[ROM] [7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 OFFICIAL Builds (pme)

Search This thread
Thank you very much for your help fdgd1998!

So to recap: I erase the persistent partition and after that I flash via RUU (still looking for the right version for eu unlocked htc 10) [strikethrough]instead of fastboot(which was recommended in that thread)[/strikethrough] [correction. I have S-ON, so fastboot is not recommended anyway] and after that I push my LOS files and flash those?

Edit: I am not sure if this applies to my device:

Ofc minus the oreo ota step. Does this work for eu unlocked devices as well? Or should I take another RUU and firmware file?

Edit2:

This confuses me. Do I need to be on Nougat first before I can downgrade!? Makes no sense to me.

Edit3: Since your thread has a video von 7.0 to 6.0 I assume that the quote is meant for those cases and that 8 to 7 is done from Oreo? It's the only logical case for me

cheers,
wandang

Hello Wandang,
You need to firstly, install flash the nougat RUU and later, don't boot the phone, just erase the persist partition in bootloader, the commands to run are different depending whether you are S-on or OFF. Since I read you are S-ON, you will need to wipe persist partition from TWRP terminal, do that installing TWRP after flashing the RUU. As you are S-on, you will also need to change the system version with HTC Tool before flashing, all the steps are in the videos. Just I want to mention video credits goes to its uploader, as well as the method of erasing persist partition.

After that, you can flash LOS if you want.

To continue, the OTA file you are asking is for WWE, so there is no problem at all. The files I linked all are for WWE devices, you can take those ones.

Related to the videos, the author downgrades from N to MM, but the steps to follow are the same to downgrade from O to N. And as you say, yes, the logical is to start with oreo and then go down to nougat. :)

I will aso update the OP of that thread, to include Oreo WWE RUU for example.

I hope all is clear for you now.

Cheers,
Fran.

wandang

May 15, 2018
Hello Wandang,
You need to firstly, install flash the nougat RUU and later, don't boot the phone, just erase the persist partition in bootloader, the commands to run are different depending whether you are S-on or OFF. Since I read you are S-ON, you will need to wipe persist partition from TWRP terminal, do that installing TWRP after flashing the RUU. As you are S-on, you will also need to change the system version with HTC Tool before flashing, all the steps are in the videos. Just I want to mention video credits goes to its uploader, as well as the method of erasing persist partition.

After that, you can flash LOS if you want.

To continue, the OTA file you are asking is for WWE, so there is no problem at all. The files I linked all are for WWE devices, you can take those ones.

Related to the videos, the author downgrades from N to MM, but the steps to follow are the same to downgrade from O to N. And as you say, yes, the logical is to start with oreo and then go down to nougat. :)

I will aso update the OP of that thread, to include Oreo WWE RUU for example.

I hope all is clear for you now.

Cheers,
Fran.

You are an amazing person for having so much patience with me. Thanks so much.

So to recap I have this list. I hope the version number from the video is not too old.

1. change version via htc_version_tool to 1.00.709.0
  2. Install flash nougat ruu -> afterwards don't boot phone
  3. Install twrp
  4. erase persist partition (S-ON way: via twrp)
    S-ON only
    a. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    b. Use the command below to erase persist partition
    Code:
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist
  5. Install LOS etc

This post does it in a different order. First erasing persistence and then flashing firmware and after relocking bootloader flashing ruu.

Last edited:
You are an amazing person for having so much patience with me. Thanks so much.

So to recap I have this list. I hope the version number from the video is not too old.

1. change version via htc_version_tool to 1.00.709.0
  2. Install flash nougat ruu -> afterwards don't boot phone
  3. Install twrp
  4. erase persist partition (S-ON way: via twrp)
    S-ON only
    a. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    b. Use the command below to erase persist partition
    Code:
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist
  5. Install LOS etc

This post does it in a different order. First erasing persistence and then flashing firmware and after relocking bootloader flashing ruu.

In step one, just put the same system version as the RUU you want to flash.
Also you will need to flash hosd image extracted from RUU before flashing RUU.
The rest of the procedure seems fine.

