FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][WIP] Jelly Bean / CM10.1 (4.2.2) Alpha 2 - 3.1 kernel - Last Update 30.05.2013

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 611

By DerArtem, Senior Member on 17th February 2013, 09:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2016, 08:45 AM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miazza

Nice to see someone is still flashing the Folio ... I will need to flash it again with 4.2.2. one (right now I'm using a more stable old rom that is not anymore compatible with youtube...).
Remember that with this ROM you will face a few problems that are quite annoying:
- WiFi out of range issue : for some reason once you are registered to your SSID the wifi goes out of range and you need to reboot till you are luky and wifi is again available
- SOD during std-by : once in std-by you cannot wake it up. This is nomething you can solve with an awake app.

Your problem seems related to the wrong recovery.
Follow the installation instruction:

1) Install the correct recovery using fastboot or zip file.
2) Copy everything on the the SD card and install the ROM using the recovery.

You must do a full wipe and format the data and media partition (/sdcard) before installing the ROM using CWM recovery.

Do a full wipe before installing this ROM the first time.

Hi,

Thank you for a quick reply. I went through the steps you described with exactly the same results. First, the name of the zip file was cm-10.1-20140107-UNOFFICIAL-betelgeuse.zip but I had to rename it to update.zip.

From where could I download appropriate recovery file?
How about the ROM you are using?.

27th June 2016, 09:24 AM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundestank

Hi,

Thank you for a quick reply. I went through the steps you described with exactly the same results. First, the name of the zip file was cm-10.1-20140107-UNOFFICIAL-betelgeuse.zip but I had to rename it to update.zip.

From where could I download appropriate recovery file?
How about the ROM you are using?.

You do not need to rename the zip (at least it is not necessary).
The file should be visible from recovery as it is.
Before of the ROM, there is a file called format.zip that is necessary to be run only once.

I do not know where to download original stuff.
Unfortunately in this period I am very busy but as soon as I have some time I can upload the material I have.

Right now I'm using TGfoliomod ... working well but almost not anymore compatible withe any app in the market.
5th November 2017, 05:02 PM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Is there any news on this ROM ?
My daughter needs a 10" tablet for school e-book reading and this FOLIO 100 should be sufficient for that need.
The problem is that this ROM is not stable enough and full of SOD...
4th February 2018, 09:29 AM |#224  

More
Files are down, please upload again.
Since the links for CM10.1 Alpha1 and Alpha2 and for the recovery are down is it possible to make the files available somewhere again? I allready searched the web but couldn't find the files anywher for download.
26th May 2018, 09:42 AM |#225  

More
Alpha 2 files
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlan1000

Since the links for CM10.1 Alpha1 and Alpha2 and for the recovery are down is it possible to make the files available somewhere again? I allready searched the web but couldn't find the files anywher for download.

Anyone can share the alpha 2 files again?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)