Root Xa Ultra (M) (N) New easiest method, single Sim. F3211.

Search This thread

kiukirimas

May 13, 2012
Hello Everyone, I wanted to share an easiest way to root our Xa Ultra phone.
Here are te requirements:
1. Xa ultra latest clean Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware.
2. Unlocked bootloader (Search the thread for a tutorial)
3. Fastboot (Search for any fastboot tutorial and drivers)
4. Download file from this thread
-This method is just for Rooting, you won't have TWRP recovery installed.
Tutorial
1.- Connect your phone to your computer in fastboot mode, (Volume up pressed while connecting usb to your computer, until blue light flashes)
2.- Open Fastboot folder, and press shift+Right mouse clic, and select "open command window" (another method if you don't have this option is to press Windows button+R then in the window write cmd and click run it will appear a command window, then go to your fastboot folder and copy the address of your folder, go back to command windows and write cd space your fastboot address and then enter, you will be in fastboot)
3.- Once you are in fastboot write this fastboot devices and it must appear your phone connected.
4.- now write fastboot flash boot magiskxaultran.img if you are on Nougat firmware, and then press enter.
4.1.- now write fastboot flash boot magiskxaultram.img if you are on Marshmallow firmware, and then press enter
5.- disconnect your phone once the process is finished and turn on your phone.
6.- Now the latest thing to do is to Install the latest Magisk manager.apk to your phone.
7.- open magisk manager and you are now rooted.
Any question please feel free to ask :laugh::fingers-crossed:
Nougat
https://mega.nz/#!qQoE3YwB!ru15jSgq2Vin1Qg-sPMMipa7jNG6SHJOT2CEo0b_HKA
Marshmallow
https://mega.nz/#!jRpylAID!3JOQ9If0nHbF6EftRE6HL0hW4mkzIMGZhy_BxRWurxs

Last edited:

jackxperiap

@kiukirimas

thanks for the method bro. Can we root xperia xa ultra without unlocking the bootloader? is it possible? bcoz unlocking the bootloader leads to loose DRM keys, and even if we take TA back up, i feel the image enhancement for image and videos wont work properly. Does any disadvantage of unlocking the bootloader? Heard some camera features wont work????

kiukirimas

May 13, 2012
Everything Will work ok, no such things on the camera, anyway you do lose the image enhancement, but it Will still work on YouTube and Facebook. This method is Just for unlocked bootloader, dont do it on a locked one, or you will be in logo's bootloop

Reactions: jackxperiap
Exactly this is what i want .. jus to use viper4android... :good:

True..well, I could maybe compromise on a bit of bloatware and without root if we can somehow run Viper4android.

But the best would be achieving root so we can do whatever we want. F213 here, carrier-locked, no OTA updates since the phone came out of the box

Reactions: jackxperiap

btb55

Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for this guide, I haven't done it yet but looks straightforward.

What would be the procedure to use this method and also get TWRP installed?

AxiK.

Oct 16, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Anyone notice high battery drain after rooting? I can't determine what causes the battery to drain so fast (app, services, alarms, wakelocks). This won't happen if i'm not rooted via magisk. Any help?

cr71989

Jul 7, 2018
No se puede hacer algo parecido en oreo? No me interesa mucho el twrp..no hay ROM ni nada..no es indispensable

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone, I wanted to share an easiest way to root our Xa Ultra phone.
    Here are te requirements:
    1. Xa ultra latest clean Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware.
    2. Unlocked bootloader (Search the thread for a tutorial)
    3. Fastboot (Search for any fastboot tutorial and drivers)
    4. Download file from this thread
    -This method is just for Rooting, you won't have TWRP recovery installed.
    Tutorial
    1.- Connect your phone to your computer in fastboot mode, (Volume up pressed while connecting usb to your computer, until blue light flashes)
    2.- Open Fastboot folder, and press shift+Right mouse clic, and select "open command window" (another method if you don't have this option is to press Windows button+R then in the window write cmd and click run it will appear a command window, then go to your fastboot folder and copy the address of your folder, go back to command windows and write cd space your fastboot address and then enter, you will be in fastboot)
    3.- Once you are in fastboot write this fastboot devices and it must appear your phone connected.
    4.- now write fastboot flash boot magiskxaultran.img if you are on Nougat firmware, and then press enter.
    4.1.- now write fastboot flash boot magiskxaultram.img if you are on Marshmallow firmware, and then press enter
    5.- disconnect your phone once the process is finished and turn on your phone.
    6.- Now the latest thing to do is to Install the latest Magisk manager.apk to your phone.
    7.- open magisk manager and you are now rooted.
    Any question please feel free to ask :laugh::fingers-crossed:
    Nougat
    https://mega.nz/#!qQoE3YwB!ru15jSgq2Vin1Qg-sPMMipa7jNG6SHJOT2CEo0b_HKA
    Marshmallow
    https://mega.nz/#!jRpylAID!3JOQ9If0nHbF6EftRE6HL0hW4mkzIMGZhy_BxRWurxs
    Everything Will work ok, no such things on the camera, anyway you do lose the image enhancement, but it Will still work on YouTube and Facebook. This method is Just for unlocked bootloader, dont do it on a locked one, or you will be in logo's bootloop
    Well, if only we could root with locked bootloader, kind of like a tethered root so we could remove bloatware and install Viper4Android.
    Well, if only we could root with locked bootloader, kind of like a tethered root so we could remove bloatware and install Viper4Android.

True..well, I could maybe compromise on a bit of bloatware and without root if we can somehow run Viper4android.

But the best would be achieving root so we can do whatever we want. F213 here, carrier-locked, no OTA updates since the phone came out of the box