Always On Ambient Display

Search This thread

morback

Mar 9, 2011
Its too early to tell without using it a full day - but till now its good, no huge battery drain on my side
I can confirm. At least it seems still better than 5.1.1 without AOD. BTW, I changed the brightness value in your Tasker profile to something like 20, because 0 is really too dark. Now it's perfect :)

Reactions: arjun2312

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Ok Cool, glad you got it! I optimzied it a little bit because the nofitications ware also in the lowest brightness.
I created 4 Profiles: AOD Dark, AOD Bright after unlock (autobrightness on), AOD notification and Slider Position.
I've attached them for you.
AOD Dark and AOD Bright are selfexplained, AOD Notification listens to any notification, sets the brightness to 255 and after 4,5 secs (notification default) it gets back to AOD Dark.
Slider Position is the state of the slider (1=DND,2=Vibrate,3=Ring). Notifciations are only shown if state=2 or 3.
The Profiles could be done better or combined but i'm lazy :)

A lift up would be nice, i'll try to do it

Great work man, but the notification one doesn't seem to work like you said. When the notification arrives the screen stays dark. I'm most interested in that profile.

Udzi

Aug 6, 2009
Black Forest
I've noticed that too. The reason is the Slider variable thing.
I'll try to solve it.

Remove it from AOD Notification and you're good.
A Notification while dnd will light up the display then too

EDIT: Fixed it. Try the attached Profile. The triggers are 1 and 3 if you use the default Slider

PS: I reconfigured my Slider with "Oxygen Slider" to
Top (1) = DnD
Middle (2) = Vibrate
Down (3) = Ring
so my triggers are 2 and 3

Now i'm looking into the Lift Gesture

Attachments

• AOD_Notification.prf.xml
    1.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
I've noticed that too. The reason is the Slider variable thing.
I'll try to solve it.

Remove it from AOD Notification and you're good.
A Notification while dnd will light up the display then too

EDIT: Fixed it. Try the attached Profile. The triggers are 1 and 3 if you use the default Slider

PS: I reconfigured my Slider with "Oxygen Slider" to
Top (1) = DnD
Middle (2) = Vibrate
Down (3) = Ring
so my triggers are 2 and 3

Now i'm looking into the Lift Gesture
Is it possible to turn on auto brightness when unlocking the screen?

Titarasaudi

Dec 22, 2013
Alexandroupoli
You're right! I managed it with tasker:

State>ScreenOff = Task>AutoBrightness Off and Brightness 0

But i noticed another thing: I use 24h clock but the new AOD is 12h clock per default and there is no option to configure it...

EDIT: Switching from my primary language to english, setting 24h clock and changing back to primary fixed it
Thanks Udzi! Excellent work!
It is my first time using Tasker!! [emoji29]
Can you help me how can i do it?
Sorry if my question look's stupid!

Udzi

Aug 6, 2009
Black Forest
But if I'm using aod dark? Auto brightness kinda stays on sometimes when unlocking the screen, but I'm not using the phone for a longer period of time, the auto brightness turns off.

Hm i think AOD Bright\Dark are not the best names for the tasks and you're not familiar with tasker?

Look, AOD Dark is the profile which detects if the screen is off and then sets the autobrightness off and brightness to 0.

AOD Bright detects if the device is unlocked and resets autobrightness to 1 and brightness to 10, nothing else.

So you have to enable both profiles to work it properly.

Like i said its a pretty lazy implementation till OnePlus fixes AOD (they removed it from OP6 recently). I've noticed that sometimes the display stays at full brightness, sometimes the autobrightness is still off :(

If the settings don't fit your requirements, play with the values or create another task.

Thanks Udzi! Excellent work!
It is my first time using Tasker!! [emoji29]
Can you help me how can i do it?
Sorry if my question look's stupid!

Download the Zip + the fixed AOD_Notification.xml and follow this guide to import a task. If you have further questions lets continue via pm

Reactions: Azhar_Fahry

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hm i think AOD Bright\Dark are not the best names for the tasks and you're not familiar with tasker?

Look, AOD Dark is the profile which detects if the screen is off and then sets the autobrightness off and brightness to 0.

AOD Bright detects if the device is unlocked and resets autobrightness to 1 and brightness to 10, nothing else.

Like i said its a pretty lazy implementation till OnePlus fixes AOD (they removed it from OP6 recently). I've noticed that sometimes the display stays at full brightness, sometimes the autobrightness is still off :(

If the settings don't fit your requirements, play with the values or create another task.

Download the Zip + the fixed AOD_Notification.xml and follow this guide to import a task. If you have further questions lets continue via pm
Understood now, I was confused.

Dito13

Feb 24, 2015
Doesn't work for me on OOS 5.1.2
The option to schedule is there but is grayed out

suprstar29

Feb 17, 2012

How hard do you think it would be to create a Taker profile to turn on AoD when a notification was received from certain apps and turn off when the notification is dismissed? That way AoD is only sipping on the battery when there is actually a notification to see as opposed to wasting battery just showing the clock. I am not the best at tasker, but I am going to give it a go. Any suggestions?

Udzi

Aug 6, 2009
Black Forest
How hard do you think it would be to create a Taker profile to turn on AoD when a notification was received from certain apps and turn off when the notification is dismissed? That way AoD is only sipping on the battery when there is actually a notification to see as opposed to wasting battery just showing the clock. I am not the best at tasker, but I am going to give it a go. Any suggestions?

Maybe with AutoNotification

Stern52

May 24, 2018

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came across this posted on Reddit for the OnePlus 5, but I've tested it and it works on the 5t on OB8, at least. It's a Magisk module which activates always on ambient display to a schedule. You access the settings under Settings>Display

Thread is here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/co...ble_always_on_display_for_op5?sort=confidence
    Hi
    I don't use Tasker. I know Tasker users can create "Tasker apps" which are basically standalone apks which do the same. Would it be possible for you to create one with this purpose? Otherwise I'll finally use the full app I guess :)

EDIT : Nevermind, seems like I already purchased the app a while ago, it was easy to set up... That works perfectly btw.

Ok Cool, glad you got it! I optimzied it a little bit because the nofitications ware also in the lowest brightness.
    I created 4 Profiles: AOD Dark, AOD Bright after unlock (autobrightness on), AOD notification and Slider Position.
    I've attached them for you.
    AOD Dark and AOD Bright are selfexplained, AOD Notification listens to any notification, sets the brightness to 255 and after 4,5 secs (notification default) it gets back to AOD Dark.
    Slider Position is the state of the slider (1=DND,2=Vibrate,3=Ring). Notifciations are only shown if state=2 or 3.
    The Profiles could be done better or combined but i'm lazy :)

A lift up would be nice, i'll try to do it
    Hey Guys,
    i'd like to here your opinion: I'm working on a substratum theme to customize the AOD :cool:
    There are values to customize the ten digit, white numbers, owner message, percent value, battery symbol etc. ... the possibilities are endless!
    I also tried reduced the brightness of the colors by changing the transparency so the AOD is darker but the negativ part: It stays like this and doesn't gets bright by the lifting gesture..hm...

Its also possible to change the value how long a notification is shown. I changed it from 5 seconds to 8 seconds
    Its also possible to change the popup icons of the slider key status too. In my case the slider is remapped to vibrate in the middle and silent at the top. Now my AOD shows that state too ;)

So, where to start and where to stop?

Cheers, looking forward to hear your opinions
    Yea. Thats the theory bro. Thats why its called ALWAYS ON
    Whoa bruh! MIND BLOWN
    Not working for me, no option shows up.. (OxygenOS 5.1.1, 8.1 Oreo)