FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Terminal Emulator??? Access "adb shell"???

498 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By BAttitude7689, Senior Member on 20th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
how do i use the terminal emulator app to access adb shell?

20th June 2010, 10:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
adb shell is only used when you're on a computer, like when using android sdk tools. When you use the terminal emulator you use different commands try This Link for some help using the terminal emulator, they're basically the same as linux commands.

also this should be in the Q&A section
25th June 2010, 07:22 AM |#3  
Flag 0x000000FF
Thanks Meter: 211

More
lol the terminal is the 'shell'
if you're running a terminal right on the phone, then consider yourself already @root when you're typing in commands.
25th June 2010, 03:37 PM |#4  
Flag Newton, IA
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foil

lol the terminal is the 'shell'
if you're running a terminal right on the phone, then consider yourself already @root when you're typing in commands.

Sort of. You are a user, but not "root". To become superuser you have to use the SU command.

Quote:

/ $ su
~ # |

I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking here. Your original point remains true. You don't have to use ADB at that point to run commands. You run the command without ADB right in the terminal.
27th June 2010, 03:26 AM |#5  
Flag 0x000000FF
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subcypher

Sort of. You are a user, but not "root". To become superuser you have to use the SU command.

I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking here. Your original point remains true. You don't have to use ADB at that point to run commands. You run the command without ADB right in the terminal.

No, you're fine. I was just assuming that he was already rooted, but you're right - it's a regular user account unless you change to superuser.
27th June 2010, 03:30 AM |#6  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
in order to do what you probably want you will have to type su. It should then ask for SU permission and then you should gey
Code:
#
28th May 2018, 08:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hello everyone, idk if im in the wrong place, but im trying to connect my non rooted phone to my rooted tablet with terminal emulator.Is there a way for me to use adb because it worked with my previous phone...its not working and isn't showing any device when i input "adb devices"...Can anyone help me please, help would be greatly appreciated 🙂(btw usb debugging is enabled on my phone)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)