[ROM][8.1.0_r36][OFFICIAL] Cosmic-OS v3.2 - Pulsar [oneplus2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
This ROM forces encryption at boot
Pulsar.png

A special TWRP is required. The TWRP linked here is NOT the official TWRP and needs to be flashed before flashing the ROM
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Cosmic-OS is a Custom ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

2ixekRa.png

Based on Android 8.1.0 Release 36

# Recents Screen:
- Clear All Recents FAB
- Immersive Recents
- Hide apps from recents
- Recents membar
- Recents Iconpack

# StatusBar:
- StatusBar Items
- VOLTE Switch
- Statusbar Clock Settings
- Carrier Label
- Cosmic Logo
- Statusbar Network Traffic
- Battery Styles
- 4G instead of LTE Switch

# Navigation Bar:
- Navigation Bar Tuner
- Smartbar
- Fling Navigation Bar
- Navbar Pulse
- Navbar Height/Width adjustment

# Lockscreen:
- Lockscreen Weather
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Lockscreen Visualizer
- Lockscreen Media Art
- Lockscreen Charging Info
- Lockscreen Quick Unlock
- Lockscreen Pin Scramble

# Gestures:
- Double Tap to sleep Options for StatusBar, Navigation Bar and Lockscreen
- Flashlight Toggle
- Brightness Control
- Three Finger Gesture for Screenshot
- Screen Off Power Button Touch toggle

# Notifications:
- Incall Vibration Options
- Headsup customisations
- Notification Ticker
- Ambient Music Ticker
- Always on Display Toggle
- Notifications Light
- Battery Charging Light

# Quick Settings:
- Smart Pulldown options
- QS panel Columns and Rows
- Bottom Brightness Slider
- Brightness Slider related options

# Buttons:
- Do not Disturb Switch
- Volume Rocker Music Controls
- Volume Buttons Swap
- Volume Rocker Cursor Control
- Volume Rocker Wake

# Miscellaneous:
- Extended Restart
- Dashboard Conditions Toggle
- Night Mode Options
- Battery Usage Alerts
- Wakelock Blocker
- Alarm Blocker
- Wake on Plug
- CPU Info Switch
- Font Engine
- Pixel Navigation Bar
- Android P Animations toggle
- Full Substratum Support
- Customised Pixel Launcher

# Featured Stuffs:
- Themes Manager
- Cosmic-OS Wallpapers
- Cosmic-OS App
- Adaptive Icons

And many more being added regulary!

BmbVYdG.png

Instructions for flashing:
Download ROM and GApps.
Copy ROM and GApps to internal storage.
Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
Flash ROM and GApps (And any mods you use)
Enjoy :p

Instructions for update:
Download ROM and GApps.

Note: First boot and boots after every update can take some time. They may even loop a few times. We do not support custom kernels or mods like MultiROM. If you have an issue, make sure your edits aren't interfering with the issue you're reporting.

uj1kIuX.png

Official Builds | GApps | TWRP

80jWNpg.png

Device Tree | Kernel | ROM

Credits

-@sagarshah1729(Founder/Lead Developer)
-@Sid_Sun(Contributor)
-@Agent_fabulous(Contributor)
- Nitrogen Project
- LineageOS
- AOSCP
- OmniROM
- ABC ROM
- Dirty Unicorns
- Kabou Zeid for Phonograph

Have a feature request? Don't spam here. Visit our Google Plus community or Telegram group
Cosmic-OS Official Website:
Cosmic-OS
Cosmic-OS Google Plus community:
G+
Cosmic-OS Official Telegram group:
Telegram

Support Us
Hello, Gracious human! if you like our work, you may support us by donating:
Paypal
PayTM

XDA:DevDB Information
Cosmic-OS for oneplus 2, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
anupritaisno1, sagarshah1729
Source Code: https://github.com/Cosmic-OS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: OOS 3.6.1 firmware required

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Pulsar
Stable Release Date: 2018-07-19

Created 2018-07-19
Last Updated 2018-08-01

Last edited:

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Ok first of all a bit of a blunder happened here. My internet connection was a bit bad and nothing happened on pressing the submit button so I pressed it several times and 5 duplicate threads came up. Mods will have to look into it

Edit: to mods, I sent this thread for application so please don't move this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: rizkhanjra

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Btw if you guys have issues with mounting data after flashing the ROM use my enhanced twrp build and it will work just fine

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
I tried to search the thread (previous, this is way too new) for the answer, but it can't find the solution. Oneplus 2 has this physical alert slider, which is one of the best features of this phone imo. Now I can't seem to get it to work on this rom, for some reason. I switch it up or down without any changes.. Adding a new rule or state wont help eather. Is this a bug or is it so, that this rom just simply does not support the slider button?

