Thanks Meter: 1

By kobecamp2009, Senior Member on 8th June 2010, 07:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2010, 10:57 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwright

You are joking right? Apple products are the best at wi-fi, with almost no exceptions. The issues at the launch were exactly the same as Google had at I/O, only difference is Jobs was able to get them to switch enough off to carry on. The iPad I have has not such issues, although the actually signal indicator is a bit touchy, actual connection is fine.

Have to take that one for a dispute.
Would that include, let's say, the super-crappy WiFi of Macbook Air, that can't stand any comparison to 3 generic WiFi cards in 2 generic laptops tried side-by-side?

In the meantime, your bare words of Apple WiFi products go against an earlier comment of Apple being crappy at WiFi with 0 proof, yet my own experience leads me to believe you have no proof for your claims.

20th June 2010, 03:43 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My Apple products have horrendous WiFi management. I'd guess it's some software issue.

My MBP, when on Mac OS X, can lose WiFi connection and not be able to get it back for ages. The weird thing is that I can log onto XP and it'll connect automatically. But when I go back to Mac, it'll lose it again.

My iPad continuously loses WiFi. And since I have a complicated password, it's a pain to reenter the info every time it loses WiFi.
26th June 2011, 05:23 PM |#133  

More
I use both Android (Inspire 4G) and iPhone 4. They both have great features and flaws. First off, Apple products have always been superior to those of Windows, other MP3 players, and now the smartphone industry (at least back in 2008). Their computers used to be widely used for enterprise, but because of their closed platform, they lost out to Windows, which is now the main platform of many businesses. Their MAC OSX continues to trump Windows by a long shot, in my opinion, and I believe their iOS trumps any OS out there right now, interms of ease of use, issues, and look & feel. However, using my Android (I'm on Gingerbread now) I can see why so many advanced users prefer this more. The customizations are endless if you root your phone. I had my iPhone jailbroken and the customizations were still fairly limited. However, the iPhone is perfect for those who want a cool looking phone that works. The iOS is (mostly) flawless. One thing that bugs the hell out of me is how Apple waits to release features that should have been released months or even years ago. However, when they do release a new feature, it tends to be flawless and well implemented and integrated into the iOS. If iPhone implemented widgets, I think Android could be in some real trouble. This is a feature that makes the phone very functional. Along with the app drawer, which keeps the interface clean. I hate having ALL my apps on iPhone and even the folders limit you to 12 apps or something like that, which is stupid.

I've always had a question in my mind, that seems no one can answer, but why does apple wait to release iPhone features other phones already have had for months or even years?
27th June 2011, 01:19 AM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Debate goes on. I think both platforms have their own benefits. I love my nexus one and also my iPad

Sent from my HTC Nexus One using XDA App
27th June 2011, 05:56 AM |#135  
Flag Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobecamp2009

Folders - This is very disappointing how this feature is one the biggest features in the new iOS 4. Folders was introduced in Android 3 years ago. Welcome to Earth, Steve Jobs. Apple does deserve credit. iPhone’s folders does seem a slight upgrade compared to the current folders on Android. (Winner - Apple)

-there is always MIUI android flavor,
10th July 2018, 08:35 PM |#136  
Flag Vancouver

More
Android phone is much better than iPhone if you are planning to root/jailbreak the phone.
iPhone is very much difficult to jailbreak nowadays.
Especially it's heard to find iPA to install for any app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)