FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Restoring IMEI with factory reset

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By zedgar, Member on 10th December 2010, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, I am not asking anyone how to change an IMEI.

But 1) will a factory reset restore the original IMEI?

2) does the IMEI really matter if I am able to get phone and data and market working fine (for now)?

I got it screwed up somewhere along the line and not sure where (if at all) my proper backup nv_data.bin file is.

Thanks.

17th December 2010, 12:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
will a factory reset restore the original IMEI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedgar

First off, I am not asking anyone how to change an IMEI.

But 1) will a factory reset restore the original IMEI?

2) does the IMEI really matter if I am able to get phone and data and market working fine (for now)?

I got it screwed up somewhere along the line and not sure where (if at all) my proper backup nv_data.bin file is.

Thanks.

I have the same question, I hope any one who knows this issue can help.
17th December 2010, 10:20 AM |#3  

More
I dont think factory reset will give you your original IMEI. It says on the warning before you factory reset that it doesnt touch anything on the software system.

I messed up my imei while unlocking my phone and I too thought I didnt properly back it up! But I restored it somehow and got my original back.

When it was messed up I could still use the market. I havent been able to 3g/edge/mms on my phone but I think that has something to do with my data plan.

What ive read about an imei is that it just a way your carrier knows what phone you have. And if it gets lost they use your imei to lock your phone .

Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
18th April 2017, 06:36 PM |#4  

More
factory reset doesn't delete IMEI unless the phone is rooted and some IMEI settings had been compromised. you can restore IMEI easily.
IMEI will be at the back of the battery or phone. Root your phone and use mobileuncle app to restore. Google the steps to restore IMEI in mobileuncle app.
7th June 2018, 12:45 PM |#5  

More
Would you at all be willing to set out for me the "uncle's link" and the "Google steps. I'm old, and I wobble around a bit...lol.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Ok, so lol, I rooted my phone...found the app. Can you help out from here? Will the IP change ad well? Oh boy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)