FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is there a proper Answering Machine app for Android?

1,552 posts
Thanks Meter: 286

By Jibreil, Senior Member on 3rd December 2010, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2017, 03:27 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My Sony M4 Aqua (android) has exactly this built into the software - it would wait a number of rings, then answer the phone, play an outgoing message, then record the voicemail as a file on the phone, so it is possible to do as a software solution. But I cant' find a standalone app which does it.

2nd June 2017, 10:31 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 162

Donate to Me
More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ooted-t3482858

Thats a thread of only Sony related section and theres more pages there than this thread. What does that mean then?

Its as simple as ppl are simply not aware of it but if theyre shown, then ppl will want this instead of the regular slow and painful phone company voicemail.

Someone please make it happen! Whoevers first and keeps Up with maintaining the software will undoubtely make a nice sum. I bet you can sell this for 5euros (or more) easily in the play store.
17th March 2018, 06:36 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about the Sony Xperia's buit in Answering Machine, then?
18th March 2018, 10:57 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrryVIII

What about the Sony Xperia's buit in Answering Machine, then?

I've the Sony Xperia XZ Premium (Android Oreo 8.0) but there isn't any Answering Machine on in.
11th May 2018, 05:33 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Almost There!
Hello,
I'm working on creating an app which will work as an offline voicemail.I believe there's no need of root.I'm focusing for it to work on Oreo 8.1 (sdk27).If it works on Oreo then it may easily work on 5.0+ devices.
Do you'll mind installing 2 more apps as plugins? (as of now I'm not integrating them into mine.But later if possible I may create a single standalone app.)

Sadly due to my exams I may not continue my work for a month.
The app's work is almost completed just minor debugging is left.Should be completed in 2-5days.
I will resume my work from 13th June2018.
Cheers
11th May 2018, 10:44 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Lopes

Hello,
I'm working on creating an app which will work as an offline voicemail

It depends about what you mean with "offline voicemail".
Recording a voicecall is always possible (until now) and there are already plenty of App doing that.
Auto-answer a voicecall, recording it and then show all recorded files is not exactly what I call "voicemail" because the caller could not understand what to do when the voicecall is established without any voice instruction.
I would like to play my custom voice message to the caller saying "hello, I'm currently busy but you can leave me a message after the BEEP". In this way the caller is informed about what to do.

Quote:

I believe there's no need of root.I'm focusing for it to work on Oreo 8.1 (sdk27).If it works on Oreo then it may easily work on 5.0+ devices.

The main problem is that each manufacturer sets Android Audio Policy in a different way.
For example my App is currently working on my testing Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Note 5 (Nougat 7.x) but it's not working on my new Sony Xperia ZX Premium (Oreo 8.0).
Sony seems to have excluded via hardware/software to play the voice message to the caller while there is an active voice call. This is the main problem: each manufacturer can change it's mind/configuration (in the future) and makes the App stop working more.
11th May 2018, 01:25 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emandt

I would like to play my custom voice message to the caller saying "hello, I'm currently busy but you can leave me a message after the BEEP". In this way the caller is informed about what to do.

I referred your project of LVoicemail just now.Its great.But are you able to stream audio through call? Because as far as I remember... access to audio input was disabled long ago.

I was able to play the message over loudspeaker and my microphone was able to catch it.IDK how to stream it internally.
Quote:

The main problem is that each manufacturer sets Android Audio Policy in a different way.
.... each manufacturer can change it's mind/configuration (in the future) and makes the App stop working more.

Listening to you, if Android fragmentation is going to give me nightmares then I guess I'll just keep it to myself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answering machine, market, voicemail

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)