[EOL][OP5T][ROM+KERNEL] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 with custom kernel [May 14, 2018]

Search This thread

Niko991

Apr 5, 2016
I don't know if this is the right thread, but...

I love Sultan's ROM and I've been using it for a long time now and i'm very happy with it. Since we are losing support by Sultan (which is fine, I appreciate everything you've done and you're great) but I don't know what ROM I should switch to when the time comes and we lose support.

Can somebody please help me and tell me what ROM should I switch to? I want a ROM like this, not necessarily Lineage OOS is fine too but still!

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
@Sultanxda thank you for the last update.

When compiling your Lineage variant, any particular environmental change I should keep in mind or "hot editing" needed?
For example, I have noticed you edit the build number (or maybe I miss something and mine doesn't change) and I was wondering if I was missing something else.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for everything you've been doing for these sad OnePlus devices :)

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

Reactions: Xokoz

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
@Sultanxda thank you for the last update.

When compiling your Lineage variant, any particular environmental change I should keep in mind or "hot editing" needed?
For example, I have noticed you edit the build number (or maybe I miss something and mine doesn't change) and I was wondering if I was missing something else.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for everything you've been doing for these sad OnePlus devices :)

Just run the patcher first:
Code:
./patcher/patcher.sh

Reactions: Xokoz

Xokoz

Jul 18, 2015
What I really miss is sound control.. :( Even my 64 ohm headphones have too loud volume for me to listen music/videos. Is there any way to add it?

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
What I really miss is sound control.. :( Even my 64 ohm headphones have too loud volume for me to listen music/videos. Is there any way to add it?

My AKG massage my ears if I turn the volume up. Awesome.

Just run the patcher first:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I've ran it both times, but maybe something went wrong.

I'll try again as soon as I manage to download the repo and set up the OS (clean flash, always :silly: )

Last edited:

Xokoz

Jul 18, 2015
My AKG massage my ears if I turn the volume up. Awesome.

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I've ran it both times, but maybe something went wrong.

I'll try again as soon as I manage to download the repo and set up the OS (clean flash, always :silly: )

I meant the volume is already too loud at even the lowest volume. I have very sensitive hearing and I usually listen to music/watch videos in dead quiet room. My hearing is the reason why I have 64ohm headphones, lower impedance ones have way too much side noises like hissing etc. I would implement the sound control (official name is Faux sound control??) if I had the skills/linux system to bake the kernel.

LoneWanderer_97

Jul 14, 2016
Hey guys im new here and was wondering since this is a N rom could i just flash Super user instead of magisk?that isnmy preferred root method

cbendan

May 7, 2014
@Sultanxda
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I turn video HDR on, the exposure gets frozen.
This happens too in my wife's 3t.

Attachments

• Snapcam_video_HDR_exposure_bug.txt
    54.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

binzianer

Nov 20, 2015
Is there a way of getting the camera app from this working on Oxygen OS or Lineage OS 15.1?
I know that many features for the camera are within the ROM and not just the apk. I am just used to using this app and am not doing fancy things. I like how you can set different settings like the time for timelapse footage, Highspeed or Slow-Mo FPS Framerate in Videos, etc.

irawynn

Feb 11, 2014
Is it just me who has an issue with the Instagram photo app? Flash also doesn't work anymore on the regular photo app.

wouterx

Nov 10, 2010
hier
@Sultanxda Thanks for your work. I'v build my own rom based on your local manifest - I need LOS14.1 for work exchange email policies - Everything works well.. except all callers hear echo on calls when I use the speakerphone. Normal handset use works just fine without echo. I’ve tried different options without success. iv tried DeFluence (apk, build.prop edits,) Disable_Enable_Noise_Cancellation_v-5.zip, lineageos-audio-fix.zip, OPO_SpeakerPhone_Fix_LOS_V2.zip, EchoFix_rw-signed-v1.1b.zip and a couple audio_platform_info, mixer_paths_tasha hacks. None worked
who knows how I need to solve this annoying echo.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

@Sultanxda Thanks for your work. I'v build my own rom based on your local manifest - I need LOS14.1 for work exchange email policies - Everything works well.. except all callers hear echo on calls when I use the speakerphone. Normal handset use works just fine without echo. I’ve tried different options without success. iv tried DeFluence (apk, build.prop edits,) Disable_Enable_Noise_Cancellation_v-5.zip, lineageos-audio-fix.zip, OPO_SpeakerPhone_Fix_LOS_V2.zip, EchoFix_rw-signed-v1.1b.zip and a couple audio_platform_info, mixer_paths_tasha hacks. None worked
+ tried different ROMs, with the original rom (android 8) there’s no echo -> so it is not a hardware problem?

Last edited:

Xokoz

Jul 18, 2015

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

+ tried different ROMs, with the original rom (android 8) there’s no echo -> so it is not a hardware problem?
Audio seems to be problem in this rom anyway, I am having quiet static hissing on headphones all the time.

Xokoz

Jul 18, 2015
@Xokoz I have no poor audio quality experience with a headset. did you try it with another headset?

In your own build or? I have tried all Sultan's roms with numerous headphones, even 64ohm headset have that background noise in low volume. Or try to play blank video (no sound) in youtube with full volume, do you hear anything? I think it is because audio mixer paths are modded to add more volume. Maybe comparing and editing to official Lineage would help?

wouterx

Nov 10, 2010
hier
In your own build or? I have tried all Sultan's roms with numerous headphones, even 64ohm headset have that background noise in low volume. Or try to play blank video (no sound) in youtube with full volume, do you hear anything? I think it is because audio mixer paths are modded to add more volume. Maybe comparing and editing to official Lineage would help?

