[HOW TO] Flash U1 firmware to U device

Search This thread

adamjeeps

Oct 13, 2011
Sprint S9, factory unlocked before flashing to U1 and trying to flash to Verizon firmware. No matter what I do, it says brand is Sprint and keeps trying to use Sprint network services. All flashes to U1 and U Verizon version appear successful. Any ideas?

When flashing userdata, should I pick the HOME_CSC or USERDATA_VZW?
When flashing CSC, should I pick CSC_OMC or HOME_CSC

jcsww

Sprint S9, factory unlocked before flashing to U1 and trying to flash to Verizon firmware. No matter what I do, it says brand is Sprint and keeps trying to use Sprint network services. All flashes to U1 and U Verizon version appear successful. Any ideas?

When flashing userdata, should I pick the HOME_CSC or USERDATA_VZW?
When flashing CSC, should I pick CSC_OMC or HOME_CSC

Never flash the HOME components when converting.

Reactions: adamjeeps

adamjeeps

Oct 13, 2011
Never flash the HOME components when converting.

Thanks! This worked! Flashed to U1 unlocked. Inserted Verizon sim. Phone went through some updating of sim settings and I could tell the Sprint stuff went away. The screen that showed Sprint as the brand was no longer there in the settings about phone.

Left Verizon sim card in, reenabled developer mode and USB debugging, and flashed Verizon firmware and userdata and have a fully functional Verizon S9 now!

Jay07jay

Jan 26, 2014
Knoxville
Is there a AT&T U1 link. I flashed the U1 on my xfinity S9 plus and my service is AT&T i just want to use wifi calling but dont want to get stuck on bootloader v2. Are there any links or way to get this without getting stuck on BLv2?

ajairola

Jan 1, 2010
Pearland
Is there a AT&T U1 link. I flashed the U1 on my xfinity S9 plus and my service is AT&T i just want to use wifi calling but dont want to get stuck on bootloader v2. Are there any links or way to get this without getting stuck on BLv2?

There is no AT&T U1 firmware as U1 is the model number for the unlocked variant. If you flash this firmware then an older version of the AT&T U firmware you will gain wifi calling without the new bootloader.

Reactions: Jay07jay

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Any word on when the v2 bootloader firmware for the U1 will be out? I have my S9 running on T-Mobile now but want to move it to the unlocked version.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
There is no AT&T U1 firmware as U1 is the model number for the unlocked variant. If you flash this firmware then an older version of the AT&T U firmware you will gain wifi calling without the new bootloader.

I understand the cross flashing process as I've done it, but have a couple questions. In order to get WiFi calling is there a particular version you have to use? I was never able to get WiFi calling to activate when I flashed to AT&T and their phone support basically told me to get f*cked. I allowed my phone to OTA update when it was flashed to AT&T, did I need to not do that? I ended up just going back to the U1 ROM.

ajairola

Jan 1, 2010
Pearland
Your At&t account will need to have Wifi calling activated. Easiest way(if you dont have an at&t branded Lg or Samsung) to activate wifi calling is by going to a store and asking them use one of the demo phone's imei on your account. Also you need to make sure your sim card is wifi calling capable(google AT&T wifi calling sim card). I've used both versions of the AT&T available firmware on both my unlocked S9 and my Xfinity mobile S9 and both have worked with wifi calling.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Your At&t account will need to have Wifi calling activated. Easiest way(if you dont have an at&t branded Lg or Samsung) to activate wifi calling is by going to a store and asking them use one of the demo phone's imei on your account. Also you need to make sure your sim card is wifi calling capable(google AT&T wifi calling sim card). I've used both versions of the AT&T available firmware on both my unlocked S9 and my Xfinity mobile S9 and both have worked with wifi calling.

So I had WiFi calling working on my V30 and was using that SIM when I changed to the unlocked U1 S9. I used it in my S9 prior to loading up the AT&T firmware. Is it possible that they deactivated HD calling (volte) and WiFi calling since my firmware wasn't AT&T? I'm just trying to figure out why it worked for you and not me lol

ajairola

Jan 1, 2010
Pearland
It is possible they shut it off. I've never quite understood their system, when I got my V20 they(customer service) had to set its IMEI in the system(versus it being automatically detected) before my wifi calling could be activated. My other at&t line(with a galaxy s7) didn't need the IMEI set and automatically allowed HD Voice and Wifi Calling to be enabled when the sim was put in it. If you still have your V30 I would put the sim back in it and call At&t and have them set its IMEI in their system(less likely for it to be overwritten).

SEALBoy

Oct 26, 2008
Hey guys is it possible to flash Verizon firmware to a U1 device to get access to all their carrier features (Wifi calling, HD voice, etc)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, thanks to Raymonf (I dont know his XDA Username) for making these Odin files. This new version of modded Odin allows for flashing custom and official tars AND also compressed binaries, which Samsung will be using in all Odin firmwares from Oreo on.

Oh and doing this doesnt wipe data if you do exactly what I wrote below.

1. Download your devices firmware from below
    2. Enable USB debugging by going to settings > about phone > software info > click build number 7 times and enter your password
    3. Open command prompt on your PC and type adb reboot bootloader
    4. Open odin and select the AP, BL, CP, and HOME_CSC file in their corresponding locations
    5. Start it
    6. You are there!

To go back, do the exact same thing with the U firmware files!
    Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1. It will not trip Knox
    2. 2nd post on this thread
    Try it with the other firmwares posted above, No reason it wouldn't work.

After flashing the u1 to my Verizon u

I got what I wanted, wifi calling

Then I used *#2263# but I really don't know how to use that mode so I just clicked enable all LTE

Rebooted and no boot animation from my carrier and visual voicemail also works.

Video calling does not but I think it has something to do with the phone/dialer that these firmware comes with.

Thanks for this everyone!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot, quick question, i have an at&t "U" model, manage to install the U1 software (wanna get rid of all the at&t apps), everything its working just fine, but when an update comes to the U1 model, can i install it the regular way on odin, or do a need to follow this steps again??

here's the link i use from another post to dowload the system a bit faster: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257047 greatings to the author.