Here's how I ROOTED Nougat on my S7 Edge G935T

Search This thread

m4xhp0w3r

May 24, 2018
Portland, OR
Buying and using Package Disabler Pro is completely useless, when I have already posted a completely free and much better security disabler / un-branding solution. Seem like people don't search and read anymore... oh well... :D

I read that the security script looked for the chameleon file. But it didn't find it. There were a bunch of entries in the security script that didn't find their target.

After going through the new firmware to debloat, it looked like they had removed a bunch of stuff from the non-carrier ROM. I only froze maybe a dozen entries and half of them were Facebook.

But yeah. The app seemed silly the next day. It was almost 2am when I bought it. And I work a 9-5 job. I was at that tired point when convenience outweighs all logic hah. I believe I would have bought a bridge at the time if it got me closer to sleeping. Definitely a bunch of silly paid apps. I almost bought a keyboard app too, but something distracted me and I forgot to hit the confirm button lol.

One thing for sure is, your work was most of what got me through the process. So thank you again.

Reactions: billa

austinu90

Aug 23, 2017
rooted att s7 w/ xposed installed but no bluetooth?

So i was able to do everything in the list except; find the settings.db and figure out the vo/lte fix, and bluetooth isn't working at all. Any one have any ideas how to help a scrub like me:silly::confused:

m4xhp0w3r

May 24, 2018
Portland, OR
So i was able to do everything in the list except; find the settings.db and figure out the vo/lte fix, and bluetooth isn't working at all. Any one have any ideas how to help a scrub like me:silly::confused:

Bluetooth is working for me and lte still works. I think it's just the icon that's different. I didn't bother with that fix.

I'd just give it another go. Make sure you're wiping data/cache/dalvik before and letting the phone sit an hour after flashing the oem and engineering kernel. Maybe try freezing the security/Knox and chameleon before the engineering kernel flash (and making sure it's still frozen before root). I did it after. I'm not sure it matters, but it's something to try. Maybe try the oem t-mobile cp file instead of the one in the no carrier oem zip if you haven't.

It's really a multi hour process and it might take a few tries to get it where you want it. I haven't found anything on my phone that isn't working. The phone is very stable. It hasn't randomly rebooted once. I haven't had to restart the phone since the day I rooted. Battery life is good. It's really a great setup once it gets flashed and rooted to the intended state.

If you're worried about bricking, I wouldn't. There's "always the chance" I suppose. I don't know how from this process tho. The one benefit of having a locked bootloader is you'll always be able to boot into download mode and flash the oem rom to recover. So don't be afraid to try it again. And again if you need to. I had to do the process several times before I got it where I wanted it.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
I read that the security script looked for the chameleon file. But it didn't find it. There were a bunch of entries in the security script that didn't find their target.
One thing for sure is, your work was most of what got me through the process. So thank you again.

As it was described originally, it's a generic script to cover multiple makes and models, therefore it's perfectly normal for some commands to fail, yet it works just fine. ;)

Step 3 in the original post:
Next, in order to avoid the annoying boot-loop issue, run this script before flashing the eng-boot to disable Samsung's Security+OTA.
Some commands may show an error, which is fine since this is a generic script for many different models.
Turn on ADB-Debug and OEM-Unlock in the Developer Options menu in order to avoid being locked out later on (search for it if you need help).
Unzip it and run the _Samsung_Security+OTA_Disabler_(BillA_v2018-01-01).BAT file which should be at top of the folder.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850489746

Last edited:

GhostVanguard

Jun 6, 2018
Has anyone tried to root April 1, 2018 security patch?

I just used this method to root my brother's s7 edge from att. He had to get a refurb cause he broke his screen and it was an up to date s7 edge with 7.0

I do have a question: How does one turn on that delicious att hotspot with the unlimited data now that he has super user status?

PS) Root exists according to phone INFO app and knox is still 0x0. Thanks guys for the thread and everyone who made these programs.

Reactions: Craz Basics

slimcyril

Feb 7, 2015
I just used this method to root my brother's s7 edge from att. He had to get a refurb cause he broke his screen and it was an up to date s7 edge with 7.0

I do have a question: How does one turn on that delicious att hotspot with the unlimited data now that he has super user status?

PS) Root exists according to phone INFO app and knox is still 0x0. Thanks guys for the thread and everyone who made these programs.

