[ROM][8.1] [LOS based][Official] Resurrection Remix Oreo

Do you experience graphical errors switching tabs in Chrome?

• Total voters
Search This thread
G

GuestK0099

Yeah it broke yet again :(. Basically, I arrived home a few days ago and when I went to turn my castor on, nothing happend, However I did get a red light when plugged into usb, I had a chat with soon and he says its a BL panic which I think may be related to moisture damaging hardware. But I still might be able to get another castor as a family member had one that i think she broke digitiser of so I will contact her. Anyhow I'll still try to provide builds :)

Last edited:

kueppert

Nov 25, 2009
A few days ago I had the same problem again... They sometimes occurs. Was with the old original firmware the same. I than let it without power 2-3 days and then plug the power cable in. I think it is a normal problem with Sony Xperia tablet z2?!

G

GuestK0099

A few days ago I had the same problem again... They sometimes occurs. Was with the old original firmware the same. I than let it without power 2-3 days and then plug the power cable in. I think it is a normal problem with Sony Xperia tablet z2?!
Hmmnn, maybe be able to save it still then! Though it didn't work today either

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
Hmmnn, maybe be able to save it still then! Though it didn't work today either

One thing I had noticed when installing your ROM the first time.... I either flashed a corrupted boot file or the wrong twrp or both but I was getting the same thing of the bootloader being the only thing which would load up. I'm not trying to say you're dumb by asking but does fastboot work for you? I'm curious if your boot image was somehow corrupted.

kueppert

Nov 25, 2009
Opendata, have you been able to start your tablet again? If not I can eventually translate the text from German to English where I found the steps to get my sgp512 work again...

firefox-58

Feb 16, 2011
Heilbronn
Another issues with latest build:

- Loading in the dock is a w f u l l y slow!
- If the tablet is in the dock an loads every hour the screen wakes up and do not go to sleep again. I can send it to sleep with powerbutton, but this repeats nearly every hour.
-AudioFX can not be deleted via crdroid settings / system app cleaner. You can select AudioFX and press the waste basket. But nothing goes deleted.

Is there any problem with deep sleep in the latest build?

AFAIK these problems do not exist with older builds from february.

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
Another issues with latest build:

- Loading in the dock is a w f u l l y slow!
- If the tablet is in the dock an loads every hour the screen wakes up and do not go to sleep again. I can send it to sleep with powerbutton, but this repeats nearly every hour.
-AudioFX can not be deleted via crdroid settings / system app cleaner. You can select AudioFX and press the waste basket. But nothing goes deleted.

Is there any problem with deep sleep in the latest build?

AFAIK these problems do not exist with older builds from february.

AudioFX normally deletes with Titanium. Not sure why yours wont.

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
is auto rotate fixed in last version ?

Auto rotate works fine for me. I will say i did have one time when my CW-Tab got stuck in Portrait and would not go to Landscape. What i did was put the tablet in Auto-Rotate or Landscape, the opposite of what it was, get to landscape and lock it in. Then i did a reboot and put to auto and have had no more problems. Not sure if this fixed the problem or mine was something all together different but have not had any more issues with auto rotate. Worth a try if having issues with auto-rotate.

G

GuestK0099

good news! i am going near my relatives near the end of june and he has agreed to give me his broken screen castor, however a new build should be tommorow

smoschi

Sep 15, 2011
Hey guys,

I got a new spg511 with original firmware (6.0.1), so i need some infos: Can i flash this rom directly after i unlock bootloader? Or i have to flash rooted 402 firmware at first?

Thx

fribriz

Jan 26, 2012
Singapore
I flashed directly after unlock from 5.1.1 stock. So what do you think?
Most importantly, flash bootloader and the correct twrp first.

Reactions: smoschi
G

GuestK0099

Will you build an update with QC 2.0 as in Sirius?
Thanks.

Yep, but due to the fact that I found more bugs on Sirius (also apply to castor) that I only just fixed (music on SD, offline charging, and Instagram issues) I don't have time to build today,BL there will definitely be a build tommorow, unless any more bugs come along:D

t_bone77

Aug 31, 2010
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a Browser specific problem. I've tried out Chrome, Chrome Beta, Yandex.Browser, Opera and Firefox - and all of them have the keyboard input lag, so it has to do with the WebView engine compatibility

I have a similar Problem. I use Firefx and have graphical errors and firefox crash every 5 minutes

version is: RR-O-v6.0.0-20180325-castor-Official.zip

romeo_coi

Jan 10, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
Didn't have to build this week as I was doing https://sendvid.com/g4vsofyy look at kenel version and this fully supports trebel and will be Abel to boot with a gsi

@opendata thanks for your hard work to keep our devices up to date :good:
As I can see your castor is running android P? Have you ever try this build with 3.x.x kernel to test if it's stable enough for a daily use? :p. And what do you mean with "fully supports treble"? Because AFAIK all we need is re-partition the tablet for a new /vendor partition in order to get treble support, it doesn't depend on kernel version (or at least 3.x.x kernel still good for treble support).

Hi guys, do you have quick charge working with the last stable build? QC 2.0 was working flawlessly in stock Sony fw: Ampere apps shows 2.5 ~ 2.9A, but in RR (I tried february builds) and latest Carbon builds it doesn't work (I haven't tried LOS yet). All I can get is about 1.2A, it's somehow annoying since I need to turn off the screen and wifi to shorten the charge time.

G

GuestK0099

New builds are now uploading, these should have QC 2.0, switch to intelliplug by default aswell as hopefully having offline charging fixed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Does anyone have the TWRP for castor_windy ? All the links are dead, I don't find it on the Internet ...

Regards
    @sgrunt,

Here ya go. Castor_Windy TWRP.

I have both 3.0 & 3.1. I am using 3.1 on my castor_windy.

***THIS IS FOR CASTOR_WINDY. DO NOT USE FOR CASTOR.***

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwBZlgiV0lNiV2x5SFYwMGlmNUU?usp=sharing
    New Castor_Windy 032518 build is up.
    i found a resolution to the reboot / shut down issue described above and am now running the latest RRN without a hiccup. :)

i redid everything i wrote above, but with the difference that i flashed SGP511_23.5.A.1.291_1281-8033_R3D.ftf via flashtool beforehand.
    after i did that i noticed that i obtained another boot logo, which had SONY *and* XPERIA written with white letters on black ground. before that i only had "SONY" as initial "POST-Screen", if you may say so. interestingly that "new" screen remained even after flashing the boot.img and recovery.img
    so i don't know if there is any context - but now my reboot issue IS GONE.

i hope this helps anyone who encounters a similar problem. obviously the initial boot data doesn't get fully altered by flashing the boot.img and therefore was causing problems
    thanks to OPENDATA for this sleek ROM and anyone who might've had the intention to help ! ;)
    It's the same crap like the carbon rom, everything is potrait mode .. even Playstore is going 4:3 Potrait .. not Landscape on default. it won't use the landscape unless u gonna use a app to force it and even then it doesn't work all the time.

That's a blatant lie dude, the ROM works perfectly fine in landscape mode. I'd suggest reflashing or figuring the issue on your end
    Hey Sherrif,
    There are 2 TWRP in your GDrive share folder, one is 3.2.1 for "castor_windy" and other says "TWRP_Castor.img", I installed the second one on my castor (LTE) device, but when I want to install a firmware (which I am sure it is for castor), error says : "E3004: This package is for device SPG521 (#WHICH IS MY DEVICE!), SPG541, SPG551, castor (#WHICH IS CODENAME FOR ALL LTE MODELS!); this device is ." it says this device is "(blank!!)", Why doesn't TWRP detect my device as castor? The device codename in TWRP you uploaded is "blank". Is there a fix for that? I swiped all I had and now I just need TWRP to detect my device correctly to flash a ROM.
    Thank you in advance

Use 3.2.1-cw.img from here: https://mega.nz/#F!KNA2CDpZ!pftQvfb0S642gsN2enOD9g

Then your ROM will flash correctly.