Search This thread

J0SH1X

Account currently disabled
Jan 3, 2014
Aachen

[UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1 for LM-G710EM ONLY

2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=s180-rw

NOTE
There are 2 versions for this recovery, SEMI-PERSISTENT & PERSISTENT.

1. Semi-Persistent Recovery
[Works on stock rom and custom rom] Not permanent, requires command in order to boot and needs to reflash it every time you need it and then reflash stock boot.img after using it in order to avoid bootloop.
2. Persistent Recovery
[Works only on custom rom] Permanent, you can boot on it anytime without a command and doesn't need to reflash it and stock boot.img.

Flashing TWRP Recovery

Downloads:
[SEMI-PERSISTENT] TWRP 3.2.1
[PERSISTENT] TWRP 3.2.1

1. You need to be rooted first. Root Guide: Magisk
2. Flash TWRP image (Download link above) using the following command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a pathtoimghere
and
Code:
fastboot flash boot_b pathtoimghere
Note: In this state, you will encounter bootloop when you restart your device and proceed to OS. So please, don't.
3. Boot to recovery using the button combination (VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON).
4. Once you are booted in TWRP, you might notice that /date doesn't work. To fix it, you need to decrypt your phone.
For now, flash the vendor.img found here.
5. After step #4, Hit Wipe and Format Date on TWRP, type yes in the dialog, and then reboot to recovery (not system). TWRP will now be useful.
6. If you are on 10f or 10h stock rom download this TWRP then mount vendor and system, flash the zip through TWRP to enable semi-persistant.

SUPPORT

If you need any help for this or in general or if you just want to have a chit chat, feel free to join our Telegram Group:
LG G7 ThinQ XDA Community Telegram Group

Others:
Official LG G7 Subreddit
LG Community Discord

CREDITS

Me (for the initial G7 TWRP device tree)
Rashed97 (for his great help to make me understand how recovery works on a/b devices)
Skullpluggery (for polishing the thread)
I hope i didn't forgot anyone , if i did im sry , hit me up and i will add you here.

Last edited:

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Why is this TWRP semi persistent

So The g7 is a a/b device meaning it has 2 system paritions etc , but it doesnt have a recovery parition anymore so recovery is now a binary inside of boot.img which gets executed when hitting the button combo , but to have to you need to flash the boot.img containing it , and thats the point the boot.img containig twrp isnt compatible neither to aosp nor to stock meaning your phone would probably stuck in a bootloop or a reboot loop , so only thing we can do for now is flashing back our boot.img after were done with twrp, im working on it and i was able to smack twrp into the stock boot.img but it doesnt work correctly anymore then , I've finished my work on a variant that works without a pc needed

Last edited:

Sony92

Feb 8, 2017
Can I flash normal zip files with recovery? because not everything is supposed to go.

Sony92

Feb 8, 2017
can someone please tell me if i have the buttons before warning that the bootloader is unlocked or after the warning? it's about booting to recovery after flashing the recovery.img. Unfortunately, I did not manage it yesterday.

should you flash at step 4 the file on the recovery, or via adb sideload?

Last edited:

strikerdj2011

Jan 16, 2011
Some where
hello mate long time no chat lol thinking of getting the g7 got one plus 6 at min will the fix for the one plus that makes the recovery stick work on this ?

Sony92

Feb 8, 2017
will the error be corrected over time? because after the first reboot into the system the recovery disappeared again. I would like to boot again into recovery after being in the system, it no longer exists. I followed everything according to instructions

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
hello mate long time no chat lol thinking of getting the g7 got one plus 6 at min will the fix for the one plus that makes the recovery stick work on this ?

damn youre still alive good to talk again , no that is only for the op6 , but this is my first work for a/b but meanwhile i got a main idea what to do , all i need rn is a linux machine

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
will the error be corrected over time? because after the first reboot into the system the recovery disappeared again. I would like to boot again into recovery after being in the system, it no longer exists. I followed everything according to instructions

thats what non persisrant mean youi always have to flash the recovery boot.img first

litaninja

Jun 28, 2013
Great to know development is picking up on this device. Waiting for supplies to hit the rest of the world so I can get an European variant. ** Thumbs Up **

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
stupid question but does the locked bootloader on usa versions disallow booting unsigned images over "fastboot boot" command also?

strikerdj2011

Jan 16, 2011
Some where
Not much afaik, im missing a linux server to build stuff and noone is pickung up g7 for development exept me till now so there is not much to do

**** that mate :(

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Not much afaik, im missing a linux server to build stuff and noone is pickung up g7 for development exept me till now so there is not much to do

whats going rate for a linux server

ricxgp

Nov 26, 2008
no i cant build any kernel im no kernel dev also g7 kernel sources are badly broken they dont boot and give no logs so were out of luck
Thanks.

It is a shame what LG does...

I am really thinking about sell the LG G7, I really like the phone but this kind of thing are shamelessl...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1 for LM-G710EM ONLY

2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=s180-rw

NOTE
    There are 2 versions for this recovery, SEMI-PERSISTENT & PERSISTENT.

1. Semi-Persistent Recovery
    [Works on stock rom and custom rom] Not permanent, requires command in order to boot and needs to reflash it every time you need it and then reflash stock boot.img after using it in order to avoid bootloop.
    2. Persistent Recovery
    [Works only on custom rom] Permanent, you can boot on it anytime without a command and doesn't need to reflash it and stock boot.img.

Flashing TWRP Recovery

Downloads:
    [SEMI-PERSISTENT] TWRP 3.2.1
    [PERSISTENT] TWRP 3.2.1

1. You need to be rooted first. Root Guide: Magisk
    2. Flash TWRP image (Download link above) using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a pathtoimghere
    and
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_b pathtoimghere
    Note: In this state, you will encounter bootloop when you restart your device and proceed to OS. So please, don't.
    3. Boot to recovery using the button combination (VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON).
    4. Once you are booted in TWRP, you might notice that /date doesn't work. To fix it, you need to decrypt your phone.
    For now, flash the vendor.img found here.
    5. After step #4, Hit Wipe and Format Date on TWRP, type yes in the dialog, and then reboot to recovery (not system). TWRP will now be useful.
    6. If you are on 10f or 10h stock rom download this TWRP then mount vendor and system, flash the zip through TWRP to enable semi-persistant.

SUPPORT

If you need any help for this or in general or if you just want to have a chit chat, feel free to join our Telegram Group:
    LG G7 ThinQ XDA Community Telegram Group

Others:
    Official LG G7 Subreddit
    LG Community Discord

CREDITS

Me (for the initial G7 TWRP device tree)
    Rashed97 (for his great help to make me understand how recovery works on a/b devices)
    Skullpluggery (for polishing the thread)
    I hope i didn't forgot anyone , if i did im sry , hit me up and i will add you here.
    Why is this TWRP semi persistent

So The g7 is a a/b device meaning it has 2 system paritions etc , but it doesnt have a recovery parition anymore so recovery is now a binary inside of boot.img which gets executed when hitting the button combo , but to have to you need to flash the boot.img containing it , and thats the point the boot.img containig twrp isnt compatible neither to aosp nor to stock meaning your phone would probably stuck in a bootloop or a reboot loop , so only thing we can do for now is flashing back our boot.img after were done with twrp, im working on it and i was able to smack twrp into the stock boot.img but it doesnt work correctly anymore then , I've finished my work on a variant that works without a pc needed
    Persistance reached us , YAY

This is ONLY for AOSP OREO AND PIE flash this bootimage using fastboot flash boot_a pathtoimg or fastboot flash boot_b pathtoimg

Then TWRP will be always present no annoying flashes anymore
    Check out page one we reached persistance of twrp
    I've added a flushable zip and instructions to use it without an computer