[DISCONTINUED] SoLdieR9312s *CTA2* ROM 26.1 [P] & *ETF5* MOD ZIP 6.0 [Q] | AROMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Right... Instead of mocking I would appreciate if someone answered. As someone who never followed the Samsung third party development community before, how am I supposed to know? Is this just a debloat rom based on the original?
And yes it is. Currently no custom S9 roms in development other than AOSP based.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: ma_t14

Lobo13

Hi, I flashed rom 3.11, no reboot and flashed firmware zip BRE5, but after reboot I still see firmware BRE3. You could see on attached screenshot. Is it right or what can I do?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180620-202924_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180620-202924_Settings.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Hi, I flashed rom 3.11, no reboot and flashed firmware zip BRE5, but after reboot I still see firmware BRE3. You could see on attached screenshot. Is it right or what can I do?

Thanks

Samsung releases different firmwares for BL and Modem since some time now. They do not keep all same versions anymore.
You're fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobo13

exocetdj

Right... Instead of mocking I would appreciate if someone answered. As someone who never followed the Samsung third party development community before, how am I supposed to know? Is this just a debloat rom based on the original?

Sorry dude, this in itself is a perfectly good post but then i saw your original question,

If i think that was odd then you best do some first post reading lol and about roms in general

I post some seriously dumb **** but that was odd lol

Its a custom rom based on sammy firmware mate, not a stock android rom:good: btw post thanked as my jaw really did hit the floor

---------- Post added 21st June 2018 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th June 2018 at 11:55 PM ----------

@soldier9312

Still having aroma issues, cuts to black screen after going through splash screen selection on all three flashing modes

On quick install it goes straight to end flash screen in twrp

From both mirrors downloaded and slso twrp reflashed

I know its just a hotfix but nice to stay up to date lol ?

ma_t14

Nov 2, 2014
If i think that was odd then you best do some first post reading lol and about roms in general

Its a custom rom based on sammy firmware mate, not a stock android rom:good: btw post thanked as my jaw really did hit the floor

Well, I did "some first post reading" but it was only after I visited the linked homepage that the fact was clearly stated. I'm not familar with terms such as "Aroma" etc and the OPs previous work, coming from a oneplus device, which in retrospect probably are an indicator of what the rom is about.

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Well, I did "some first post reading" but it was only after I visited the linked homepage that the fact was clearly stated. I'm not familar with terms such as "Aroma" etc and the OPs previous work, coming from a oneplus device, which in retrospect probably are an indicator of what the rom is about.

No dude! No go!

This is not your customer support forum. This is XDA. Go read till you find the answer and if you have not found the answer, you haven't searched enough!!!

ma_t14

Nov 2, 2014
No dude! No go!

This is not your customer support forum. This is XDA. Go read till you find the answer and if you have not found the answer, you haven't searched enough!!!

Fair enough, as I've been on the other end of this conversation before I totally get that. But this long winded conversation could had been probably avoided with a slightly more positive attitude.

Anyway I digress, I apologize for the question, should had read more, and also subsequent replies that are just spam at this point.

Last edited:

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Sorry dude, this in itself is a perfectly good post but then i saw your original question,

---------- Post added 21st June 2018 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th June 2018 at 11:55 PM ----------

@soldier9312

Still having aroma issues, cuts to black screen after going through splash screen selection on all three flashing modes

From both mirrors downloaded and slso twrp reflashed

I know its just a hotfix but nice to stay up to date lol

Thats pretty odd, i will test the other two today, but i'm sure they will work.

KamilKiri

Mar 25, 2012
@exocetdj

I had similar issues with older build when I didn't unlocked S9+ properly and something was messed with OEM unlock. Are you sure that you properly unlocked your phone and stuff?
Personally for the first I used this tutorial and then started to flash Soldier's releases https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75893923&postcount=3

xRedDroidx

Dec 1, 2012
It's just me or the heart sensor doesn't work? I tried on Samsung Health but it says "this devices can't measure your heart rate"

Also tried setting all the permission to on but no luck.

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
4.1 is just a test build for those who still having issues with aroma blackscreen
(don't ask me why, because mine is fine, and aroma code is correct too)

Reactions: exocetdj
Updated to 4.0 plus latest flashable firmware (dirty over 3.11) and having issues with a soft reboot every time the keyboard tries to open (happening with stock keyboard and Swiftkey) in any app.

Also same issue with Magisk Hide not working for apps as was case since 3.10 (though had worked in 3.09)
Would it be possible maybe to add back MCC choice to Aroma, its only since that was removed that Magisk Hide is not functioning as expected?

Last edited:

madhub

Jul 31, 2010
My phone freezes then reboots after 30 secs it's on. 4.0
Same for me after update to 4.0.

Freeze and reboot every time the keyboard will pop up in the next screen.

For exapmple everthing is fine in the WhatsApp Chat overview but as soon as i go to single chat.
->freeze and hot reboot.

Scrolling here on xda and reading some threads no problem. As soon as i click the answer button.
-> freeze and hot reboot.

Hope that help find the error.

Btw installing latest Youtube vanced from Repo is not working with new Magisk version 16.5.2 also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xda_thread_2k20.png

modzip_base_details.png

• G96[5/0]FXXU9ETF5
    • Security Patch Level: June
    • Android 10.0
    • Support for G96XF/FD
    • Latest Busybox included
    • Stock patched Kernel (remove dm-verity, force encryption)

modzip_features.png

• CSC Features in AROMA Installer
    • Font Options in AROMA Installer
    • Emoji Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bixby Remap Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bootsplash Options in AROMA Installer
    • Force aptX Bluetooth Codec in AROMA Installer
    • Dual Sim SD Card Mod Option in AROMA Installer

latest_release.png

modzip_changelog.png

• Full Changelog from Version 1.0 up to the latest Release on my Webpage, click here.

install_instructions.png

You need to be on a Custom ROM based on the Version of the MOD Zip!

1. Make a backup of your current device state, so you can go back if something is broken
    2. Flash a Custom ROM based on the current MOD ZIP, i highly recommended [ALEXNDR]s DevBase
    3. DO NOT WIPE system! [Mod zip do not contain a full rom!]
    4. Flash the matching MOD ZIP in TWRP [example: Custom ROM is DTD7 -> DTD7 Mod]
    5. Flash latest Twrp Flashable Firmware
    6. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    7. Enjoy

If you want to update to new base, simply flash the Custom ROM Update, then my mod zip, done.

Android 9 Full ROM [Out of Date / Discontinued]:

rom_base_details.png

• G96[5/0]FXXS7CTA2
    • Security Patch Level: January
    • Android 9.0
    • ODEXED
    • Support for G96XF/FD
    • No-Root or Magisk as option
    • Fake Knox 0x0 in system [still 0x1 in Bootloader!]
    • Debloated
    • FRP Lock and RMM removed

rom_features.png

• CSC Features in AROMA Installer
    • Font Options in AROMA Installer
    • Emoji Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bixby Remap Options in AROMA Installer
    • Bootsplash Options in AROMA Installer
    • Force aptX Bluetooth Codec in AROMA Installer
    • Stock patched Kernel (remove dm-verity, force encryption, vaultkeeper, frp lock)
    • Option to add your own ODM Partition into ROM and flash it

latest_release.png

rom_changelog.png

• Full Changelog from Version 1.0 up to the latest Release on my Webpage, click here.

install_instructions.png

STOCK ROM -> MY ROM:

1. Backup your Internal Storage if needed
    2. Format Data then Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache, Internal Storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP again
    4. Flash latest release
    5. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    6. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    7. Enjoy

ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM -> MY ROM:

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik-cache
    3. Flash latest release
    4. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    5. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    6. Enjoy

MY PIE ROM -> MY PIE ROM (Update):

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Flash latest release (dirty flash)
    3. Flash latest twrp flashable firmware [F and FD only]
    4. Device will reboot after Firmware flash
    5. Enjoy

helpful_links.png

sharing_policy.png

Code:
    Please do not take anything without asking me first. I will 99% allow you to use anything, just ask first though.
    You cannot use any of my work which hasn't been released in an official ROM/MOD release unless given express permission.
    I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your device while using this ROM/MOD.
    By using this ROM you agree with the above terms.

Thanks @mwilky for being such a great developer and the whole Renovate Team for being awesome :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DISCONTINUED] SoLdieR9312s *CTA2* ROM 26.1 [P] & *ETF5* MOD ZIP 6.0 [Q] | AROMA, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    SoLdieR9312
    Source Code: Samsung Stock Kernel with edited Ramdisk

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Latest Firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 26.1 & 6.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-18

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2020-07-05
    Hey Guys,

i'm uploading v23.0 based on CSJ1 (October Security Patch Base) (will be done in about 2 hours..)
    CSJ1 Firmware and DualSim + SDCard Mod are already up on my webpage.

Changelog will be:
    -rebased to CSJ1 (October Security Patch Base)
    -updated Stock patched Kernel to CSJ1
    -updated Magisk to v20.0
    -updated AdAway to 4.2.9

As all of you know, i do not own a S9 series device anymore since March, so i'm only able to fix issues by getting logs and clear description of what is not working.
    The ROM comes with everything that was included in July, when i stopped the project.
    As i got many pm's in the last time, that it would be nice to see my project back, i have decided to push a update to the ROM and see how it will go.

The new Telegram Support Chat can be found here.

EDIT: Rom is up. As always, do a nandroid before flashing, in case of something goes wrong!
    13.0 released

ROM rebased to CRLI (Android 9.0 | PIE)
    December Security Patch Base
    Stock patched Kernel rebased to CRLI
    added some more debloat options
    ROM Updater 1.0.6 added:
    supports PIE ROM now
    fixed all links for webpage

NO Custom Kernel until Sources drops for Pie.
    Do not even try to boot with Oreo Kernel ;)

Coming from OREO i would do a Clean flash, otherwise strange issues will mess the UI.
    Coming from PIE Beta a Dirty flash will be fine.

Merry XMAS to all, and thanks for your support in 2018!
    Sorry for the delay this month guys, but 17.0 is now online. Should appear in some minutes on my servers.
    Firmware and dualsimcard mod is also up on my webpage.