[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][chiron] TWRP 3.2.2-1 for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Search This thread

donatod87

May 9, 2015
Help: TWRP 3.2.1-0 backup (operation failed)

The backup starts correctly, then arrive at 39% and pops up the message "operation failed" I wonder why this?

Smartphone: Mi MIx 2 (Rom Global Stable Miui last 9.5.8.0 )

Usb clean, fat32, usb 3.0, 32gb

Thanks

Help: TWRP 3.2.1-0 backup (operation failed)

The backup starts correctly, then arrive at 39% and pops up the message "operation failed" I wonder why this?

Smartphone: Mi MIx 2 (Rom Global Stable Miui last 9.5.8.0 )

Usb clean, fat32, usb 3.0, 32gb

Thanks

Do you backup to USB-OTG device?
Maybe your USB stick has write errors to its flash storage or does not get enough power from phone.

Please try to backup to internal storage first and verify this operation could finished successful.

Reactions: donatod87

donatod87

May 9, 2015
Do you backup to USB-OTG device?
Maybe your USB stick has write errors to its flash storage or does not get enough power from phone.

Please try to backup to internal storage first and verify this operation could finished successful.
Yes Otg. (Model SanDisk 3.0"new Pen drive'')
However, the backup at the root of the phone works.

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

kancrutt

Nov 9, 2007
JakARTa
I just experimented flashing ROM from MIUI 10 Alpha to Dirty Unicorn without formatting the data (type "yes"), only "Wipe All". Booting the system and then set the lockscreen password & fingerprint. After that reboot to recovery mode and viola "password failed..."

So i just reboot to system and installed Flashify and flash TWRP recovery. it works!

SEngine

Jan 2, 2010
Help me!
I trying install twrp with "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img". the installation is always done but every time I try to start in recovery I find always the stock recovery. No twrp.

Where I wrong?

taotechad

Dec 11, 2012
Some reason backup file not showing up. Successful backup but still old files in backup folder. Any suggestions? Running latest img.

trapntan

May 25, 2011
OnePlus 8T
So with Raupe's TWRP, and now with the offical 3.2.2-1, I make a backup of the global developer rom, flash something else (like ABC rom) with no problem, but when I go to restore the backup, the OS loads but system just sits there thinking, homescreen never loads, it's like no apps are installed, system or otherwise. I wipe before flashing and restoring, am I missing something? Each time I'm stuck formatting data in TWRP and then using fastboot to reflash global developer rom.

Last edited:

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
Google Pixel 7a
You are giving instruction for rooted device. What if someone wants to flash twrp on a non-rooted device? Where is the instruction for that?

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

Only if you are using a custom ROM.

Miui stock rom will always overwrite twrp with stock recovery.

There's an additional zip you can flash in twrp to keep twrp with miui. Maybe Someone can link it.

Can I just boot into twrp (temporarily) by typing fastboot boot recovery.img and then just flash Magisk to gain root access? Or am I missing any step??

Reactions: SaswataChakraborty

udo 240

Mar 29, 2013
I own first day a Mi Mix 2 and just installed TWRP 3.2.3.0 and Omni... Two probs: First I need the password to decrypt my data-partition and I can not backup my partitions like Boot, System and Data.... It always end in: Can not create ´/data/media/0/TWRP7BACKUPS/..... Failed to make backup folder.´ What is the problem? Thx for your help in beforehand ;)

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
OPPO Find X5 Pro
You are giving instruction for rooted device. What if someone wants to flash twrp on a non-rooted device? Where is the instruction for that?

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

Can I just boot into twrp (temporarily) by typing fastboot boot recovery.img and then just flash Magisk to gain root access? Or am I missing any step??

Yeah that will work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

DOWNLOAD:
    1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
    2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
    3) Select TWRP Flash
    4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
    5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
    OR:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website.

FEATURES:
    • FBE Decryption support
    • MTP support
    • ADB root

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

CONTRIBUTIONS:
    Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
    Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    blankaf, TheStrix

Version Information

Created 2018-04-21
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    As treble will be available in today's LOS build I have gone ahead and enabled support for the vendor partition in the latest official TWRP.
    twrp-3.2.2-1-chiron.img
    Hello @blankaf and @TheStrix

I tried to rebuild your TWRP with the information provided here in the thread.
    I was successful somehow ...
    ... build TWRP runs smooth and TWRP was booting fine but the self built recovery was not able to decrypt the MIUI ROM based data partition (created with ROM miui_MIMIX2Global_8.4.19_fa49b22402_8.0.zip).

This was a bit surprising because the downloaded official TWRP was able to decrypt MIUI.
    I did some investigation an found that several files differ.
    This is absolutely reasonable for some files (bacause of different folder locations thy reference to and so on) but for some it's not.

My special attention is for files as follows:
    • ramdisk\init
    • ramdisk\file_contexts.bin
    • all listed files in ramdisk\sbin folder (see sceenshot/attached file)

I would be kindly ask you to publish the manifest files that have been used to build the TWRP that has a working encryption.
    If possible the command that has been used to init the repo would also be very helpful.

Possibly my build environment has to many/wrong other projects activated that prevents me from building an recovery with working en-/decryption - your information could to an successful bug hunting ;)

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you, mate. My problems started after trying to mount partition. Something went very wrong and I lost access to data partition and phone entered into a boot loop. So, I had to recover via fastboot (wipe didn't worked) but since Xiaomi has not pushed fastboot packages for Android 9 yet, I had to perform a full restore with previous beta (9.4.25) that has some kind of incompatibility at partition level.
    So, currently, I've a pretty Mi Mix 2 half bricked (I can boot, but UI fails constantly due to some problems in order to write in vendor partition). That's the problem when you are the first to test! :D

Good to see that xiaomi.eu has been released a new version. If I install this ROM I will be probably able to recover phone until Xiaomi launches official fastboot packages with Android 9 support....

Attached to that post you'll find a TWRP installable script that adds encryption to xiaomi.eu ROMs that are Android 8 based.
    It may worth a shot if you have a backup in place that contains the system partition (because the script I've posted changes the partition decryption values).

I've successfully used this script for Android 8.0 based xiaomi.eu ROMs to preserve my encrypted volumes (xiaomi.eu did not support them out of the box).

UPDATE1
    ATTENTION: Attachment removed because ist uses old folder/link layout - new !working! version will be posted after mirgation test (fresh, crypted install is possible - I'm testing a migration from unencrypted to encrypted this moment)

UPDATE2
    Migration test was not successful :-/
    Therefore backup all your Apps & Data with your preferred backup Tool within running Android and restore them after fresh install.
    I'll write a short tutorial in a new post after restore test is completed
    I have the unofficial by raupe, can i upgrade in twrp with .img without any problem? Or will format my data partition?
    thanks

I did it without any problem