lock and unlock Windows via Bluetooth

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By painkillerde, Junior Member on 12th March 2014, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2015, 10:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
It looks like BTProximity has been discontinued and the developer has deleted all downloads with no mirrors ;_;

18th April 2015, 01:08 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
It looks like BTProximity has been discontinued and the developer has deleted all downloads with no mirrors ;_; and I haven't found any other program that supports logging in to Windows when a certain Bluetooth MAC is nearby.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andrewia Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 08:14 AM |#23  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
well, i was looking for this too, and i was able to unlock my pc via fingerprint using this instructions, xda-developers.com/unlock-windows-pc-using-fingerprint/ i also found the link for the downoad of btprox.zip but it need a command line, and i dont have any idea what to write there sourceforge.net/projects/btprox/files/btprox/1.5.0/

i also found this one, that locked my pc, but not unlocked it softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Blue-Lock-PC
22nd September 2017, 11:37 AM |#24  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried BtProx, and it worked brifely.
14th May 2018, 09:31 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lock/Unlock with Wear OS & Android Phone
I made an app/program to do exactly this.

It is called Umwelt, you can find on my website (gadgetish.com). It does both lock and unlock, allows to adjust the distance (as you requested), notifies your phone if anyone tries to steal your laptop, allows to lock/unlock with your phone fingerprint reader and blocks the screen saver when you are within Bluetooth range.

You'll need to install the program in your Windows PC, an app in your Android phone/smartwach and select a Credential Provider in the lock screen.

There is also a version for Mac, but it doesn't have all the Windows functionality. However it works with any BtLE device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)