AFAIK, is not necessary to relock the bootloader, at least with S-OFF. I don't know with S-ON beacuse I have S-OFF.
Also, copying the firmware is if you already have S-OFF in your phone. That's what I don every time I want to go from one system version to another.

I hope finally I managed to help you :D

Last edited:

wandang

May 15, 2018
In step one, just put the same system version as the RUU you want to flash.
Also you will need to flash hosd image extracted from RUU before flashing RUU.
The rest of the procedure seems fine.

AFAIK, is not necessary to relock the bootloader, at least with S-OFF. I don't know with S-ON beacuse I have S-OFF.
Also, copying the firmware is if you already have S-OFF in your phone. That's what I don every time I want to go from one system version to another.

I hope finally I managed to help you :D

Hey fdgd1998,

I did start the process and the hosd.img flash was fine. After that I rebooted into rebootRUU and tried to flash the ruu file. It failed the process:

Code:
htc_fastboot v3.0.9.2 (2015-05-29)
target rom version: 2.41.401.41
found large-zip header, file count: 25
processing file 1/25...
sending 'zip' (108173 KB)...
OKAY [  5.708s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) HOSD CL#857212
(bootloader) GPT (gpt_main_32g.img) is up-to-dated. [17408]
(bootloader) Perform pre-update
(bootloader) WARN Skip partition_info due to unmatched partition name
(bootloader) WARN Skip backup_android-info.txt due to unmatched partitio
(bootloader) n name
(bootloader) get 34 images from zip(zip_type=3)
(bootloader) start@34
(bootloader) apppreload.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) aboot_signed.img@100%
(bootloader) cota.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) xbl-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) hosd_signed.img@100%
(bootloader) apdp-8996-1.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) rpm-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) pmic-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) boot_signed.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) recovery_signed.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) slpi.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) adsp.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) dsp.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) rcdata.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) rfg_3.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) venus.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) modemst1.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) modemst2.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) fsc.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) tz-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) hyp-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) devcfg-8996-1.img@100%
(bootloader) lksecapp.img@100%
(bootloader) cmnlib32.img@100%
(bootloader) cmnlib64.img@100%
(bootloader) keymaster.img@100%
(bootloader) pg2fs_ship_signkey.img@100%
(bootloader) sensor_hub.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) tp_SYN3708.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) cs_CY8C.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) splash1.nb0@BYPASS
(bootloader) usb_typec_otp.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) usb_typec_otp_ad.img@BYPASS
(bootloader) radio.img@BYPASS
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately )
finished. total time: 8.861s
preupdate done, rebooting...
resending command...
< waiting for device >
sending 'zip' (108173 KB)...
OKAY [  6.809s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) ERR lzipv2_init : Cannot open file /dev/fastboot_download_o
(bootloader) der
(bootloader) ERR Update zip file failed.
(bootloader) ERR ZIP signature checking failed...
(bootloader) ERR ZIP ERROR CODE, 22
FAILED (remote: 22 RU_HEADER_ERROR )
finished. total time: 10.264s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 37.566s

Guess I am ****ed :/

Edit: Are the linked files not compatible to my device?
Code:
INFOmid: 2PS620000
INFOcid: HTC__001

Last edited:

wandang

May 15, 2018
Try to flash firmware before RUU.

Update:

I tried the firmware which did not work.
Then I tried to erase the cache and restarted the process for flashing the ruu file.
Now it did go through without any errors.
At the moment I am flashing LOS and hopefully this time the sim and home button will work.
I will keep you updated! Thanks so far!

Quick edit:
The LOS script says
Code:
Failed to mount '/persist' (Invalid argument)
Which is to be expected since we zeroed it. Hope this boots fine now though!

Another Edit:
I am in a bootloop :/

Last edited:
Update:

I tried the firmware which did not work.
Then I tried to erase the cache and restarted the process for flashing the ruu file.
Now it did go through without any errors.
At the moment I am flashing LOS and hopefully this time the sim and home button will work.
I will keep you updated! Thanks so far!

