8th April 2018, 01:32 AM |#22571  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 45,052

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone_Guru

The latest versions. not sure how far back it started though.

The new YouTube dark theme isn't active yet and I'm not used to changing things in there on Substratum. I stick to colors.xml generally.

In Play Store I've checked the other values folders and found nothing. May be the color is hard-coded in the smali which I have no experience with whatsoever. In the mean time I've changed the main background of the app to be red to match the rest of my theme so that the text can be seen in black/grey over it.

I just got the new one but settings still themed. I've only added new colors about a month ago. So no idea. Can't be hard coded. That's a subs theme
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180407-193130_Google Play Store.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	4469934  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free

16th April 2018, 06:41 PM |#22572  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

Most welcome mate. It's the app I use the most so I always try to stay on top of it's updates.

Telegram has its own built in dark mode though..?

Also I read a few comments that Facebook is the hardest to theme but are there any updates?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_Telegram_20180416-133858.png
Views:	478
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	4478115  
16th April 2018, 06:50 PM |#22573  
Flag Markham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

I just got the new one but settings still themed. I've only added new colors about a month ago. So no idea. Can't be hard coded. That's a subs theme

I stopped using the TBO YouTube apk. I use the black YouTube theme on Magisk now. It's more up to date and combines ad block and background playback all in one. The last time I used the TBO YouTube apk, I kept getting ads.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180416_134836.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	4478122  
16th April 2018, 10:46 PM |#22574  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 12,999

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSkylineX

Telegram has its own built in dark mode though..?

Also I read a few comments that Facebook is the hardest to theme but are there any updates?

Dark != Black or Clear lol

Besides, there are soooooooooo many inconsistencies and places with dark text and light background.

But don't let me stop you, have fun using their built in "Dark" theme 不不不

Yeah we don't have a member who themes Facebook anymore unfortunately. The app is coded so terribly that it was consuming him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 04:54 PM |#22575  
Flag Markham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

Dark != Black or Clear lol

Besides, there are soooooooooo many inconsistencies and places with dark text and light background.

But don't let me stop you, have fun using their built in "Dark" theme 不不不

Yeah we don't have a member who themes Facebook anymore unfortunately. The app is coded so terribly that it was consuming him.

Their dark mode is actually black on my AMOLED screen, the only parts that are grey are the settings panel and upper header. I haven't had any of the issues you mentioned and I've been using their supplied theme for the last 3 years. Thanks for the update though.
18th April 2018, 11:01 PM |#22576  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 12,999

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSkylineX

Their dark mode is actually black on my AMOLED screen, the only parts that are grey are the settings panel and upper header. I haven't had any of the issues you mentioned and I've been using their supplied theme for the last 3 years. Thanks for the update though.

Their dark mode ISN'T actually black on any screen. It's not too far away from black, but it's not actually properly black. Regardless of whether it is or not, it's not a properly themed black app. And if you haven't had any of the issues that I mentioned then you obviously haven't gone into all the sections of the app that I have.

Not sure why you felt the need to post something like this in a thread which is dedicated to making apps black and clear in the first place? What is the point of it? I don't think there really is one.

Thanks for the update though.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
22nd April 2018, 02:39 PM |#22577  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,862

Donate to Me
More
Hey TBO Thanks for the update for TG!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
25th April 2018, 01:15 AM |#22578  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Sorry if this had been asked. I've tried a search.
I installed clearplaystore (worked fine) but I notice it was labeled 'O' for Oreo.
I can't find a black or clear Google app that has the 'O' labeled in the title of the zip file.
Is there one available? Or does the one with no label mean it works on Oreo?
Thanks
25th April 2018, 07:01 AM |#22579  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLit75

Sorry if this had been asked. I've tried a search.
I installed clearplaystore (worked fine) but I notice it was labeled 'O' for Oreo.
I can't find a black or clear Google app that has the 'O' labeled in the title of the zip file.
Is there one available? Or does the one with no label mean it works on Oreo?
Thanks

The items labeled LP-MM-N should work just fine.
I still use several of these on Oreo, including Google App.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, AospExtended v5.4 ROM, HELLSGATE Kernel, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcdw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcdw Ad-Free
26th April 2018, 02:27 AM |#22580  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

The items labeled LP-MM-N should work just fine.
I still use several of these on Oreo, including Google App.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, AospExtended v5.4 ROM, HELLSGATE Kernel, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Thanks a lot for the response!
But since posting I started getting a pop up message (and I'm not going to remember this exactly) but it was something like com.android.google.finsky...) has stopped
I searched and finsky has to do with playstore or play services.
I looked around to see if I could find it and possibly clear cache but had no luck.
I restored a backup.
Have you or anyone else encountered this after installing playstore?
26th April 2018, 03:52 AM |#22581  
Flag Ventura Co., CA
Thanks Meter: 919

More
No luck with the ebay?

Sent from my SM-N950U using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)