookmarks and highlights and synchronized them with Glo on your other devices. We will continue to add more features in subsequent releases including media access, the atlas lens, the "Me" lens, with your social interactions all in one place and lots more!

Thanks for your strong feedback and patiently waiting as we expand Glo to your platform.

If you haven't had a chance to see this bible app you will be amazed.

http://www.globible.com/
16th July 2012, 11:39 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrune

Here's the pointer to YouVersion Bible (https://market.android.com/details?i....bible.android), which includes a bunch of downloadable Bibles.

OliveTree also has an Android version (http://www.olivetree.com/android/index.php). Their Bibles are occasionally on sale.

I use YouVersion. I tried OliveTree, it worked on the Nook, but I found YouVersion fulfilled my requirements just fine.

I have used both of these. I like YouVersion best, but Olive Tree is quite good as well.
4th August 2012, 06:14 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This thread is pretty old but still seems to be generating some conversation. So I'll bite.

I keep YouVersion and OliveTree on my Android devices, but OliveTree is what I use day to day. Being able to have any version offline, study notes from many study Bibles and commentaries and lots of original language resources makes it head and shoulders above anything else I have tried. Online syncing of library, personal notes, and highlights means I have transferred all my data from Palm to Blackberry to Android with no problems. (There is also an iOS version.) They also have a PC and Mac version which syncs everything to all other devices, and in all platforms they have some form of slit window support that allows you to view two (or more, on some platforms) Bible versions or a Bible and a commentary/notes/maps/ etc. Notes and highlights are linked to Bible verses rather than particular texts, so if I make a note in one version (say an original language text) I can see that note for that verse in another (say, a translation or commentary). The downside, is that you have to pay for most resources, but they are reasonably priced and transfer from device to device. I purchased the NRSV years ago for my Palm III, and have transferred it to every device I have had since then for free.

The main reason I use YouVersion is for the audio Bibles. I often use that function in the car. But it doesn't have my preferred version (NRSV) and you cannot download the NIV (my second favorite translation) locally. It also has some note syncing with YouVersion online, and some other products (like GloBible).

I like GloBible on PC, Mac, and iOS. They have been promising an Android version forever. I'll believe it when I see it. It's more of a media-rich Bible encyclopedia rather than a straight Bible app.
7th December 2012, 10:58 PM |#55  

More
MySword Premium ?
i am searching for the premium version of MySword Bible to android.
Does anyone has the full version? Please share it !
25th August 2013, 08:47 PM |#56  
Flag Jutphaas, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
I have been using Quick Bible, you can download bibles several languages, and it can import pdb bibles too, if you have any (I have some in dutch language).
Play store linkQuick Bible free no adds

While youversion has many options. quick bible is really fast, nu internet connection needed when it is all installed.

MySword Bible also is a good one
Play store link:MySword Bible
5th September 2013, 07:57 PM |#57  
Flag Brasilia
Thanks Meter: 19

More
plenty of locations to find the premium apk...just google
18th April 2018, 10:52 PM |#58  

More
I just developed one that has the entire NIV version saved locally - no data/wifi needed. It's the initial release, so I'm working on improvements and more translations. This forum won't allow urls, but if you go in the android market and search "blumerica bible" it should be the only app that isn't an ad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bible, lol

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)