Quick edit:
The LOS script says

Which is to be expected since we zeroed it. Hope this boots fine now though!

Another Edit:
I am in a bootloop :/
Yes, because it seems you didn't wiped the persist partition after flashing RUU. You need to wipe it.

wandang

May 15, 2018
Yes, I am refering that. For me, when i wipe persist i need to reflash RUU to make the phone working again. Do it, maybe is the solution for you too.

Well, I made a list which had erasing persist after flashing RUU.:rolleyes:

Now I did let the battery run out of power to stop the bootloop and after that recharged to 30%.
After that I tried booting into download mode (volume down + power) which put me into the bootloop again.

I will try to find a keycombo which boots into recovery right away, otherwise this device is hardbricked:(

Now I did let the battery run out of power to stop the bootloop and after that recharged to 30%.
After that I tried booting into download mode (volume down + power) which put me into the bootloop again.

I will try to find a keycombo which boots into recovery right away, otherwise this device is hardbricked:(
Oh, I am really sorry mate.... Days ago something similar happened to other guy.

These are the problems of S-ON. Otherwise, other succcessfully downgraded with S-ON.

wandang

May 15, 2018
Oh, I am really sorry mate.... Days ago something similar happened to other guy.

These are the problems of S-ON. Otherwise, other succcessfully downgraded with S-ON.

Hey fdgd1998,

just a heads up. I factory resetted my old Oneplus One out of despair and now it no longer has any of its problems which led me to buy the HTC 10 in the first place (battery drain and heat due to some google services and sim detection, sim not being detected, charging speed). So I can continue using my old device with my backups. Sad to lose so much money but I am glad not to be forced to buy another one!

So all in all a good ending!

Hey fdgd1998,

just a heads up. I factory resetted my old Oneplus One out of despair and now it no longer has any of its problems which led me to buy the HTC 10 in the first place (battery drain and heat due to some google services and sim detection, sim not being detected, charging speed). So I can continue using my old device with my backups. Sad to lose so much money but I am glad not to be forced to buy another one!

So all in all a good ending!
I'm glad you have that Oneplus One, is a good phone.

I don't think your HTC 10 is hard bricked, just something went wrong and it keeps boolooping, I hope you can find the way to fix it.

kelleci

Aug 29, 2009

Hi
I had this problem too.When you dd persist partition you also destroy file system thats why its bootlooping. Just boot into twrp and command this with twrp terminal or adb via pc:

make_ext4fs /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist

Then you should install ruu via pc.
In my case i was able to boot recovery.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:

wandang

May 15, 2018
Hi
I had this problem too.When you dd persist partition you also destroy file system thats why its bootlooping. Just boot into twrp and command this with twrp terminal or adb via pc:

make_ext4fs /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist

Then you should install ruu via pc.
In my case i was able to boot recovery.
Hope it helps.

How can I boot into twrp when I cannot reach download mode?

wandang

May 15, 2018
Phone is OFF -> push+hold VOLUME UP+DOWN -> push + hold POWER until screen is on and shortly vibrates. IMMEDIATLY(!) let go all buttons -> Welcome in Bootloader!

Oh ****, thanks so much! Had a flicker for 0.3 seconds where I saw the bootloader screen and I tried to release the buttons asap but it already was too late. Now I need to wait for the battery to drain (from 100% :/). So I will probably try this again tomorrow :D (or do you have another magic forced shutdown button combination?)

But it seems to work!

Oh ok, the same combo did force a reboot into bootloader while it is bootlooped. This time I was able to be quick enough. Gonna tinker around now :)

Update:
I did use your command in adb shell. After that I rebooted into oem rebootRUU and installed the RUU zip file via htc_fastboot flash zip.

Then I rebooted into bootloader to reach recovery (preparing to install LOS) and after I choose to boot into recovery the phone showed a red triangular warning sign.

Maybe my twrp got overwritten? Not sure what to do next.

While writing this the sign changed into a normal htc bootup and now the original vanilla OS seems to be greeting me. Hope this occurance of the red triangular is normal? Anyway I will try to boot into recovery once more and then install LOS.