Please could you double check brothers phone to confirmed if it's April patch when rooted his phone?

Reactions: Craz Basics

slimcyril

Feb 7, 2015
Oreo is here, will same root method work on it?

Attachments

• 20180612_152514.jpg
    20180612_152514.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180612_152511.jpg
    20180612_152511.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180612_152508.jpg
    20180612_152508.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 82

zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx

Apr 8, 2012
No... I m a big time Verizon user....

Same. I was going to get a G930V. I am still unclear if I can have root. I canceled the order. I will wait to hear if I can root it or not. Otherwise I will just keep my S5.

---------- Post added 13th June 2018 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 12th June 2018 at 11:36 PM ----------

I decided since it is too much work I will be keeping my S5 for now. It is so much hassle to try to root and concerned about locked bootloaders and unsure what's going on - I spent a whole day wasted today just learning, then purchased but then canceled and refunded after I read another thread implying it is difficult or maybe impossible.

The benefits of a slightly faster phone with a little more RAM and a little better camera which I rarely use, is not worth the excessive hassle and week lost in researching ways to get stuff to work all because ****ing verzon decided to lock their bootloader. So I will be keeping my old S5 and by the way disabled everything for verizon trying to update, so they simply lost my business by me not buying a new phone (The one I canceled I actually bought from Verizon but then canceled it. Not the first time I canceled a purchase after realizing locked bootloader). Maybe in 1 to 2 years it will be an easy root or they unlocked the bootlolader, then I will buy an S7. Plus, then price will be lower.

Samsung lost millions of dollars with people who refuse to shell out hundreds of dollars for a device that isn't *really* theirs since it is in the control of whoever locked the bootloader.

How many more years will they be so stupid to continue losing money by locking bootloaders. In fact, I am considering leaving Verizon just to get root on a newer device more easily. **** Verizon.

I never want to update maybe I will keep my S5 for 5 or 10 more years all because I don't want to lose root functionality or waste my time trying to bypass locked bootloaders.

Last edited:

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
Same. I was going to get a G930V. I am still unclear if I can have root. I canceled the order. I will wait to hear if I can root it or not. Otherwise I will just keep my S5.

---------- Post added 13th June 2018 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 12th June 2018 at 11:36 PM ----------

I decided since it is too much work I will be keeping my S5 for now. It is so much hassle to try to root and concerned about locked bootloaders and unsure what's going on - I spent a whole day wasted today just learning, then purchased but then canceled and refunded after I read another thread implying it is difficult or maybe impossible.

The benefits of a slightly faster phone with a little more RAM and a little better camera which I rarely use, is not worth the excessive hassle and week lost in researching ways to get stuff to work all because ****ing verzon decided to lock their bootloader. So I will be keeping my old S5 and by the way disabled everything for verizon trying to update, so they simply lost my business by me not buying a new phone (The one I canceled I actually bought from Verizon but then canceled it. Not the first time I canceled a purchase after realizing locked bootloader). Maybe in 1 to 2 years it will be an easy root or they unlocked the bootlolader, then I will buy an S7. Plus, then price will be lower.

Samsung lost millions of dollars with people who refuse to shell out hundreds of dollars for a device that isn't *really* theirs since it is in the control of whoever locked the bootloader.

How many more years will they be so stupid to continue losing money by locking bootloaders. In fact, I am considering leaving Verizon just to get root on a newer device more easily. **** Verizon.

I never want to update maybe I will keep my S5 for 5 or 10 more years all because I don't want to lose root functionality or waste my time trying to bypass locked bootloaders.

I hate to break it to you, but in the US locked bootloaders are now the standard, and have been for years. About the only phones left that can be trivially unlocked are the Pixels, and you can't buy them at carrier stores (funny that...) If you are that hard core about unlocking the bootloader, your best bet is to import a phone from overseas, but that will necessarily mean you will have to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile. Even if you could get a CDMA capable device, Verizon and Sprint won't bless the ESN.

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
Rooting failed

Yo, I have the SM-G935U. When I finally root it, the phone restarts every 1 minute or so for ever, then I have to flash a stock firmware onto the phone as it won't stop restarting. It starts to get really hot. On the back of the phone it says SM-G935T however on the phone it says SM-G935U. I'm not sure if that would make a difference. But I'm really confused. What do I do?

Thank You--Akira.