Edit: Wanted to add that I switched to this rom just today and am still tweaking it to my liking.

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
I tried to search the thread (previous, this is way too new) for the answer, but it can't find the solution. Oneplus 2 has this physical alert slider, which is one of the best features of this phone imo. Now I can't seem to get it to work on this rom, for some reason. I switch it up or down without any changes.. Adding a new rule or state wont help eather. Is this a bug or is it so, that this rom just simply does not support the slider button?

Edit: Wanted to add that I switched to this rom just today and am still tweaking it to my liking.

Alert slider was an addition from a lineageos repo that cosmic didn't update at all for Oreo so I had to remove it for a while

You can expect it to be back in the next builds

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
Alert slider was an addition from a lineageos repo that cosmic didn't update at all for Oreo so I had to remove it for a while

You can expect it to be back in the next builds
Ok, thank you for your swift answer! But damn, I like /use the slider often enough this to be a major shortcoming of the ROM. Everything else seems good (or better than my previous ROM). So I think I'll have to come back for this an other time when (or if) the physical slider works..

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Ok, thank you for your swift answer! But damn, I like /use the slider often enough this to be a major shortcoming of the ROM. Everything else seems good (or better than my previous ROM). So I think I'll have to come back for this an other time when (or if) the physical slider works..

I think I've fixed the bug, you mind flashing a test build?

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
I think I've fixed the bug, you mind flashing a test build?
Haha, I would, but after flashing this rom I can't flash anything else in TWRP. It says that internal memory is 0. Tried to fix this by changing the memory file type and by reflashing newest TWRP through adb, but no luck..! Actually, after changing file type I can see see the internal memory, but every time I reboot the phone I have to initialize it from the scratch and it goes back to 0 (in TWRP, otherwise memory is accessible through the phone. So I can put the new rom an gapps,but twrp wont see them)

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

So, can I flash the new rom through adb or some other way, coz the rom wont let me use the TWRP..

Or is there a way to enable otg without TWRP(coz i can't root throug there) so I could flash a new rom from a flash drive?

Last edited:

mixteco

Aug 6, 2012
No SIM detected

My problem is kind of strange, No SIM is detect but I get LTE connection and can connect to internet, can send sms, invoming calls are working.... The big problem SIM is not detected so I can't make calls.

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Haha, I would, but after flashing this rom I can't flash anything else in TWRP. It says that internal memory is 0. Tried to fix this by changing the memory file type and by reflashing newest TWRP through adb, but no luck..! Actually, after changing file type I can see see the internal memory, but every time I reboot the phone I have to initialize it from the scratch and it goes back to 0 (in TWRP, otherwise memory is accessible through the phone. So I can put the new rom an gapps,but twrp wont see them)

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

So, can I flash the new rom through adb or some other way, coz the rom wont let me use the TWRP..

Or is there a way to enable otg without TWRP(coz i can't root throug there) so I could flash a new rom from a flash drive?
I updated the first post. Please read it again

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
Well, thanks, but I kinda got the phone to work properly already. Just had to factory reset everything, then move a rom(and gapps) from computer (via the usb cable BEFORE rebooting the phone and initializing the rom) to the phone and flash it. The thing is, that I had to flash another rom than this (went with AEX) for this to work and I am not touching this rom even with a long stick (we have this saying in Finland; meaning I'm keeping away from this, if it was not clear..) for a while(I will be back, when I forget this debacle), coz it cost me 24h hardship in agonizin over the fix (I am really not that good with this technical stuff) and good 30€ (well, it will be 20€, coz one cable I can return) money in me trying to buy a proper otg-cable and usb-C adapter. Not to mention the factory reset in itself; haven't had to do this while changing roms since 5 years ago with Huawei u8800.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Though I would be grateful, if you could tell which camera app your rom is using, coz that worked great while AEX keeps taking dark photos using flash...

