Root/Updates/Rebranding/Unbricking - Official FunkyHuawei Support Thread for Mate 10

Search This thread

neverone

Feb 13, 2011
Osijek
n1-design.com.hr
Hi eveyone!

I bought a non-pro Mate 10 through Wonda, (it's the chinese ALP-L00 rebranded to ALP-L29). Phone is working great, battery life is phenomenal and I won't even start about camera and screen (and I'm coming from Oneplus One)

But after a month of use and reading online, I realize now that my firmware version is intended for global/international market, and since I am in Europe, I might benefit more from L09 the European market.

Currently things that aren't working properly or at all on my phone are:

-HiBoard - when swipe to the far left screen, I get absolutely no feed, and I don't have the ability to switch HiBoard with Google. And I don't want to use a custom launcher

- Voice commands (OK Google or Hey Google) stopped working some time ago and the options are greyed out in Google settings

- Google maps location history is messed up

- Huawei cloud keeps showing me location based error and is unable to log me in at all. I read somewhere on xda that is location-related, and baked into the ROM

Is it possible to (once again) rebrand this phone, using DC Unlocker and switch it to L09 version? I don't care if I lose dual sim functionality, that's not important to me, as long as my single SIM works on 4G. What's important is that I keep my IMEI, that I have Google Apps after flash and that the phone can receive regular, official OTA updates. Of course, I need all 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage to be available after rebranding.

Can somebody help and tell me is this all possible, how risky is it all and if I need to buy some credits/tokens for the procedure, how much is it going to cost me in total? It seems DC unlocker is free, right?

I don't even know where to start with all this, nor what's the proceudre.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Mostar088

Hi eveyone!

I bought a non-pro Mate 10 through Wonda, (it's the chinese ALP-L00 rebranded to ALP-L29). Phone is working great, battery life is phenomenal and I won't even start about camera and screen (and I'm coming from Oneplus One)

But after a month of use and reading online, I realize now that my firmware version is intended for global/international market, and since I am in Europe, I might benefit more from L09 the European market.

Currently things that aren't working properly or at all on my phone are:

-HiBoard - when swipe to the far left screen, I get absolutely no feed, and I don't have the ability to switch HiBoard with Google. And I don't want to use a custom launcher

- Voice commands (OK Google or Hey Google) stopped working some time ago and the options are greyed out in Google settings

- Google maps location history is messed up

- Huawei cloud keeps showing me location based error and is unable to log me in at all. I read somewhere on xda that is location-related, and baked into the ROM

Is it possible to (once again) rebrand this phone, using DC Unlocker and switch it to L09 version? I don't care if I lose dual sim functionality, that's not important to me, as long as my single SIM works on 4G. What's important is that I keep my IMEI, that I have Google Apps after flash and that the phone can receive regular, official OTA updates. Of course, I need all 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage to be available after rebranding.

Can somebody help and tell me is this all possible, how risky is it all and if I need to buy some credits/tokens for the procedure, how much is it going to cost me in total? It seems DC unlocker is free, right?

I don't even know where to start with all this, nor what's the proceudre.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.
Use Dc Converter to debrand your phone.

Not tested myself so on your own risk.

It i a beta version but free.

https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum...cker-software/171236-dc-huawei-converter-beta

The safe way is to use FunkyHuawei but it cost money.
Sent from my BLA-L29 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

neverone

Feb 13, 2011
Osijek
n1-design.com.hr
Use Dc Converter to debrand your phone.

Not tested myself so on your own risk.

It i a beta version but free.

https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum...cker-software/171236-dc-huawei-converter-beta

The safe way is to use FunkyHuawei but it cost money.
Sent from my BLA-L29 using XDA Labs
I understand it's not tested, but, let's say everything will work fine, do I need anything else apart from DC converter?

Also, will my IMEI stay the same? I read somewhere IMEI changes... is that true?

Do I lose my phone's data while rebranding?

How many people here have used DC converter to rebrand their non-pro Mate 10? Are there any issues that occur regularly, and what are the risks, apart from total phone brick?

Last edited:

ikolbyi

Jul 2, 2018
Has anyone figured out how to enable additional LTE bands on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro? Need to activate a single (1) band. Thanks.

Texan1

Dec 22, 2008
Australia
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@duraaraa Is Funky still being updated? Things have appeared very quiet here lately?? I still have credits that I paid for that I would like to use.