Craz Basics

Jul 2, 2015
Yo, I have the SM-G935U. When I finally root it, the phone restarts every 1 minute or so for ever, then I have to flash a stock firmware onto the phone as it won't stop restarting. It starts to get really hot. On the back of the phone it says SM-G935T however on the phone it says SM-G935U. I'm not sure if that would make a difference. But I'm really confused. What do I do?

Thank You--Akira.
Try another root.bat. Maybe the one you're using isn't removing Knox, which would cause constant reboots.

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
Oh okay. I've tried so many ones. But I'm just scared that I'll screw up my phone. Just to confirm, root does work on the SM-G935U right? Could you point me in the right direction please. I really want to root this phone but its giving me a headache. Thanks.

Craz Basics

Jul 2, 2015
Oh okay. I've tried so many ones. But I'm just scared that I'll screw up my phone. Just to confirm, root does work on the SM-G935U right? Could you point me in the right direction please. I really want to root this phone but its giving me a headache. Thanks.
Pretty sure this one is what you want: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bygh6W_e2Fo5M185ZENkSUl3Zmc/view?usp=drivesdk

And yes, it works on all U.S. varients. And just a heads up, this whole device is a headache haha. But if you're patient you can make it a pretty dope rooted phone.

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
Oh okay thanks mate. I've rooted my s4 and put a custom Rom pretty easily so I'm not completely clueless haha. Could you tell me each individual file I need for this to work. As I think I'll flash to many or the incorrect files. If you can, that would be great . This is hurting my brain haha. All I wanted to do was root it and recover some files lol. If I manage to root my phone, I'll get back to you asap. As soon as you send me the required files. I'll start the procedure. Thanks--Akira

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge devices. YES! Supports all USA Qualcomm variants. T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon and *Sprint (*Note: Some people have reported problems with the Sprint device after root, while others have had success. As always, read the thread for detail and use at your own risk)
    ** THIS IS NOT FOR THE EXYNOS VERSION OF THE S7! **

A few answers to common questions:
    YES - this breaks Samsung Pay and probably Android Pay (you will NOT be able to use Samsung Pay after root)
    YES - this process is reversible by several methods, one of which would be simply doing a factory reset and re-flashing the complete Nougat Android 7.0 Firmware files in Odin, More details on this below.
    NO - this process does NOT trip the KNOX counter
    NO - there is no TWRP or custom recovery for this method of rooting
    NO - there is no XPOSED framwork for Android 7.0 currently (as of today's date)
    YES - There is a Android 7.0 custom rom! Thanks to @jrkruse https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edge/development/rom-t3572739

Many thanks to the people who released the files! I am only posting the file's in a single easy to find post along with my experience and instructions which may or may not work for you! these instructions may or may not be right. these instruction may or may not be missing crucial steps. USE AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK! No one is responsible if you damage your device. CERTAINLY NOT ME!

PLEASE GIVE THANKS WHERE ITS DESERVED! Thank you :good:

MANY THANKS TO
    @
    JUSMEJOSE https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1113488
    @
    princecomsy https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=5028474
    @jrkruse https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1949695
    @jrkruse for his awesome job for making a custom flashable Android 7.0 Nougat ROM https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edge/development/rom-t3572739
    @Chainfire for creating SuperSU and other great android utilities.
    I'm sure there are many others, but I don't know who all created what, so I'm only listing those who I know - if I messed this up, I'm sorry in advance.

ENG (AP) files for S7 and S7E (from this post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71271898&postcount=28 )
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141717
    (This is the ENGINEER boot kernel boot.tar file you'll be flashing in the special modified Odin software from your PC)

*edit: newer method available!*
    SuperSU 2.79 root.bat file (from this post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71281527&postcount=50 )
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634750763
    (This is the command prompt script you'll execute from a CMD prompt from a windows PC that installs the needed files for root access like SuperSU)

**EDIT: @jrkruse on 5/29/17 has created a new ROOT.BAT including SuperSU v2.82, it has been outlined in this post #480 of his custom rom thread. As always, please take a moment to hit the thanks button! Without the work of these amazing dev's we would NOT have root PERIOD! It is free for you, and mean's a lot to everyone involved in bringing these releases to you the public!!!

