By HairyRobot, Senior Member on 18th March 2013, 01:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2018, 03:20 PM |#301  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Release v6.6.0
v6.6.0
* Fixed data backup failure due to incorrect path for apps installed on external storage
Thanks to @daniel_m for reporting and testing.
* Updated FAQ
* md5: 15b932fa6fdf805ac476a22a3948dca9

Download from Play Store
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HairyRobot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HairyRobot Ad-Free

24th June 2018, 04:07 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyRobot

v6.6.0
* Fixed data backup failure due to incorrect path for apps installed on external storage
Thanks to @daniel_m for reporting and testing.
* Updated FAQ
* md5: 15b932fa6fdf805ac476a22a3948dca9

Download from Play Store

Sorry, but it had the opposite effect on my two Fairphone 2 with FP Open OS: version 6.5.1 worked perfectly and version 6.6.0 data backup fails always at around 25% of the task, never at the same spot, so it seems random. All my apps are installed in the internal memory. I downgraded to version 6.5.1 and it works perfectly again.
25th June 2018, 12:36 PM |#303  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks a lot for this!
25th June 2018, 12:49 PM |#304  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palbuq

Sorry, but it had the opposite effect on my two Fairphone 2 with FP Open OS: version 6.5.1 worked perfectly and version 6.6.0 data backup fails always at around 25% of the task, never at the same spot, so it seems random. All my apps are installed in the internal memory. I downgraded to version 6.5.1 and it works perfectly again.

Please email me the debug.txt, the file is generated after a data backup/restore, the file is located in
<path_to_SD>/Android/data/com.aw.AppWererabbit/cache/log/<date>/debug.txt
Thanks.
25th June 2018, 06:00 PM |#305  

More
I tried to reproduce the error after a downgrade and a reupgrade and the error seems to be gone. I'll let you know if it happens again.
25th June 2018, 10:05 PM |#306  

More
Quote:

Please email me the debug.txt, the file is generated after a data backup/restore, the file is located in
<path_to_SD>/Android/data/com.aw.AppWererabbit/cache/log/<date>/debug.txt
Thanks.

Just had the same interrupted data backup error again with my second phone, app version 6.6.0. And found the origin of the problem: the error happens when the list of apps to be backed up isn't consistent with installed apps. The error is fixed by running a "reload" task: data backup will then proceed to the end without a glitch. For some reason app version 6.5.1 isn't affected by inconsistent app lists, while version 6.6.0 is. In the Debug.txt file the error appears as a mention about a missing directory.
26th June 2018, 12:40 PM |#307  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palbuq

Just had the same interrupted data backup error again with my second phone, app version 6.6.0. And found the origin of the problem: the error happens when the list of apps to be backed up isn't consistent with installed apps. The error is fixed by running a "reload" task: data backup will then proceed to the end without a glitch. For some reason app version 6.5.1 isn't affected by inconsistent app lists, while version 6.6.0 is. In the Debug.txt file the error appears as a mention about a missing directory.

Without looking at the debug.txt, I have no comment.
Thanks
26th June 2018, 01:44 PM |#308  

More
Quote:

Without looking at the debug.txt, I have no comment.
Thanks

Sending you a copy now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)