FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

4,792 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,525

By Turge, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2016, 02:17 AM |#5961  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 13,643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl

got a hold of an old M8 needing an update, what is the safest way to move from 4.4.4 to 6.0 it's locked S-ON

Code:
version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 0.89.20.0321
(bootloader) version-main: 1.55.605.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m8_wlv
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) security: on

If you want to unlock the bootloader you are in luck as I do believe 4.4.4 on VZW M8 is compatible with Sunshine. It is $25, but worth every penny.
Are you looking to do this or no?
To answer your question, however, either way would be to run the RUU.

17th December 2016, 05:51 PM |#5962  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 22

More
So I did a fresh install of the latest ROM (yeah, I know it's old by now) and I have a persistent NFC blinking icon. Anyone know how to make it go away? I know NFC is broken, but that blinking is so distracting. lol.
30th September 2017, 03:22 PM |#5963  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Use when travelling
I have to travel overseas (Britain & Sweden) and would like to use my M8. I am running ViperOne M8 6.1.0, unlocked and rooted. I love the ROM and all of the upgrades. I have looked at Verizon and they say that the phone can be used overseas. I have a couple of questions- If I sign up for a month of the Verizon International plan will it be a problem since I am not a stock Verizon phone? Other options?
30th September 2017, 03:34 PM |#5964  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
A couple years ago I took my unlocked rooted Verizon M8 running the then-current version of this ROM with me on a trip to India.
Instead of spending the huge amount Verizon wanted, I just got a local prepaid SIM card (Airtel) popped it in the phone and was good to go, high speed data and everything.

At the time I also had a Vonage number (free calls to India) so I went on Verizon's site and forwarded my (US) Verizon number to my (US) Vonage number, which is free, then forwarded my Vonage number to my temporary Airtel number in India.
So anyone called my cellphone, they could still get ahold of me... Worked great for calls (though it did result in someone calling at 3AM because they didn't realize I was on the other side of the world)
Only thing that didn't work was txt. But everyone that really needed to txt me could easily get me via whatsapp, hangouts, email, etc... And if I needed to call the US I had the Vonage app to make a VOIP call.
8th March 2018, 02:15 PM |#5965  
Flag Siberia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can anyone provide Kernel.zip for installation?
Thank you!
29th May 2018, 11:00 PM |#5966  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswp

I have to travel overseas (Britain & Sweden) and would like to use my M8. I am running ViperOne M8 6.1.0, unlocked and rooted. I love the ROM and all of the upgrades. I have looked at Verizon and they say that the phone can be used overseas. I have a couple of questions- If I sign up for a month of the Verizon International plan will it be a problem since I am not a stock Verizon phone? Other options?

Your phone should work fine. My wife and I took our identical HTC M8 phones (both rooted, running ViperOneM8 5.0.1) to Mexico and I paid for a month of international service while we were there. Phones worked just fine. Call, text, data... no issues.

Edit: Sorry just realized that was a pretty old post I was responding to.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I have a question that I hope someone can help answer. I'm running an M8 (rooted, S-OFF) running ViperOne 5.0.1 and I want to make sure that my firmware is up-to-date. I have 2 questions:

1) What is the latest firmware designed for my ROM? (Android 6.0)

2) Can I flash the firmware without needing to reinstall / factory reset the ROM?

Thanks!
2nd June 2018, 12:16 AM |#5967  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 23,501

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub55

Your phone should work fine. My wife and I took our identical HTC M8 phones (both rooted, running ViperOneM8 5.0.1) to Mexico and I paid for a month of international service while we were there. Phones worked just fine. Call, text, data... no issues.

Edit: Sorry just realized that was a pretty old post I was responding to.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I have a question that I hope someone can help answer. I'm running an M8 (rooted, S-OFF) running ViperOne 5.0.1 and I want to make sure that my firmware is up-to-date. I have 2 questions:

1) What is the latest firmware designed for my ROM? (Android 6.0)

2) Can I flash the firmware without needing to reinstall / factory reset the ROM?

Thanks!

Final firmware for the Vzw HTC One m8 can be found here in a non-wipe version:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=62734094

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
2nd June 2018, 12:22 AM |#5968  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Final firmware for the Vzw HTC One m8 can be found here in a non-wipe version:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=62734094

Thank you! One last question. My phone has CID 111111. Will that cause me any problems flashing this firmware? (sorry I'm still learning)

Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)