Here is latest root zip with SuperSU 2.82 (5/29/2017)
    Nougat_S7_Root_2_82_All_Carriers_V1.zip

jrkruse said:
    This root method will reset your fingerprints and lockscreen security it will also fix fingerprint issue this should help with issues of not recognizing your fingerprint after you root. I had to modify the latest SuperSu to get root to stick on SuperSU 2.82.
    Here is a what I did:
    The new supolicy from 2.82 Version was causing root not to stick. So I used the supolicy from 2.81 Version. I modded the SuperSu.apk to ingnore the supolicy not being 2.82 Version So you wont get asked to update the SuperSU binaries.
    The SU binary is updated to 2.82 and all other files.
    If you delete SuperSU apk dont reinstall it from playstore use the one in Above zip

**Alternative** Many thanks to active contributor of this thread @Quickvic30 for the info in post #688
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71700562&postcount=688
    Who offer's another root.bat alternative which gave him better performance. Please check out that post for the file, and click the thanks button.
    PLEASE REMEMBER: Results for rooting vary on each and every device. Lag, Performance, Heat - These things vary from device to device. YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY!
    ** You will use either the originally posted SuperSU 2.79 root.bat, or the ALTERNATE version posted by Quickvic30 - DO NOT USE BOTH - CHOOSE ONE METHOD OR THE OTHER ** OR TRY EACH INDIVIDUALLY AND SEE WHICH GIVES YOU ACCEPTABLE RESULTS **

VoLTE VMM - IMservice hurricane icon fix thanks to jrkruse post #453
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767144116
    jrkruse said:
    Sorry about all the VOLTE Icon problems
    If your having FC issues your going to have to copy the original imsservice folder with imsservice.apk and oat folder to system/priv-app before you can flash this fix

This new zip should fix fc problems as no apk is replaced no more just the icons are replaced inside the apk

Volte Icon Fix Is now one zip for all S7 Variants. No more flashing wrong zip and getting FC. The zip only replaces Icons in imsservice apk. This zip will work on odex or deodex roms
    S7_VOLTE_ICON_FIX_ALL_VARIANTS.zip

YOU MUST MOUNT SYSTEM IN FLASHFIRE WHEN FLASHING!!!

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION from Post #413: Thanks to @sabresfan post #413

You will need to download and use only the PrinceComsy modified Odin which I got from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591023225177749

Kernel Adiutor can be downloaded from Play Store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grarak.kerneladiutor

Original stock firmware files can be found on these sites or searching XDA
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    http://updato.com/
    ** Edit: More information about returning to STOCK below on this first post **

**EDIT: Samsung USB driver's direct from Samsung web site http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...G_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.45.00.exe

I'm not sure if you need the ADB files installed system wide or not? But you can also download and install the 15 minute ADB drivers. (use google or search XDA)

AGAIN: I did this to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on T-mobile G935T RUNNING ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT I believe this will work with other USA released carrier variants using Qualcomm chipset (T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint)... BUT YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT - OBVIOUSLY. (Baseband Version: G935TUVU4BQB1 in the case of a G935T S7 Edge) :fingers-crossed:
    This process did NOT cause any data or application loss for me. I did this procedure from an OTA upgrade to N from MM.

Obviously, Download all needed files in advance and unzip accordingly.
    Put your phone in download mode (Volume Down, Home and Power) then click home again to continue to download mode
    Launch the modified ODIN on your PC
    Unzip ENG BOOT file and get the boot.tar for your device (in my case it was the S7edge_qualcomm.tar was the file I needed for the S7 Edge) DO NOT UNZIP THE TAR FILE.
    Put that .tar file in AP section of ODIN
    Connect your phone, you should see a lighted COM port selected in ODIN meaning your good to go.
    CLICK START in Odin. You Phone will flash the file quickly and restart.
    Let it boot up fully and wait until you can unlock the phone (go to desktop of the phone)
    Now open a CMD prompt on the computer and navigate to where you downloaded and unzipped the SuperSU 2.79 earlier
    in the CMD prompt type root.bat this will push the required files to the phone and it will be rooted when its completed.
    After a few minutes your phone will restart, and you will have SuperSU and root access on Android 7.0 Nougat.

This is how I rooted my SM-G935T Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 7.0 Nougat. Yes this is a bootloader locked T-mobile branded device.

Please feel free to add or correct anything here in the posts below!