Last edited:

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Well, thanks, but I kinda got the phone to work properly already. Just had to factory reset everything, then move a rom(and gapps) from computer (via the usb cable BEFORE rebooting the phone and initializing the rom) to the phone and flash it. The thing is, that I had to flash another rom than this (went with AEX) for this to work and I am not touching this rom even with a long stick (we have this saying in Finland; meaning I'm keeping away from this, if it was not clear..) for a while(I will be back, when I forget this debacle), coz it cost me 24h hardship in agonizin over the fix (I am really not that good with this technical stuff) and good 30€ (well, it will be 20€, coz one cable I can return) money in me trying to buy a proper otg-cable and usb-C adapter. Not to mention the factory reset in itself; haven't had to do this while changing roms since 5 years ago with Huawei u8800.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Though I would be grateful, if you could tell which camera app your rom is using, coz that worked great while AEX keeps taking dark photos using flash...

Btw the fact that an unofficial build of twrp would be needed was already mentioned in the thread. It just wasn't on the top of the opening post. It's not my problem if you didn't read

This ROM uses disk quotas to calculate space used by each app more efficiently. Doing so requires a conversion of your /data partition. Android handles this automatically at boot but twrp needs to be recompiled to support this

Further reading
https://source.android.com/devices/storage/faster-stats

Vk_

Jun 23, 2011
Btw the fact that an unofficial build of twrp would be needed was already mentioned in the thread. It just wasn't on the top of the opening post. It's not my problem if you didn't read

This ROM uses disk quotas to calculate space used by each app more efficiently. Doing so requires a conversion of your /data partition. Android handles this automatically at boot but twrp needs to be recompiled to support this

Further reading
https://source.android.com/devices/storage/faster-stats

I wasn't blaming you. The first few lines in every rom are warnings and it's alwys instller's fault if something goes wrong! You have used your precious time to give this for us for free! I'm just frustrated, that it took me this long to untangle this mess. Actually, this (the fact that it was mentioned) explains why I didn't find anything in the thread; me being the only dumbass to install it without reding...:laugh:

Bdw, this custom twrp, does it work only with this rom, or is it viable to use with the othes that are out there as well? I mean, I'm actually not all that crazy about AEX and liked your rom better, just don't want all the hassle in case I forget I have unofichial twrp installed next time I change roms. ...and you fixed the alert slider, which I actully want to test...:laugh:

Edit: I have to correct myself here: I'm liking AEX more and more, tweaking it around to my liking. Had to mention to not to badmouth it.

Last edited:

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
I wasn't blaming you. The first few lines in every rom are warnings and it's alwys instller's fault if something goes wrong! You have used your precious time to give this for us for free! I'm just frustrated, that it took me this long to untangle this mess. Actually, this (the fact that it was mentioned) explains why I didn't find anything in the thread; me being the only dumbass to install it without reding...:laugh:

Please reach out to glassrom's customer and tech support on discord here https://discord.gg/G2FHph

It seems you need issues resolved rather quickly, which obviously can't be done here

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM forces encryption at boot
    Pulsar.png

A special TWRP is required. The TWRP linked here is NOT the official TWRP and needs to be flashed before flashing the ROM
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Cosmic-OS is a Custom ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

2ixekRa.png

Based on Android 8.1.0 Release 36

# Recents Screen:
    - Clear All Recents FAB
    - Immersive Recents
    - Hide apps from recents
    - Recents membar
    - Recents Iconpack

# StatusBar:
    - StatusBar Items
    - VOLTE Switch
    - Statusbar Clock Settings
    - Carrier Label
    - Cosmic Logo
    - Statusbar Network Traffic
    - Battery Styles
    - 4G instead of LTE Switch

# Navigation Bar:
    - Navigation Bar Tuner
    - Smartbar
    - Fling Navigation Bar
    - Navbar Pulse
    - Navbar Height/Width adjustment

# Lockscreen:
    - Lockscreen Weather
    - Lockscreen Shortcuts
    - Lockscreen Visualizer
    - Lockscreen Media Art
    - Lockscreen Charging Info
    - Lockscreen Quick Unlock
    - Lockscreen Pin Scramble