ALP-L29C636 has had B136 released in June and now B138 released in July that have not been added to FH - can at least the newest B138 be added please?

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
hi OP
i'm running UK Three -L09 with 8.0.0.131(C782)
need to root upgrade to latest firmware and most of all get rid of Three boot screen.
do you think .138 wont harm my device?
also if not risky want to rebrand as mate RS and use dual sim. the question is, sim tray accepts 2 sims?
please get back soon need to do everything today itself

Last edited:

mediavieja

Jun 3, 2010
is ALP-L29 C636 the best model to rebrand my mate 10 pro? cause im about to to it and just want to make sure, mine is ALP-L09 atm

neverone

Feb 13, 2011
Osijek
n1-design.com.hr
To get the latest updates, is there any other way to do it?
I just got June 1 security update, but I am not as much experienced with Huawei to say this for sure, but ai donct think that changing the region will help you much. It's simply Huawei, and if updates are late in one region, they are late worldwide. One region might receive some update a week or two earlier, but that's all, really...

That's the way I undersrood it so far, but like I said, i could be wrong. I'm new in the world of Huawei.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear FunkyHuawei, instead of complaining to Mega about copyright for stuff you don't own, why don't you explain here on XDA how you change device's IMEI,how you pull sensitive information from your customers without warning or permission, and how you make use of other people's work in your software, without credit or anything?
    This is the proof FunkyHuawei is just a greedy person, a wolf disguised in a sheep.

P. S. Don't ask me to edit this post as you do with others when they post information that you don't want to be seen, like the DNS redirection to stuff that you don't own copyright.

This won't end here,Funky!
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.
    We have found an early build of EMUI 9/Android P for the Mate 10. More updates about this may be coming :)
    Face unlock? emui 8.1? something different? :confused:

This update optimizes system performance and stability.
    Optimizes power consumption for longer usage. Improves system performance and stability for smoother operations. Optimizes the wallpaper display for a better experience.
    Fixes an issue where the other party's voice was occasionally delayed when answering calls while using OK Google.

The above is all I know. It's not EMUI 8.1
    Well, my 2c: I see a lot of heat against Funky Huawei here, let me introduce a different perspective:

The reason for FH (and others providers) to exist is because of Huawei shady business. IE: Huawei is intentionally blocking flashing through fastboot partitions that are required to boot in the first place. So basically, you are barking up at the wrong tree: Stand up and demand Huawei to change their behavior or we stop buying their hardware. I will most probably do that.

You might ask FH to correct prices, improve their services, stop collecting personal information, but Huawei is to blame for closing their phones to the extent of requiring third party services like FH...

Well... There are ways around "unlocking" phone, which both FH and DC uses.
    And they won't share this as it's bad for their business.

I will however chime in on the IMEI part.
    In the FHRebrandTool and P20 single to dual tool you have oeminfo files already included.
    These are named fhmo.lib in the Rebrand tool and Systeminfobackup in the P20 single to dual tool.
    I'm guessing they are then edited to fit your phone. (They are dumped from ALP-TL00, if you open them in a hex editor and search for ALP.)
    And we also have m10l.lib and fhp2m.lib. These are TWRP in disguise, with an all black theme and a white text. (And since they have FBE decryption I'm guessing they are the TWRP from zxzO0O)
    You can check this by unpacking using Android Image Kitchen.

But after editing and flashing fhmo.lib manually to oeminfo I got the same IMEI, IMEI1 and MEID as others who used this to rebrand, though only in fastboot but this affects the ability to unlock bootloader using your old unlock code if your phone should be locked again.
    (bootloader) IMEI: (redacted as this belongs to someone)4577
    (bootloader) IMEI1: (redacted as this belongs to someone)0300
    (bootloader) MEID: (redacted as this belongs to someone)2050

Edit: all it does is flashes twrp to your erecovery_ramdisk partition using slock, as it can't flash that otherwise.
    Unlocks bootloader if it's not unlocked already.
    It then modifies the included oeminfo and flashes to your device using adb.

That meaning you will end up with a different IMEI, IMEI1 and MEID in Fastboot as it doesn't do anything to your own oeminfo. It doesn't even back it up.
    After this you're forced to use HCU to either get a new unlock code or change your imei/MEID back to your original ones.