[Daydream][4.0+] Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

Search This thread

JuanJax

Jan 19, 2018
Great Product! Features request and advise to developer

The product is great. However, you can increase you revenue potential from this app if you include a few keywords in your description as well as adding a few more features or enhancement. I purchased this app for my custom 'Digital Photo Frame' and 'smart mirror'. (Add the words in qoute to your app description to draw potential users searching for this to your app description and feature usage. :D

Features to add, or tweak:
*Have the app automatically rotate through the different modules as opposed to selecting them from the Clock screen (Necessary for Smart Mirror); this can be added as a configurable option (rotate vs. toggle buttons on clock screen)

*Add feature to overlay rss feeds, weather info, and calendar events over images being displayed on the slideshow images (nice to have for an enhanced 'Digital Photo Frame' experience!). This should also be added as configurable option as not everyone wants rss, weather, calendar or notification overlayed on images; but allow the user to select what to include on the overlay.

*Pull images from Google Photos albums and other online services as opposed to images only locate on local storage).

F_r_a_n_k

Sep 21, 2015
I just started using this last night. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to update notifications when they come in while the daydream is opened. It only shows the one's it knows about when launched. Is it just me? If not, is there any way to change this?

I noticed the exact same behavior that started a few months ago... can't remember exactly when, maybe when I moved from Android 7 to 8 ?... or 8 to 8.1 ? But when I receive a notification (little envelop from Gmail for exemple), it doesn't appear on Lucid Daydream if it's currently running. However, if I wake the phone and wait for Lucid to start by itself again, the notification is there. For an unknown reason, the app doesn't seem to react to new notifications but can show the notifications that were already there when it started.

YogaBowers

Jun 10, 2018
Screenshot "." after date?

Why is there a Full Stop "." included after the Date Number? How do I remove it?
Warmest wishes.

As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
  • battery level
  • weather
  • unread GMails
  • missed calls
  • new SMS texts
  • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
  • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
  • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
  • start Slideshow view
  • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

kubarom

Mar 9, 2018
Hi,
Love the app and thank you for all the effort of doing it. I'm using it on tablet permanently attached on wall Tablet is always on , hooked to power supply and looks fabulous :) (picture of old tablet below - just blurred personal events) .
I recently switched my old wall-tablet to a cheaper one (for like 50€) with Anfroid 7
My question is : is it possible to increase brightness of screen saver? Whenever daydream is launched screen is dimmed (I know - LCD protection ) . On new tablet dim is a bit too much , and compared to old tablet is not that much readable as I would love to :/
I know there is night mode module, but it of course dims screen even more.
Tablet settings brightness is set to maximum, hence my question is , is there some other third app/setting I can do to stop Lucid Daydream Screensaver dimming ? I'm not concerned about screen burn due to reason above :)

D7vXBYc.png

Last edited:

matkinson

Sep 6, 2005
Abingdon
Great app! I have been using it for some years as my night clock - with a very dim screen. But I can no longer kill the screen saver on undocking / removing power. I've tried every combination of the relevant options in the settings. The screen saver continues after disconnecting. I have to use my back button to exist (and optionally kill the app from my running apps screen).
This used to work - perhaps in an earlier Android version? I'm on a OnePlus 3 running stock Oreo. I can't even kill the app from Tasker after detecting no longer powered.
How do I get the screen saver to stop when not powered?

Ceekay2

May 17, 2019
After trying around the options, now, the clock etc. is not anymore centered, but in the top left. Portrait and landscape mode the same. There is no option to make it centered. I also deleted app data - it didn't help. Can I send a screenshot?

Reactions: igor.tr

nirmalts

Feb 12, 2008
Lucid Daydream while on battery

Is it possible to provide an option such that Lucid Daydream kicks in also when on battery? I know this would be a battery killer, but this would be helpful for usecases, for example, like me where I use it on a tab mounted on the wall and it is charged at regular intervals.

