FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

telnetd from busybox

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By McLin, Senior Member on 24th February 2009, 09:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have ADP1.1 and Busybox installedd but when I start busybox telnetd and after that netstat the telnet server is running on 0.0.0.0 but I cant connect to host...

What must I do when I want run this telnetd server?
 
 
25th February 2009, 10:42 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
i had also that problem. When i disabled forking to daemon, it wrote that there was no free pty...

now i am using dropbear for remote controlling...
5th May 2011, 02:33 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 206
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLin

Hi,

I have ADP1.1 and Busybox installedd but when I start busybox telnetd and after that netstat the telnet server is running on 0.0.0.0 but I cant connect to host...

What must I do when I want run this telnetd server?

I know this thread is really old (> 2 years) but I just stumbled across it, and I have an answer: you need to use the -l flag.

Here is an example

Code:
busybox telnetd -l /system/bin/sh
or if you have all the links for busybox installed, you can just run:

Code:
telnetd -l /system/bin/sh
ps: this is where the sh is in my rom, if it's not working for you, search for it on /sbin/, /system/sbin or /system/xbin.
10th May 2011, 05:35 AM |#4  
dw9906's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terre Haute, IN
Thanks Meter: 871
 
Donate to Me
More
Wrong section!

Sent from my Mytouch 1.2 using XDA Premium App!
3rd May 2018, 01:05 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronig

I know this thread is really old (> 2 years) but I just stumbled across it, and I have an answer: you need to use the -l flag.

Here is an example

Code:
busybox telnetd -l /system/bin/sh
or if you have all the links for busybox installed, you can just run:

Code:
telnetd -l /system/bin/sh
ps: this is where the sh is in my rom, if it's not working for you, search for it on /sbin/, /system/sbin or /system/xbin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw9906

Wrong section!

Sent from my Mytouch 1.2 using XDA Premium App!

Device prerequisites :
- Rooted.
- Busybox installed.
- Androïd shell installed.
- WIFI hotspot activated.
PC prerequisite :
- Telnet client.
- Connected to WIFI hotspot.

My proper roadacts.
1) Connect to your device with androïd shell.
2) # su
3) # ifconfig
Get the IP (inet addr) of the first entry. It looks like 192.X.X.1 for me.
4) # which sh
Get the path of sh. /sbin/sh for me.
5) # busybox telnetd -l /sbin/sh -b 0.0.0.0
Start the telnet daemon, -b 192.X.X.1 ( IP from 3/ ) for the purists.
6) # ps | grep telnet
Check telnetd is well launched.
7) Go to your PC.
8) $ telnet 192.X.X.1 ( IP from 3/ )
/ #
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes