[Mods]Samsung ¬Android Mods Collection[Exynos]

Hello Users...!!! Is Thread Useful.......!!!

• Total voters
Search This thread

yash92duster

Jan 31, 2015
Chennai
still having issues...i think it has something to do with the rom im using...it is an odexed rom so I deodexed SystemUI using TMA.. Replaced the odexed apk using the resulting deodexed apk in /system/priv-app/SystemUI folder (permission rw-r-r) and deleted the oat folder in /system/priv-app/SystemUI.
But when I reboot I have again the problem of no lockscreen no wallpaper etc.
NOTE : I have not applied any mod..just simply tried to deodex SystemUI.. I will go ahead with modding once I fix this issue..
any help would be appreciated..
Use superr
Full deodex rom
Add mod
And check once

Reactions: koolkunz

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
@koolkunz It might be not working or showing bad stuffs cause that mod need GearUtils support.Did you add it?

Without it nothing could be done.Check OP to add GearUtils to SystemUI

koolkunz

May 13, 2013
@koolkunz It might be not working or showing bad stuffs cause that mod need GearUtils support.Did you add it?

Without it nothing could be done.Check OP to add GearUtils to SystemUI

oh ok did not know that :good: but I am encountering problems even if I just decompile unmodded systemui and recompile it without making any changes(only changing the .9.png file that gives error)..
what steps do you follow in TMA..it gives a few options for recompiling..
i do:
recompile with original file structiure
then no to use aapt2
then again no to keep the modified AndroidManifest.xml
then no to add file to zip workspace

and thats it.. then I try to use the created apk in out folder

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
oh ok did not know that :good: but I am encountering problems even if I just decompile unmodded systemui and recompile it without making any changes(only changing the .9.png file that gives error)..
what steps do you follow in TMA..it gives a few options for recompiling..
i do:
recompile with original file structiure
then no to use aapt2
then again no to keep the modified AndroidManifest.xml
then no to add file to zip workspace

and thats it.. then I try to use the created apk in out folder
In my opinion it's samsung's own bug.
As I said it now,you need to add GearUtils for this mod and it should be working as @keki7 has tried it today.

And you should always use a full deodexed base for modifications!

koolkunz

May 13, 2013
Good afternoon

Have you looked at the first post of the thread creator? I think not...

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76259485&postcount=39

Saludos
this was very helpful thanks :good:
got the disable volume warning mod to work..now trying out the fingerprint unlock one

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

In my opinion it's samsung's own bug.
As I said it now,you need to add GearUtils for this mod and it should be working as @keki7 has tried it today.

And you should always use a full deodexed base for modifications!

finally got it to work :good:
phew..that was stressfull
should I zipalign the systemui.apk in the end ? is that recommended or not ?

Last edited:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
this was very helpful thanks :good:
got the disable volume warning mod to work..now trying out the fingerprint unlock one

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

finally got it to work :good:
phew..that was stressfull
should I zipalign the systemui.apk in the end ? is that recommended or not ?
I'm glad that you got your success.Zipaligning is good.You can do if you want to

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Permanently Disable High Level Brightness Popup In TW Oreo

1.Open SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/settings/ToggleSliderView.smali
2.Find This Method:
Code:
.method public updateStrainAlertDialog(I)V
3.Change The Value In Blue-->
Code:
.method public updateStrainAlertDialog(I)V
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

if-nez p1, :cond_0

const/4 v0, 0x1 # Change This Line To [COLOR="BLUE"]const/4 v0, 0x0[/COLOR]

:cond_0
    iput-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/settings/ToggleSliderView;->showEyeStrainDialog:Z

return-void
.end method
4.Recompile And Test! :eek:

JeanMoraes11

Apr 1, 2018

a.raul

Apr 21, 2014
Mordor
how to hide statusbar icons lock screen thanks

Good afternoon

You go to this post, and thanks in the thread @venkat kamesh

https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/guide-hide-enable-layouts-small-apps-t3417499

Download the SystemUI.zip

Decompile your SystemUI.apk and copies in the path of the downloaded zip folder rz

Go to res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml and add the lines of blue, eye there is the key for RC

Code:
 <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.NotificationsQuickSettingsContainer android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/notification_container_parent" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <FrameLayout android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/qs_frame" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout="@layout/qs_panel" android:layout_width="@dimen/notification_panel_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" sysui:viewType="com.android.systemui.plugins.qs.QS" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.stack.NotificationStackScrollLayout android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/notification_stack_scroller" android:layout_width="@dimen/notification_panel_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_underlap" />
            <ViewStub android:id="@id/keyguard_user_switcher" android:layout="@layout/keyguard_user_switcher" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
           [COLOR="Blue"] <com.android.systemui.rz.LeftLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" key="TU_KEY_RC">[/COLOR]
                <include android:visibility="invisible" layout="@layout/keyguard_status_bar" />
           [COLOR="blue"] </com.android.systemui.rz.LeftLayout>[/COLOR]
            <Button android:id="@id/report_rejected_touch" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/status_bar_header_height_keyguard" android:text="@string/report_rejected_touch" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.NotificationsQuickSettingsContainer>

In RC

Code:
 <com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.MySwitchPreference android:title="On/Off" [COLOR="Blue"]android:key="TU_KEY_RC"[/COLOR] android:defaultValue="true" android:summaryOn="On" android:summaryOff="Off" app:packageNameToKill="com.android.systemui" app:isSilent="false" />

Regards

ANDROIDXFOREVER

Mar 8, 2014
sanremo
Good afternoon

You go to this post, and thanks in the thread @venkat kamesh

https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/guide-hide-enable-layouts-small-apps-t3417499

Download the SystemUI.zip

Decompile your SystemUI.apk and copies in the path of the downloaded zip folder rz

Go to res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml and add the lines of blue, eye there is the key for RC

Code:
 <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.NotificationsQuickSettingsContainer android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/notification_container_parent" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <FrameLayout android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/qs_frame" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout="@layout/qs_panel" android:layout_width="@dimen/notification_panel_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" sysui:viewType="com.android.systemui.plugins.qs.QS" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.stack.NotificationStackScrollLayout android:layout_gravity="@integer/notification_panel_layout_gravity" android:id="@id/notification_stack_scroller" android:layout_width="@dimen/notification_panel_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_underlap" />
            <ViewStub android:id="@id/keyguard_user_switcher" android:layout="@layout/keyguard_user_switcher" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
           [COLOR="Blue"] <com.android.systemui.rz.LeftLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" key="TU_KEY_RC">[/COLOR]
                <include android:visibility="invisible" layout="@layout/keyguard_status_bar" />
           [COLOR="blue"] </com.android.systemui.rz.LeftLayout>[/COLOR]
            <Button android:id="@id/report_rejected_touch" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/status_bar_header_height_keyguard" android:text="@string/report_rejected_touch" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.NotificationsQuickSettingsContainer>

In RC

Code:
 <com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.MySwitchPreference android:title="On/Off" [COLOR="Blue"]android:key="TU_KEY_RC"[/COLOR] android:defaultValue="true" android:summaryOn="On" android:summaryOff="Off" app:packageNameToKill="com.android.systemui" app:isSilent="false" />

Regards
thanks for your help but i ave this error
I: Using Apktool 2.3.3
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
Exception in thread "main" org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Exception occurred while writing code_item for method Landroid/support/v7/widget/ActivityChooserModel$PersistHistoryAsyncTask;->doInBackground([Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Void;
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeDebugAndCodeItems(DexWriter.java:825)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeTo(DexWriter.java:268)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeTo(DexWriter.java:246)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:61)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:36)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSourcesSmali(Androlib.java:417)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSources(Androlib.java:348)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:300)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:267)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:238)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:76)
Caused by: org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Error while writing instruction at code offset 0x1b
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeCodeItem(DexWriter.java:1098)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeDebugAndCodeItems(DexWriter.java:821)
... 10 more
Caused by: org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Unsigned short value out of range: 65539
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexDataWriter.writeUshort(DexDataWriter.java:116)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.InstructionWriter.write(InstructionWriter.java:348)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeCodeItem(DexWriter.java:1058)
... 11 more

----------------

AbrahamGC

Apr 6, 2016
/home
thanks for your help but i ave this error
I: Using Apktool 2.3.3
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
Exception in thread "main" org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Exception occurred while writing code_item for method Landroid/support/v7/widget/ActivityChooserModel$PersistHistoryAsyncTask;->doInBackground([Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Void;
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeDebugAndCodeItems(DexWriter.java:825)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeTo(DexWriter.java:268)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeTo(DexWriter.java:246)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:61)
at brut.androlib.src.SmaliBuilder.build(SmaliBuilder.java:36)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSourcesSmali(Androlib.java:417)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildSources(Androlib.java:348)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:300)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:267)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:238)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:76)
Caused by: org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Error while writing instruction at code offset 0x1b
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeCodeItem(DexWriter.java:1098)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeDebugAndCodeItems(DexWriter.java:821)
... 10 more
Caused by: org.jf.util.ExceptionWithContext: Unsigned short value out of range: 65539
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexDataWriter.writeUshort(DexDataWriter.java:116)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.InstructionWriter.write(InstructionWriter.java:348)
at org.jf.dexlib2.writer.DexWriter.writeCodeItem(DexWriter.java:1058)
... 11 more

----------------

Bro for fix Unisgned shot value out of range you can move some folders to smali_classes2, but respecting the path.
For example you can move statusbar folder. (Anyone is valid)

Move smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar
to smali_classes2/com/android/systemui/statusbar

Then you should be able to recompile :good:

Reactions: a.raul

SimplyCity

Jun 4, 2013
Warsaw
Hi guys, I wonder if someone has a guide for disable screen wake up after power connecting. Maybe with rc toggle. Much appreciated. [emoji846]

Wysłane z mojego SM-N950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

a.raul

Apr 21, 2014
Mordor
how to hide statusbar icons lock screen thanks

As you have told me privately that you do not have RC, I give you the option to put it in SecSettings.apk,
the only drawback is that you have to restart the SystemUI, with Quick Reboot you have that option ...

I have set the example in the settings menu, in Advanced Functions

res/xml/useful_feature.xml and put the line where you like, in the captura, for example you add the blue color, the key must be the same as you have put in SystemUI

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PreferenceScreen
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:settings="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.settings">
    <SecPreference android:title="@string/pen_settings_title" android:key="pen_settings_title" android:summary="@string/spen_summary" android:fragment="com.samsung.android.settings.spen.SPenSettingsMenu" />
    [COLOR="Blue"]<SecSwitchPreference android:title="On/Off" android:key="TU_KEY" android:summary="el tuyo" />[/COLOR]
    <SecPreference android:title="@string/active_key_title" android:key="active_key_settings" android:fragment="com.samsung.android.settings.activekey.ActiveKeySettings" />

To compile the adjustments and not have any problems later, follow this post

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76259533&postcount=40

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180511-104608_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180511-104608_Settings.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Reactions: ANDROIDXFOREVER

defcon96

Jul 31, 2015

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

well followed this steps from someone in my spanish discussion rom and gave it a try at the end i got OEM unlock without waiting 7 days and thought it would be nice to share
1 download lastest fully stock firmware and flash through Odin
2 change date and time 8 days before
3check for ota and wait until it says that you're on latest version , check if ota date is set to the date you set(without rebooting)
4 reboot and check for ota again (it will take from 1 to 2 mins) go back and check if date changed
5 reboot again and enable developer option, oem unlock will be there(you may need to wait up to 1 hr for it to show)
6 flash twrp as you should normally do and install the atached zip without rebooting to system until you flash it
7 enjoy oreo BL :D

Thanks to @BlackMesa123 for his rmm state bypass zip
Original zip post : https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-ser...root-january-security-patch-sm-t3739225/page3

Does it have to be a cleanly installed oreo? Does it work with stock oreo if i used it for some time?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts