[KERNEL] [EOL] [OnePlus3] [OOS 5, 4, 3] Boeffla-Kernel (15-01-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi all,

finally the update specifically for OOS 5.0.3 is out:

Version 3.0-beta7

• Note: This kernel version is only for OOS 5.0.3 or newer!
  • Change: Merged latest OnePlus kernel sources for Android 8 OOS 5.0.3
  • Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.28.4 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)
Enjoy
Andi

Hi all,

finally the update specifically for OOS 5.0.3 is out:

Version 3.0-beta7

Note: This kernel version is only for OOS 5.0.3 or newer!
Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.28.4 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)
Enjoy
Andi
Great thank you.
Work on last open beta ?

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi all,

important maintenance update:

Version 3.0-beta8

• Note: This kernel version is only for OOS 5.0.3 or newer!
  • Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.29.1 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)
  • Change: Removed USB keyboard functionality (this is causing issues with other connections like Android Auto)
  • Change: Scripts cleanup and optimization
Enjoy
Andi

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Final stable release

Hi all,

it seems, OOS 5 is now pretty solid and I do not expect major updates anymore.
And as there will be no OOS 6 support by me anymore, I want to finally close my development part on OOS for the OnePlus3/3T.

Therefore, the last stable and final kernel for OOS 5 is now released.

Please note, this kernel is automatically end-of-life now, will not be developed and supported anymore.

Version 3.0 stable - final

• Note: This kernel version is only for Android Oreo OOS 5.0.4 or higher
  • Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.29.3 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)
  • Change: USB fast charging with 900mA (on by default in Boeffla-Kernel) can be disabled by advanced users in case of issues with a shell command in Boeffla-Config scripting screens or any scripting app (echo 0 > /sys/kernel/charge_levels/enable_usb_fastcharge)
It was a great ride with you guys for this phone and I enjoyed the time a lot.
But now on to new and different things in my life. Have a great time and maybe see you again on day somewhere.

Thread gets closed now too.

Cheers
Andi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** This kernel is now end-of-life, not supported and developed anymore !!! ***

Hi all,

some of you know me from the other OnePlus or Samsung devices areas, where I provide my kernels already for more than three years to OnePlus One, OnePlus Two, OnePlus X, Galaxy S5, S3 and Note 10.1 users for all sort of platforms (Samsung, Cyanogenmod, Omnirom etc.)

Please note:
    I am not heading to have as many features as possible implemented, this is not my design goal. If you are more into that, move on to other, good existing kernels. If you are searching for a good mix of improvements and new functions while not sacrificing stability, you are welcome here (see below the history section for more info).

Compatibility

Important: This kernel is only meant to be compatible with official OnePlus OOS and nothing else.
    So when the kernel does not run on custom rom XYZ, do not even bother me with it or ask hundred times in the thread for compatibility.
    I could not care less about it !!

To add: An open beta (aka community build) is NOT an official build supported here. If you use a community build and have issues, don't complain or even report. I am not merging any kernel changes from open betas into my kernels !!

Important notes

When using new anykernel concept Boeffla-Kernel: Flash stock kernel of rom first !

This kernel is ONLY compatible to OxygenOs stock, nothing else !!!

If you are using a custom rom that bases on OxygenOs, it might work. However, if it does not work, do not expect me to do tweak to make the kernel running with your favorite rom. I would not do it - my one and only reference is OxygenOs stock.

It is not supposed to be compatible to CM, HydrogenOS etc.

Also note: You have to use Boeffla-Config app which I provide on my homepage to tweak the kernel. 3rd party apps will not be able to unleash the full power of the kernel.

Installation

Read the install instructions in the support section on the Boeffla Site.

Support

First read the FAQ section on the Homepage !!!

Click here to learn about all possible kernel settings in the config app (outdated at the moment).
    Click here to learn about using the config app (outdated at the moment).

I will refuse to give support if you do any undervolting/overclocking and experience freezes or hot reboots.

I will also not provide any support if you do not use Boeffla-Config app to tweak the kernel, other 3rd party tweaking apps are known (and intended) to cause issues.

I will refuse to give support if you have xposed framework installed and reporting any kind of weird issues. My opinion to xposed it quite clear: too powerful for >90% of the users that just mess up their system with it.

Otherwise, you can get in touch with me via the support e-mail address: support@boeffla.de

Please provide kernel version, rom version, a detailed issue description and ideally supporting screenshots or log files.

Change logs

(you can also access them directly in Boeffla-Config V2 by pressing menu and selecting "change log...")

Change log for OxygenOS 4.x.x kernel - Click here
    Change log for OxygenOS 3.x.x kernel - Click here

Features

• Note: This kernel only runs on OOS 3.x.x for the OnePlus 3 - nothing else !!!
    • Support of anykernel concept (only latest kernels) - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
    • Full integration with Boeffla-Config V2 (you need at least version 2.4.02 or higher !!!) configuration app (get it from http://www.boeffla.de) to configure all kernel settings
    • Dash charging fully supported
    • The two CPU clusters (big and little cpu) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies, governors and CPU core profiles
    • Additional governors: Impulse, zzmoove, elementalx, conservative, ondemand, blu_active
    • Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, sioplus, fifo, vr, tripndroid, zen, maple
    • CPU overclocking - one additional overclocking step for both clusters (1,72 GHz for little CPU / 2,26 GHz for big CPU)
    • No GPU overclocking, no CPU and GPU voltage interface
    • USB charge rate bumped up to 900 mA
    • Boeffla charge analysis (display of charger type and charge current in Boeffla-Config app in real time)
    • Boeffla touchkey LED control (LEDs fully off, LED on screen touch, configurable duration)
    • CPU core profiles to restrict number of CPU cores being used (the OP3 does not hotplug based on load)
    • Notification LED control (effect + speed for blinking/fading, brightness for continuous notification like battery charging etc.)
    • Boeffla-Sound engine: Headphone volume and speaker volume (only lowering volumes for speaker)
    • Dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
    • Input boost frequencies and duration configurable per CPU cluster, input boost switch
    • Show CPU frequency usage per CPU and frequency in Boeffla-Config
    • Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
    • KCal V2 Color control
    • Display backlight limits configurable (to avoid display brightness gets too low in some situations)
    • Display backlight dimmer
    • Swipe2wake gestures
    • Control haptic feedback of gestures (except fingerprint)
    • Haptic feedback intensity control
    • Swipe2sleep gestures
    • Boeffla generic wakelock blocker V1.1.0 (documentation)
    • SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
    • Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
    • Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
    • CIFS support (module, do not mount inside /data, if you rooted with Chainfire SuperSu, make sure you uncheck the namespace separation in SuperSu app)
    • NFS support (module)
    • NTFS support (module)
    • XBox support (module)
    • OTG-Ethernet support (module)
    • TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
    • Many additional TCP congestion algorithms available
    • Entropy values configurable
    • Hardware touch keys are locked as long as screen is in use (touched) for better usability
    • Swap supported
    • Various minor kernel tweaks
    • Doze mode configurable in Boeffla-Config
    • Full selinux strict support (switchable to permissive on demand)
    • Show speedbin information (PVS level) in Boeffla-Config app
    • init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
    • Automatic EFS backup
    • Integrated full busybox 1.27.2 (own compilation)
    • Kernel initialisation log file (with history of 3 log files)
    • Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
    • Google gcc 4.9 toolchain (64 bit) used for best stability
    • Always based on latest OOS kernel sources (https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996)

Download

For all information and downloads (stable AND testing versions), visit the Boeffla-Kernel homepage:
    www.boeffla.de

History and design targets

Basically I created my first Boeffla-Kernel in 2012 as there was no kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S3 around that had exactly the mix of functionalities that I wanted. I wanted to have full flexibility in undervolting and charge rates for instance, but did not like the sharpness and/or brightness tweaks many kernels have implemented as per default.

Hence, I began to create my own kernel after a while, adding all the features I like. This is the result of my work, which in the end I decided to share with you. I hope you like it as much as I do.

The objective of this kernel is to have a kernel for daily use. It does not aim for best battery life, or best smoothness or best benchmark scores. Also it does not aim to have the broadest feature set available everywhere.
    It aims more for a good mix of all, not sacrificing stability and functionality in the end.
    And - most important: It aims to stay quite close to stock !!!

These design targets are also valid for the OnePlus kernel here!!!

This said, I will definitely NEVER implement:

• things I do personally not need
    • things I do not like
    • things that are in any way dangerous
    • anything which is highly experimental
    • f2fs - it is known to cause various issues and compatibility problems
    • a CAF based kernel
    • anything that requires upstreaming of kernel parts to a higher kernel major version
    So do not even ask for it if it falls into the listed categories. Everything else I am happy to check and decide.

And: I do not really care about benchmark numbers, they say almost nothing as long as something is not completely wrong. Important for me is the feel-good factor.
    I am also not interested in gaming at all, so never expect a gamer kernel. It will just not happen...

Compatibility

To reiterate it again: Flash the kernel only if you are running a compatible rom !!!

Configuration of the kernel

To tweak and configure the kernel, manually load and install the app "Boeffla-Config V2" from the downloads section on www.boeffla.de.