EDIT: You'll want to install Kernel Auditor from the Play store, grant it supersu permission, and set both cpu govenors to ONDEMAND and set apply on boot. (core 1&2 default to performance and core 3&4 default to interactive - set both to ondemand and apply on boot)
    EDIT2: You may want to experiment with the CPU governors in Kernel Adiutor (that's actually the correct spelling according to the author). It's been suggested CONSERVATIVE will give you better battery life than ONDEMAND. So you'll want to try the available options and see which results in acceptable balance of performance and battery life for you.

GOOD LUCK! AND THANK YOU!
    I HOPE THIS HELPS PEOPLE GET ROOT ON THEIR USA QUALCOMM DEVICES
    PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT THIS INFORMATION TO YOU.

Returning to STOCK Android 7.0 Nougat

You will need to have Odin installed (same modified Odin linked above should work fine)
    You can download stock Android 7.0 Nougat firmware from
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    http://updato.com/

For the T-mobile S7 Edge G935T ONLY
    File: SM-G935T_G935TUVU4BQB1.zip
    Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QvmNs9dpD-LTdwQUgzejk5ZGM/view
    From thread (thanks to it's OP): https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/odin-stock-nougat-firmware-s7-edge-t3558242

Thanks to @Krog18 for linking to Verizon firmware files in post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71383942&postcount=359
    G930V QA2 Stock fw: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862709174
    G935V QA2 Stock fw: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634752305

Thanks to @Quickvic30 for linking to the AT&T firmware files in post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71601821&postcount=608
    G935A QA6 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120713605

When you extract the .zip file for your device, you have 2 options for the CSC section. One file will erase all existing data and apps, reverting your phone to a like new state. The other will preserve your currently installed apps and data.

CSC_TMB_G935TTMB4BQB1_CL10376601_QB12449118_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar USING THIS FILE WILL ERASE ALL EXISTING DATA ON THE DEVICE
    HOME_CSC_TMB_G935TTMB4BQB1_CL10376601_QB12449118_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar USING THIS FILE WILL PRESERVE (*NOT ERASE) ANY EXISTING DATA FROM THE DEVICE

Obviously you can only choose 1 of the CSC files. Using the HOME_CSC keeps your existing data, and the other CSC formats your phone.

Thanks to @billa (https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=293193) for taking taking the time to put these tips together for everyone.
    Slightly edited by me ;)
    billa said:
    Note (and suggestions)
    ----
    Before and after rooting wipe the cache.
    For tweak settings to stick, must reboot multiple times.

Security Updates OFF
    --------------------
    Settings > Lock Screen > Security > Other Security > Security Policy Updates > OFF and Wi-Fi only

Disable (things to disable after root - Use Titanium Backup or Package Disabler Pro for Samsung, both available from the Play Store - Worth the price to buy!)
    -------
    Samsung DM Phone Interface
    Samsung DM Service
    SecurityLogAgent
    com.sec.android.soagent
    com.wssyncmldm
    tethering.automation
    tethering.provisions

After Eng-Boot (root is complete)
    --------------
    Install Kernel Auditor, and set both CPU govenors to "OnDemand" and set apply on boot.
    Set cores 1&2/3&4 to "OnDemand" and apply on boot.
    EDIT: Experiment with governor settings until a balance of power and performance is reached. Kernel Adiutor is available from the Play Store

Performance tweaks
    ------------------
    GovTuner - set to interactive and performance
    Kernel Auditor
    Kernel Toolkit
    LSpeeds
    SSD Boost

SHealth fix
    -----------
    Set ro.config.tima to 0 in build.prop

WiFi passwords fix
    ------------------
    Set ro.securestorage.support to false in build.prop

VOLTE/RCS icons OFF
    -------------------
    Copy the imsservice.apk from the root zip to
    /system/priv-app/imsservice/
    and set permissions to -rw-r--r--

Data toggle
    -----------
    Use SQLite editor and add MobileData to a string in settings.db

Busybox fix
    -----------
    Install busybox to /system/xbin instead of /su/xbin

Sprint LTE fix
    --------------
    In Build.Prop change the following:
    ro.cdma.default_numeric=310000 to 310120
    ro.cdma.default_alpha=Chameleon to Sprint
    ro.build.characteristics=Chameleon to Sprint

OR

Go into settings
    Click Connections
    Click Wi-Fi Calling
    Click Cellular Network Preferred
    Go back two times and click on Mobile networks
    Select Network mode and select 3G/2G (auto connect)
    Restart your phone and call 611 just to make sure the call goes through
    Hangup and go back to Network mode and switch back to LTE mode

As always THANKS to all the users who continue to contribute to this thread, and to all the people involved in bringing you this information so you can ROOT your Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 7.0 Nougat!