# Gestures:
    - Double Tap to sleep Options for StatusBar, Navigation Bar and Lockscreen
    - Flashlight Toggle
    - Brightness Control
    - Three Finger Gesture for Screenshot
    - Screen Off Power Button Touch toggle

# Notifications:
    - Incall Vibration Options
    - Headsup customisations
    - Notification Ticker
    - Ambient Music Ticker
    - Always on Display Toggle
    - Notifications Light
    - Battery Charging Light

# Quick Settings:
    - Smart Pulldown options
    - QS panel Columns and Rows
    - Bottom Brightness Slider
    - Brightness Slider related options

# Buttons:
    - Do not Disturb Switch
    - Volume Rocker Music Controls
    - Volume Buttons Swap
    - Volume Rocker Cursor Control
    - Volume Rocker Wake

# Miscellaneous:
    - Extended Restart
    - Dashboard Conditions Toggle
    - Night Mode Options
    - Battery Usage Alerts
    - Wakelock Blocker
    - Alarm Blocker
    - Wake on Plug
    - CPU Info Switch
    - Font Engine
    - Pixel Navigation Bar
    - Android P Animations toggle
    - Full Substratum Support
    - Customised Pixel Launcher

# Featured Stuffs:
    - Themes Manager
    - Cosmic-OS Wallpapers
    - Cosmic-OS App
    - Adaptive Icons

And many more being added regulary!

BmbVYdG.png

Instructions for flashing:
    Download ROM and GApps.
    Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    Enjoy :p

Instructions for update:
    Download ROM and GApps.

Note: First boot and boots after every update can take some time. They may even loop a few times. We do not support custom kernels or mods like MultiROM. If you have an issue, make sure your edits aren't interfering with the issue you're reporting.

uj1kIuX.png

Official Builds | GApps | TWRP

80jWNpg.png

Device Tree | Kernel | ROM

Credits

-@sagarshah1729(Founder/Lead Developer)
    -@Sid_Sun(Contributor)
    -@Agent_fabulous(Contributor)
    - Nitrogen Project
    - LineageOS
    - AOSCP
    - OmniROM
    - ABC ROM
    - Dirty Unicorns
    - Kabou Zeid for Phonograph

Have a feature request? Don't spam here. Visit our Google Plus community or Telegram group
    Cosmic-OS Official Website:
    Cosmic-OS
    Cosmic-OS Google Plus community:
    G+
    Cosmic-OS Official Telegram group:
    Telegram

Support Us
    Hello, Gracious human! if you like our work, you may support us by donating:
    Paypal
    PayTM

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cosmic-OS for oneplus 2, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    anupritaisno1, sagarshah1729
    Source Code: https://github.com/Cosmic-OS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 3.6.1 firmware required

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Pulsar
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-19

Created 2018-07-19
    Last Updated 2018-08-01
    I always liked cosmic OS, will have a look into it later today. Nice to have another good ROM back for the OP2.
    Alert slider fixed. Confirmed by beta testers it's working
    Also I'd like to add

The next build will add hardware accelerated encryption and enforce it at boot

You can't switch from cosmic-os/glassrom to any other ROM because of 2 things
    Platform signatures will change and the keymaster might recycle your key. Be careful because this means that data can't be decrypted even with the password

No ROMs other than cosmic-os and glassrom support hardware accelerated encryption so they'll have a hard time decrypting data

So if you want to switch from the next build onwards you'll have to format data in TWRP

Is this my problem? No, other ROMs should have followed the CTS and enabled these features on oreo as directed by Google. If they wish to use the "but we're not a manufacturer ROM" reason it's their problem and I couldn't care less if you switch to a ROM that doesn't follow the CTS carefully
    Yeah, but i flashed the unofficial test build which a guy asked me to test on july 18th. So that time this thread was not started... And wmbrucker helped me out by letting me know about ur enhanced twrp..

Somebody from the beta testers group leaked the build. It was not ready for official release at that time yet people flashed it. Quite catastrophic

I've said this before but I'll say it again, this ROM and all my other Oreo ROMs use a new filesystem feature to prevent apps from abusing the device's storage. TWRP's kernel needs to be updated to support this new feature