You need at least version 2.4.02 or higher for the OnePlus 3 Boeffla Kernels.

Donation

If you like my work, feel free to donate: Donation-Link

If you donate at least 2,49 EUR (to be in line with the donation app prices on Google Play store), you will receive a personal donation code which unlocks some nice little comfort functions in Boeffla-Config V2 on top.

Source code

All sources can be found in my Github repository: http://github.com/andip71

Credits to developers

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* ZaneZam
    * Grarak
    * Yank555
    * Hardcore
    * Chainfire
    * AndreiLux
    * Netarchy
    * Gokhanmoral
    * Simone201
    * Mialwe
    * Entropy512
    * Faux
    * Harunjo
    * FranciscoFranco
    * Ak
    * Osm0sis

... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work !!!

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in your custom recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Cheers and enjoy
    Andi
    OOS 4

Hi there,

finally OOS4 support by Boeffla-Kernel arrived.

Note, this is the very first official version. Hence it is likely there are still some issues to be hidden which need fixing.
    Let me remind you again: I am not taking any support requests on Twitter! Stick to the procedures explained here to get support: http://boeffla.de/index.php/support/support

Here we go:

Version 2.0-beta1

• First official build
    • Note: This kernel only runs on OOS 4.x.x for the OnePlus 3 - nothing else !!!
    • Note: You need at least version 2.4.27 of Boeffla-Config V2 to allow all functionalities to be available
    • Features: Exactly same features as last OOS 3.x.x stable kernel 1.0
      • Support of anykernel concept (only latest kernels) - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
      • Full integration with Boeffla-Config V2 (you need at least version 2.4.27 or higher !!!) configuration app (get it from http://www.boeffla.de) to configure all kernel settings
      • Dash charging fully supported
      • The two CPU clusters (big and little cpu) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies, governors and CPU core profiles
      • Additional governors: Impulse, zzmoove, elementalx, conservative, ondemand
      • Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, sioplus, fifo, vr, tripndroid and zen
      • CPU overclocking - one additional overclocking step for both clusters (1,72 GHz for little CPU / 2,26 GHz for big CPU)
      • No GPU overclocking, no CPU and GPU voltage interface
      • USB charge rate bumped up to 900 mA
      • CPU core profiles to restrict number of CPU cores being used (the OP3 does not hotplug based on load)
      • Notification LED control (effect + speed for blinking/fading, brightness for continuous notification like battery charging etc.)
      • Boeffla-Sound engine: Headphone volume and speaker volume (only lowering volumes for speaker)
      • Dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
      • Input boost frequencies and duration configurable per CPU cluster, input boost switch
      • Show CPU frequency usage per CPU and frequency in Boeffla-Config
      • Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
      • KCal V2 Color control (not yet fully compatible to msm8996, expect side effects)
      • Swipe2wake gestures
      • Control haptic feedback of gestures (except fingerprint)
      • Haptic feedback intensity control
      • Swipe2sleep gestures
      • SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
      • Ext4 File system tweaks (default to on, can be disabled)
      • Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
      • CIFS support (module, do not mount inside /data, if you rooted with Chainfire SuperSu, make sure you uncheck the namespace separation in SuperSu app)
      • NFS support (module)
      • NTFS support (module)
      • XBox support (module)
      • OTG-Ethernet support (module)
      • TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
      • Many additional TCP congestion algorithms available
      • Entropy values configurable
      • Hardware touch keys are locked as long as screen is in use (touched) for better usability
      • Swap supported
      • Various minor kernel tweaks
      • Doze mode configurable in Boeffla-Config
      • Full selinux strict support (switchable to permissive on demand)
      • Show speedbin information (PVS level) in Boeffla-Config app
      • init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
      • Automatic EFS backup
      • Integrated full busybox 1.26.2 (own compilation)
      • Kernel initialisation log file (with history of 3 log files)
      • Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
      • Google gcc 4.9 toolchain (64 bit) used for best stability
      • Always based on latest OOS kernel sources (https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996)
    Enjoy
    Andi
    OP3/T OOS4 users... now it is going fast. Kernel reached my internal alpha state for both devices now.

Smoke testing starts...
    Hi all,

finally the stable (and final release) of Boeffla Kernel for OOX 3.x.x is released now.

Version 1.0 stable -- final

• Change: Internal kernel busybox updated to latest version 1.26.2 (self-compiled from sources, www.busybox.net)

This kernel is now end of development and will not receive updates anymore.

We are moving on with OOS 4.x.x Boeffla kernel very soon...

Enjoy
    Andi