Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2011, 11:08 AM |#11  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymatrix

Hi everyone,

I have an omnia 7 on contract with Optus here in Australia. I have had it for a few days now and I've found the data connection to be very patchy, even though I have full reception where I live.

I have noticed the connection icon switching between 3G and 3G+ pretty much constantly when I'm using it.

This is basically what is happening as I try it at the moment:

- Icon says 3G.
- Tried to load the Optus website and the icon changed to 3G+ and the progress bar is just hanging there, wont go any further.
- Icon has changed back to 3G, still hanging.
- Try to load again, now it has changed to 3G+ and the site loaded.
- Icon has changed back to 3G.
- Clicked a link on the website and the icon changed to 3G+, page loaded fine.
- Icon changed back to 3G.
- Tried to load the facebook app, "Unable to connect to Facebook. Please try again later.
- Trying to load optuszoo.com.au again, icon says 3G.. just hanging there again.
- Icon has changed to 3G+, still hanging.
- Icon has changed to 3G, still hanging.

Could this be a fault with my phone? I'm in an area of strong reception, it shouldn't have a problem getting a steady 3G+ connection (I used to have a HTC Diamond which always had a strong HSDPA signal). I can only guess that every time it switches from 3G to 3G+ it loses the connection, which stops things from loading & syncing. Is there anything I can try here before I take it back to the store? I do not have the new firmware, and don't particularly want to try messing with it if I have to return it.

I have the exact same issue with my HTC Mozart. The signal constantly keeps changing between 3G and HSDPA when I'm in an area that has stable strong reception.

This causes the same DNS issues as stated in IE in which websites fail to load until you refresh them a number of times.

To me it appears that its an issue with IE and the way WP7 calculates and handles the signal. Can anyone confirm if Microsoft have confirmed that there are issues with IE and the signal and when this will be fixed?

9th August 2011, 09:14 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't know if in my case it's related to the same problem, but on my operator's network it's mostly E and 3G.

After a few times of checking my email, getting the People Hub updated or surfing once in a while, I don't get a connection anymore, except when connecting via wifi.

This is a very annoying problem and the only way to get it back is turning the device off and on daily basis, sometimes even a few times a day D:
11th August 2011, 04:11 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have the same issue ever since I updated the firmware. At first I thought that it is broken internally but it seems to be a universal problem.

Firmware: 2424.11.2.3
Radio: 2424.11.2.2
bootloader:5.2.1.4

Does anybody want to escalate this issue to MS and Samsung? (I understand that several countries are reporting this)
29th August 2012, 04:33 AM |#14  

More
Same problem - HTC One X on Optus.

My phone seems to spend most of its time deciding whether to use 3G or HSDPA, during which time my webpage downloads stop, I can't connect to facebook ("Connection lost - tap to retry"), I can't search Google, etc. etc.

I wouldn't mind if it got on with the job in the meantime, but while it's flicking backwards & forwards between networks I can't seem to get any data down (or up).

Really, really, really annoying. I didn't notice it on Telstra, but I had a different phone (HTC Desire). From the looks of this thread though it's network-related, not phone-related.
29th August 2012, 02:25 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does anybody have problem while calling someone, and when line establishes, there is only silence and dropped call. I had that problem, and I solved it by forcing phone to use only 3G. To do this, go to Diagnosis, and enter *#2263#, then if you want only 3G enter ''WCDMA Band Preference'' - ''WDCMA All'', or for EDGE ''GSM Band Preference'' - ''GSM All''. Automatic speaks for itself. I use 3G all the time, and no more dropped calls. Maybe this could help with 3G -> 3G+ shifting. Only downside is that when there is no 3G signal, you wont get signal at all.
31st August 2012, 02:59 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lliot

Same problem - HTC One X on Optus.

My phone seems to spend most of its time deciding whether to use 3G or HSDPA, during which time my webpage downloads stop, I can't connect to facebook ("Connection lost - tap to retry"), I can't search Google, etc. etc.

I wouldn't mind if it got on with the job in the meantime, but while it's flicking backwards & forwards between networks I can't seem to get any data down (or up).

Really, really, really annoying. I didn't notice it on Telstra, but I had a different phone (HTC Desire). From the looks of this thread though it's network-related, not phone-related.

Same problem, and this give it to me lots of problems with the battery...
28th April 2018, 12:42 AM |#17  

More
If you love WP7, you should see WP10.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)