I will continue to update this first page with relevant links, details and information in an attempt to keep the information easier to find for everyone.

Take a moment to press the THANKS button!
    So I've been running awesome here and I need you guys to try this root.bat file for me. This is the one I use and I DONT use any kernel editor apps or make any adjustments what so ever.

Do NOT have any kernel editors or Lspeed installed when installing this please. Make sure you have the eng kernel installed. On your PC just unzip the file and double click the root.bat file to install.

After phone reboots instantly power off phone and reboot to recovery and wipe cache partition then reboot.

After power up let phone sit for 5-10 mins DON'T TOUCH IT, I KNOW ITS HARD BUT JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

Reboot one last time

Once it boots up open to home screen and just let it settle for a minute. DO NOT go into super su app, just leave it be!!! Open a app you know needs root permission and make sure the root prompt pops up. Let me know how the phone runs.

Thanks
    Sorry about all the VOLTE Icon problems
    If your having FC issues your going to have to copy the original imsservice folder with imsservice.apk and oat folder to system/priv-app before you can flash this fix

This new zip should fix fc problems as no apk is replaced no more just the icons are replaced inside the apk

Volte Icon Fix Is now one zip for all S7 Variants. No more flashing wrong zip and getting FC. The zip only replaces Icons in imsservice apk. This zip will work on odex or deodex roms
    S7_VOLTE_ICON_FIX_ALL_VARIANTS.zip

YOU MUST MOUNT SYSTEM IN FLASHFIRE WHEN FLASHING!!!
    I have a fix for the fingerprint scanner not working. Download the attached zip and replace the respective libs in /system and reboot. Make sure permissions are -rw-r-r-- (644)
    I guess I never really thought about that or looked into it but seems feasible. The eng.img does have some numbers for the description but not really like our firmware and BL identification sequence. I bet nougat for the regular S7 edge would flash on that active, you would be minus the active key. But it is kinda risky business if your only on BL 2.

I'm pretty sure the original poster of the eng.img has the eng.img for the active, he said he has all the firmware for them anyways. Maybe try PMing him about it.

Sent from my SM-G935T Running R.A.W root.bat! Buttery smooth, fast, no heat issues and great battery life!!!

Wonder why it wasn't posted, when post for other devices. Besides I pm who I thought was original poster, but haven't heard anything as of yet. Been 24 hours so far. He might be busy.

The engineering kernels and files are not meant to be released to the public, certain people have access to them for testing, coding, repair, etc... read between the lines. That's one of the reasons rooting using this method has such varied success... there is no 1 "cure-all" solution. Those files aren't really meant to be run for the life of the device by "users" on a daily driver phone. The files that are getting released, are more a less being leaked... not "released". So while "I agree" I hope they do surface sooner rather than later, I completely understand his/their hesitation in releasing them... Just read thru this thread.... some people have had great success, others have had complete failure... Most people don't even want to read thru the OP for details, let alone the thread to gather information.... they just post a question that's been answered before - sometimes right above their post. :( or people complain the instructions aren't labelled clearly enough, or links to files aren't easy to find, or using this method cause batteries and screens to burn out... One poster even said his rooted phone worked fine in the house with the AC but failed miserably outside in 80f heat... :crying:

We all try to assist, we all try to help, we all try to contribute.... but at the end of the day - each user HAS TO PUT IN SOME EFFORT. And everybody HAS to realize, rooting (by any method imho) is always done at the users own risk. There is no guarantee given or implied. Results are obviously going to vary - and for guys who don't understand what they're doing - the results are ALWAYS going to be questionable. ** I AM NOT COMPLAINING ON ANYONE ** I'm just saying having root on this device period has been a stroke of luck with a touch of genuine genius thrown in for good measure (NOT BY ME - BY THE GUYS DOING THE HEAVY LIFTING - THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE)

I truly hope everyone is able to obtain an acceptable level of performance and usability while gaining root access. That's the goal for everyone in this thread.