Update 2:
I wasn't able to get into recovery, so I reflashed it which worked. After that I installed LOS. I forgot to format userdata beforehand this time though... So now I am greeted by a password screen in normal and recovery boot. I tried to format userdata afterwards but I get the error:
Formatting is not supported for filesystem with type ''.

Now I am stuck again

Last edited:

CaptainKaracho

Oh ****, thanks so much! Had a flicker for 0.3 seconds where I saw the bootloader screen and I tried to release the buttons asap but it already was too late. Now I need to wait for the battery to drain (from 100% :/). So I will probably try this again tomorrow :D (or do you have another magic forced shutdown button combination?)

But it seems to work!

You don't have to wait. Just try same Key-Combo-Action in any Phone-State and you will directly reboot to bootloader. I tried it right now during Phone ist normally booted. VOL UP&DOWN + PWR until buttons stop blinking. I released all buttons when vibrations comes and voilà.....Bootloader ;) Try it and save much of Lifetime because waiting :silly:

Reactions: jayloofah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Other Issues Not in Known Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the LineageOS boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of

/sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops (command: adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops)

after the reboot and provide that.

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Google apps addon:
    We are using Open GApps (Link) Arm64 version. (make sure to use 64bit when using other packages), others might also be working and make sure you download the right version. I do not recommend stock or full or anything that replaces default apps as this has been known to cause problems (e.g. replacing the dialer with a stock dialer can make it crash).

Note: In case you want to use any gapps, YOU MUST install the right gapps the first time that you flash a marshmallow or later ROM. Do not boot with an older gapps or without one and then try to install it later.
    Note: If you install a package which replaces the default dialer (mostly "Stock Gapps") you have to go to Settings->Apps->Gear-Icon and set the new dialer as a default telephony app to prevent force closing of apps

Known Issues

• None that I am aware of.

If you encounter any other issues, please let me know by filing a bug in JIRA with:

• logs
    • steps to reproduce
    • carrier
    • firmware: stock M or N as your last RUU/official update

problems reported without all of this information will usually be ignored and even occasionally flamed...

Coming from my unofficial builds?

When you already had an unofficial (pre-official) build installed, feel free to install the " experimental" build. As we have tightened security, this build is meant to preserve your data during migration. After you have booted it once, please install the next official nightly to complete the procedure (and get rid of the watermark). Please note that this might fail so always take a backup first!
    For more info visit this LINK

Download

Instruction: Instructions including POTENTIAL DATA LOSS
    Download: LineageOS download site

Changelog

https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/pme

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    crpalmer
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_htc_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-12-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-09
    I have added pme to the list of devices that will get 14.1 official builds when they start to roll out (no ETA on when that will be).

The next build will fix the last bluetooth problem and the fingerprint sensor for M firmware was fixed awhile ago (but I forgot to update the list of known issues until right now). That takes care of the bugs that I consider significant enough to block release at the standards required for our devices.
    Installation Notes

Installation Notes:

We have tested the upgrade from CM-13.0 (official / unofficial) and a clean install.
    It is possible to install LineageOS 14.1 over an existing installation of CM-13.0 by following those steps:

* Download the zip from the link
    (* If you have Google Apps installed, you will need to update those as well, download a package for Android 7.1 ARM64 from OpenGApps for example)
    * Push zip(s) to device
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Do a Backup of Boot, System, Data (optional but recommended)
    * Choose Install and select the zip of LineageOS 14.1 and read next step before proceeding
    * If you want Google Apps, it is required to install them BEFORE you boot into LineageOS the first time
    * Install
    * Clear cache / dalvik
    * Reboot

Please make sure you are aware of the known and the possibility of unknown issues before considering installation!
    FYI, I have added this device to the official weekly build roster. When the official builds come out early next week I will stop my unofficial builds, rename this thread and update the installation instructions.
    @crpalmer It looks like pme didn't make the list getting official builds. Will you continue building yourself?List

For now. I pulled it from the list at the last minute because I just started to get a better understanding of needing to format userdata after using N stock software. I wanted to look at it more before unleashing the official builds.