Last edited:

lukval

Sep 29, 2015
Sony Xperia M
Honor 9
Hi,
I have an Huawei Mate 8 (6.0 marshmallow), im trying to get into the app settings but EMUI 4.0 or 5.0 does not have support for any third party daydreams in the Android settings, Im able to launch the app throug an activities shortcut, but it just displays the hour and date, I want to get access to the settings menu so I can enable notifications, backgrounds, and buy the app. Is it there any workaround to open the menu without the Android settings?

Hi, did you found a solution for EMUI system?

Sent from my STF-L09 using XDA Labs

dbarshain

Jul 20, 2020
Weather not working

I have used Lucid Daydream for many years every evening starting in 2013. About six months ago it stopped displaying weather (neither source displays at all, ever) and I've no RSS feed icon, it never showed at all. How can I restore the two functions? I'm using it on a Moto z4 running Android 10.

Weather isn't working with either choice of feeds.
That's the main reason that I downloaded.
Any chance you can fix it?
I'd gladly pay for the premium version if it worked!
PS I have a Google Pixel 3 and I'm running Android beta 2 and the beta version of your app.

Reactions: Mooncastyre

LlF

Sep 9, 2012
the weather stops working, is it because of the 30 minutes limit without in-app purchase?

petevickerstaff

Jan 12, 2016
display not rotating

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. I've noticed that in the preview the time rotates as you rotate the phone, but when the app activates the time ignores phone rotation. Auto-rotate screen is turned on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooncastyre

eepmatt

Feb 25, 2011
Is it possible to set the app up so that when its playing a slideshow screensaver, and I simply tap on the screen, it "wakes" the tablet from the daydream and goes back to whatever app was visible before the screensaver kicked in?

Right now, when I tap the screensaver screen, it pops up options for slide length. To get out of the screensaver, I have to click the little home button on the bottom of the screen. This is running on a Fire HD 10 tablet.

Thanks!

Mooncastyre

Mar 26, 2022
I found this app after Google kicked Clock Plus out of the Play Store for privacy issues. It has a lot of great features while still keeping things simple. I was glad to pay the small .99 fee for the full version.

However, I'm experiencing a couple issues:
  • Weather isn't working, even after putting in an API key. I double checked to make sure the app has location permissions.
  • Landscape orientation isn't always displaying correctly. It works every time when previewing from the settings screen, but runs in portrait half the time when my phone is charging in landscape.
Also, small suggestion - I'd love to see more dimming options, like more percentages to choose from or even a slider. That would be awesome!

Last edited:

nathanotis

Mar 30, 2008
Colorado Springs
I'm glad I found this app. It adds a sorely lacking basic function (in my opinion) to my Galaxy Fold 4.

I haven't read this entire thread but I mean to. Today I dropped my phone on the wireless charger and the screen went dim (according to the settings I chose), and I found myself wishing there was a way the screen wouldn't go dark during certain hours of the day ie: dim between the hours of 2200 - 0700, don't dim the rest of the time.

I would gladly pay for that additional functionality.

Mlip

Sep 9, 2022
I have a google pixel 5a running Android 13. Lucid daydream does not operate when I place my phone in the dock to charge. any idea why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
    Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
    • battery level
    • weather
    • unread GMails
    • missed calls
    • new SMS texts
    • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
    • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
    • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
    • start Slideshow view
    • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    I have used Lucid Daydream for many years every evening starting in 2013. About six months ago it stopped displaying weather (neither source displays at all, ever) and I've no RSS feed icon, it never showed at all. How can I restore the two functions? I'm using it on a Moto z4 running Android 10.
    When i purchase, the only thing that changed is "Purchase App" disappeared.
    Is this correct / ok ?
    it also removed the 30 min limit on the daydream, but that's currently all. and i'll maybe implement some premium-only features in the future

Secondly, if i want to change date format, can i make it into
    dd.MMM, YYYY or something like that ?
    yes, but use small "y" for the year. you can find all available identifiers here: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
    It has started to freeze!
    display not rotating

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. I've noticed that in the preview the time rotates as you rotate the phone, but when the app activates the time ignores phone rotation. Auto-rotate screen is turned on.