I've just "listened" for a few minutes to a silent video with different headphones, didn’t hear anything. I’ve used my own rom but did not change anything in the audiomixer paths/ audio files (using Sultans source). Maybe we have to look at a similar device to the differences between lineage 14.1 audio files.?

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
This ROM errors out during flashing. The 1st was a error 7 which I fixed in the updater-script. The next was a error 6. Any mirror ROMs I can flash????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an unofficial LineageOS 14.1 ROM for the OnePlus 5T. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.

Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.

ROM features:
    • Based off latest LineageOS 14.1 sources (root access is NOT included)
    • OTA updates via built-in updater in Settings
    • Fast fingerprint unlock
    • sRGB, DCI-P3, and various other display color calibration modes and controls
    • Custom camera app featuring:
      -Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 50 seconds)
      -Manual ISO control
      -Video HDR mode
      -Antibanding control
      -Exposure control
      -Denoise control
      -Face detection
      -HDR
      -Many other manual controls
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel features:
    • Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Nougat Snapdragon 835 base from Qualcomm (CAF)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
    • DASH charge
    • Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
    • Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
    • Reduced display power consumption
    • Improved touchscreen processing latency
    • Improved audio jack detection
    • CPU underclocked to 1958 MHz by default (you can disable this; read the FAQ for more info)
    • Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
    • Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
    • No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

Source code:
    Kernel (cm-14.1-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/dumpling/cm-14.1/local_manifest.xml

Credits:
    • LineageOS and its contributors
    • CAF (aka Qualcomm)
    • zx2c4 (for WireGuard, providing project resources, working directly on development, and sending me stickers)
    • Open GApps
    • If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9

Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
    First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, Magisk if you want root access, and then reboot.

If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("dumpling.verify_modem" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash the firmware package. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.

Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
    If you are already running this ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.

Downloads:
    Firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850490442
    ROM:

Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.

Mirror 1: https://github.com/sultanxda/androi...-14.1-20180514-UNOFFICIAL-Sultan-dumpling.zip

Mirror 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=246659&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "7.1", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
    Magisk (if you want root access): https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    Disable CPU underclock (optional): https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=28437

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 with custom kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    Sultanxda, zx2c4
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-02-05
    Last Updated 2018-05-23
    Changelog:

May 14, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Latest upstream LineageOS changes

Old changelogs:

March 28, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Attempted to fix broken NFC when downgrading from Oreo

Kernel:
    *Fixed previous build's attempt to reduce kernel power consumption (previous build didn't improve battery life; this build does)

March 21, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Fixed time service crashing nonstop (this also caused high battery drain)
    *Slightly reduced kernel power consumption (most of the kernel runs on a single, low-power CPU core now)

March 17, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.8.r1-03300-8x98.0
    *Rewrote alert slider driver (slightly improves alert slider responsiveness and fixes the alert slider mode not getting reapplied after a reboot)
    *Fixed kernel wakelock statistics not showing up in apps like BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector

March 11, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Reverted to old battery driver (fixes battery percentage issues)
    *Fixed battery not charging with some chargers or a computer's USB port

February 20, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Fixed DASH charge issues introduced in the previous build
    *Fixed incorrect battery percentage being reported in recovery

February 19, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Camera: Fixed camera preview freeze when taking pictures with a manual ISO
    *Added more volume steps for handset volume and media volume
    *(from zx2c4) Camera shutter sounds are no longer forced in countries that require them
    *(from zx2c4) Fixed missing 5 GHz WiFi hotspot option for some users

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.7.r1-11800-8x98.0
    *Fixed USB tethering
    *Fixed touchscreen gestures not working sometimes
    *Rewrote battery driver for more accurate battery readings

February 5, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Initial release

Kernel:
    *Initial release
    FAQ:

1. Why did you underclock the CPU?
    Answer: At the underclocked frequency, the amount of heat generated by the CPU is quite a bit less, so the CPU is throttled less often (leading to a better user experience), and battery life is better as well. The performance difference while underclocked is also not really noticeable unless you use a benchmark application.
    New build is up with some small but important bugs fixed. The OTA updater is working now too.
    Huge props @Sultanxda, ROM is awesome, buttery smooth.

2 minor quirks:
    1. Oily paint effect is visible on pictures taken
    2. 1080p and 4k recording is jerky...

Van Gogh himself is in your camera, painting your images. /s

Camera is currently not that great because OnePlus devs made a horrible mess of things and they don't want to cooperate in helping custom ROMs fully utilize the camera. EIS isn't working which is why videos seem jerky.

I'm not very satisfied with the camera right now (and @zx2c4 is even less satisfied with it), but coming up with a solution will take time (probably months). So the camera will be a long term project.

@Sultanxda are you considering unifying op5/op5t? loved your rom on the op3 and want to keep using your rom
    Same here, would love to use Sultans rom on OP5. We would be forever grateful if you could make this happen :D

When I started working on the 5T, I thought about doing this. However, there are a lot of differences between the 5 and 5T that make making a unified build very ugly and painful, so I decided not to do it.

I think he doesn't like the OP5

He definitely does not like the OP5.

Does it have face unlock? Just asking

Yes, face unlock is supported and is functional.

This rom works great. But I did find an error. When I press on Smart Lock in security settings my phone does reboot immediately.

I don't have this issue. Did you flash some sort of mod?

Trusted Face doesn't work either. That can be set up, but I can not unlock my phone.

Trusted face works for me.