[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
What do you mean by stock? Pulsar visualizer will attach to the media player session which is now playing music, it does not care about other sounds outside of Pulsar.
What is meant is that when turning on the music visualizer, the Viper EQ gets turned off at the same time. After turning off the visualizer, Viper EQ is working again (and turned on as well).

Apr 5, 2018
Doesn't autoupdate library

Seems a nice player, unfortunately it has too many bugs to be used as a regular daily player, especially when comes to song sorting.

- If I edit tag and e.g. add album name player doesn't recognize that such album already exists, rather keeps two albums with the same name. "Rescan Library" doesn't help and problem persists also after purging app data and cache

- Multiple genre- if I change genre of an album, it appears under both- original and also a new one

- Doesn't retain album image- if I change tag song data, album artwork disappears

I'm not sure whether all these errors are related only to faulty tag editor, the fact that some of my songs use non-english characters or whether those are bugs of the program itself.

Hippie459MN

Seems a nice player, unfortunately it has too many bugs to be used as a regular daily player, especially when comes to song sorting.

- If I edit tag and e.g. add album name player doesn't recognize that such album already exists, rather keeps two albums with the same name. "Rescan Library" doesn't help and problem persists also after purging app data and cache

- Multiple genre- if I change genre of an album, it appears under both- original and also a new one

- Doesn't retain album image- if I change tag song data, album artwork disappears

I'm not sure whether all these errors are related only to faulty tag editor, the fact that some of my songs use non-english characters or whether those are bugs of the program itself.

I too was having some similar issues. I was removing albums or changing meta data and using "Rescan Library" did absolutely nothing so I did what was recommended here and then then did a rescan and all is good, but, if you change things up a lot, it can be a huge pain in the ass. Why this is not built in to the app in some way is completely stupid. That is my only major issue with it so far.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76909246&postcount=1527

Hope that helps you with your issue.

Reactions: pochutkova.smotana

Flash FX

Jul 9, 2018
Playlists lose tracks on removing memory card

I had temporarily removed the memory card from my phone, and suddenly all the playlists became empty. Even after inserting the memory card, the songs did not come back. All the time spent in creating the playlists went waste.

I understand playlists should not list songs which do not exist, but something should be done for this situation where the songs are not available temporarily. Please fix this.

darkanakyn

Jul 12, 2018
Normalization

I love this player! Would it be possible to add a volume normalization option when playing the songs? It would be magnificent.

Papa Ken

Jul 16, 2018
Bug when skipping current playing song.

Hi there! I've been having a lot of problems lately when it comes to skipping and playing back the current song. I'm using the Pro version of this app and whenever I'm trying to playback the current song by tapping the button on my headphones 3x, it doesn't replay the song but goes back to the previous track! This also happens when tapping the button 2x, instead of playing the song, it skips it and plays the one next to it. It seems like to skip it by either playing the previous track or the next track. I've already tried different settings and different headsets but no luck. This only happens when the screen is off. Other than that everything is working properly for the app except WHEN TRYING TO PLAYBACK THE CURRENT SONG PLAYING. I know this sounds silly, but it really is a big factor especially when you're on the go. Hope this gets fixed soon. My phone is a Nokia 6 (TA-1021) running Android 8.1 with the latest security patch. Thanks!

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Hi there! I've been having a lot of problems lately when it comes to skipping and playing back the current song. I'm using the Pro version of this app and whenever I'm trying to playback the current song by tapping the button on my headphones 3x, it doesn't replay the song but goes back to the previous track! This also happens when tapping the button 2x, instead of playing the song, it skips it and plays the one next to it. It seems like to skip it by either playing the previous track or the next track. I've already tried different settings and different headsets but no luck. This only happens when the screen is off. Other than that everything is working properly for the app except WHEN TRYING TO PLAYBACK THE CURRENT SONG PLAYING. I know this sounds silly, but it really is a big factor especially when you're on the go. Hope this gets fixed soon. My phone is a Nokia 6 (TA-1021) running Android 8.1 with the latest security patch. Thanks!

Please click the headphone 1x to start playing, 2x or 3x may trigger other operations, such as skip to previous, skip to next.

