FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] An app to fake a call to activate BT in my car (and listen to music)

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By KennyG9, Member on 30th July 2011, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2012, 07:02 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Ok I appreciate the help offered but the suggestions is not suitable for the problem. The problem that we're having is that the car audio headset don't have an option to stream audio from a Bluetooth device, but will allow calls thru Bluetooth.....if I have a connected call from my phone to my car audio headset, only then is when I can stream other audio formats from my phone, but once the call is disconnected, then I went be able to. So once again, are there any apps that can fake a call to initiate the Bluetooth as an incoming call so that I can stream audio from my phone??

I'm just sayin!
6th February 2012, 12:20 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I also have a Jabra headset and can only stream audio when there is a call. It should be working as same. As I said, BTmono can stream all audio on the connected bluetooth device. Have you tried it first?

Sent from my HTC Desire S
6th February 2012, 03:07 PM |#13  
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrad67

I also have a Jabra headset and can only stream audio when there is a call. It should be working as same. As I said, BTmono can stream all audio on the connected bluetooth device. Have you tried it first?

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Yes I did try btmono, but I didn't see anything within the app that would allow to fake a call. Unless i'm overlooking. Maybe you can instruct how?

I'm just sayin!
4th March 2012, 01:45 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[Post found via google]

Sip applications such as sipdroid do change phone state. and SIPDROID is a SOFTWARE-ONLY SOLUTION. we just need a software that would make a dummy call...

I have an app called Call Reminder and when it triggers I know the phone is actually on a call state

I'v personally tried btmono and the other one and both failed for me. [not desire though].
7th March 2012, 01:37 AM |#15  
On my windows Mobile phone for this i use an app that routes all audio output to Bluetooth
So I can hear music on my headset
The app is bt audio

Don't know if there is an equal app for Android

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA
23rd April 2013, 02:48 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
BTMono or Fake call
I've been digging the internet for a similar solution and stumbled upon a few pages.

BTmono or any of the myriad of other applications should work from what i read. It simply routes the music audio stream to headset/headphone audio (the one that's used for a call) which is compatible with a mono-bluetooth headset or in your case the non-A2DP car bluetooth. This is essentially what you suggested, by placing a fake call.

playstore - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bedoig.BTmono

The other more interesting option (i like to avoid having an app if the task can be done simply otherwise) is to call the 2 second pause function from the dialer. There's a thread about this over at this other forum. It describes the 2 second pause as a double star **. However i figured in my Nexus 4 the 2 second pause is simply a comma (,).

forum link - androidforums.com/motorola-droid/16849-audio-other-than-calls-bluetooth-headset.html#post122894

I haven't tried either as I left my mono-bluetooth at work today. Will try both out tomorrow and post my results. Both seem like plausible solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to xstrake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xstrake Ad-Free
5th May 2013, 11:05 PM |#17  
Flag Los Angeles

More
Btmono seems the only one to have worked.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
7th June 2018, 12:59 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Steam music over Bluetooth for phone only setups
I've solved this problem but you need two phones. Connect a phone to Bluetooth in your car, use another phone to call you, answer the call and on the other phone press hold. You can now stream music on any of the apps on the Bluetooth phone until you hang up the call. I found this out when someone left me on hold for a period of time. Using Tidal high fidelity the sound is amazing in my 2006 Range Rover
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)