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your great and consistent development and support for the - personally - most amazing music player app! That being said, I do have a feature request. Would you consider adding a sorting functionality to playlists? That way we would still be able to sort the list e.g. alphabetically after creating it.

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Pinnie

djnikkofb

Jan 19, 2009
if no one has asked. can you please add a recovery duplicate some in next update please. thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ivoe

First....
Ads... Just freaking why? BTW I mean the f word.

Second how can you justify a paid app for music... I mean I would rather just deal with Spotify or Pandora then you.

Third
Ads reallllly? Sad AF today's mainstream is developed under the fact of ads.

Never will try this app due to the lack of developer insight on what a "android" user will want.
I rooted to rid myself of ads and paying for trash no one wants

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your great and consistent development and support for the - personally - most amazing music player app! That being said, I do have a feature request. Would you consider adding a sorting functionality to playlists? That way we would still be able to sort the list e.g. alphabetically after creating it.

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Pinnie

Playlist is sequence aware, that is why currently there is not sorting methods for it. But you can drag and drop to re-arrange the song sequence manually.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
First....
Ads... Just freaking why? BTW I mean the f word.

Second how can you justify a paid app for music... I mean I would rather just deal with Spotify or Pandora then you.

Third
Ads reallllly? Sad AF today's mainstream is developed under the fact of ads.

Never will try this app due to the lack of developer insight on what a "android" user will want.
I rooted to rid myself of ads and paying for trash no one wants

1. There is no ads in this app.

2. There is paid features such as equalizer and themes in premium version.

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
Playlist is sequence aware, that is why currently there is not sorting methods for it. But you can drag and drop to re-arrange the song sequence manually.
Thank you for your quick answer. Yes, I do know that this is the case and that I can rearrange the sequence by dragging and dropping songs. However, if you have large playlists (let's say 100+ songs), rearranging the sequence is quite a hassle because there is no easy way to do so. I hope that my suggestion is a bit clearer now ;)

Again, have a nice day!
Pinnie

AC130PL

Sep 16, 2017
Rzeszów
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi :D Today I found a strange problem... So polish is my native language, I copied new songs to my phone's internal storage and two of them have polish characters. Pulsar has problem with "reading" them, Poweramp for example is working fine... AIMP on Windows 7 also doesn't have any problem. What's interesting- I have other songs with polish characters and Pulsar normally recognized them. I don't know, what is going on, maybe the author broke something ? You can see it on screenshots. Thanks for answer ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180720-224927.jpg
    Screenshot_20180720-224927.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_20180720-224944.jpg
    Screenshot_20180720-224944.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 170

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Hi :D Today I found a strange problem... So polish is my native language, I copied new songs to my phone's internal storage and two of them have polish characters. Pulsar has problem with "reading" them, Poweramp for example is working fine... AIMP on Windows 7 also doesn't have any problem. What's interesting- I have other songs with polish characters and Pulsar normally recognized them. I don't know, what is going on, maybe the author broke something You can see it on screenshots. Thanks for answer

This is an encoding problem. Android encoding detection may not be as smart as others.

I suggest you can edit tag for these two songs, using the correct text and then press save, Pulsar will make sure to use the right encoding to save to Android media database.

Apr 15, 2018
Can we see these features in pics ?!
Plus a drag and drop specialization
Without the need of creating a playlist or a queue ?!
And sort by data created not data added ?
Cheers
IMG_20180725_183546.png

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
IMG_20180725_183525.png

AC130PL

Sep 16, 2017
Rzeszów
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is an encoding problem. Android encoding detection may not be as smart as others.

I suggest you can edit tag for these two songs, using the correct text and then press save, Pulsar will make sure to use the right encoding to save to Android media database.
I know I know :) But when I do that Pulsar makes two albumes with the same name- one with "normal" songs, second with edited

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Can we see these features in pics ?!
Plus a drag and drop specialization
Without the need of creating a playlist or a queue ?!
And sort by data created not data added ?
Cheers
IMG_20180725_183546.png

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
IMG_20180725_183525.png

Playlist backup will be supported in future releases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: support@rhmsoft.com.
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to support@rhmsoft.com. Thanks!
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.