3,885 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,099

By crachel, Retired Senior Moderator on 31st July 2010, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2014, 01:20 AM |#781  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I have setup Display On to do the following below. I have display off set to turn off wifi and data

Display On

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

16th April 2014, 04:33 PM |#782  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Need Help - WhatsAPP
Hi,

I have unusual request and wondering if it is even possible. I would like Tasker to send a notification via PushBullet when a certain contact is online in WhatsApp. Is this even possible? or send the last seen time of a contact via pushbullet at regular interval.

Thanks,
23rd April 2014, 08:39 PM |#783  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotherm

I guess a screenshot would be the only way to go then.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. You can find a way to decrypt them using google. OR you could just use this app: https://github.com/pato/snapsaver. It's open source. It pulls pics out of the cache and isn't detected by snapchat. I'm pretty sure you need root though.
22nd September 2014, 07:12 AM |#784  
Flag SURAT
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hii all ! I want to greenify whatsapp when there is not internet connection or wifi connected and wake up when my cell connect to any of that network but dnt know hot to do that with tasker !! Any help will be appreciated !!

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to saiyammorakhiya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saiyammorakhiya Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 12:07 PM |#785  
Flag Prabumulih
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyammorakhiya

Hii all ! I want to greenify whatsapp when there is not internet connection or wifi connected and wake up when my cell connect to any of that network but dnt know hot to do that with tasker !! Any help will be appreciated !!

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk

1. create new profile
2. add contexts:
a. State -> Net -> Mobile Network (check all the network modes and dont forget to check INVERT <--- for no internet connection condition as per your request)
b. State -> Wifi connected (fill in your wifi configuration)
3. Enter Task:
a. Plugin --> Hibernate Now --> select whatsapp
4. Add Exit Task (by hold pressing on the ENTER TASK created back then until Task Menu shows up)
a. Wait --> Put 1 minutes or anything suitable to you (in order to prevent hibernate and wake up repeated in close time)
b. Plugin --> Wake Up --> select whatsapp
5. enjoy!
21st April 2017, 07:41 PM |#786  
Flag Tomelilla
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Just realized this is a very old thread, but I gotta ask anyway.

Since I'm a poweruser of Android, regular Android backups are a fact. Seeing the possibility to automate the process gave me goosebumps...
I use Flash fire and Titanium Backup on my device, so I need to ask if this could be made to work with one of these (preferably Flashforward) apps?
22nd April 2017, 12:27 AM |#787  
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Flaya

Just realized this is a very old thread, but I gotta ask anyway.

Since I'm a poweruser of Android, regular Android backups are a fact. Seeing the possibility to automate the process gave me goosebumps...
I use Flash fire and Titanium Backup on my device, so I need to ask if this could be made to work with one of these (preferably Flashforward) apps?

See this
The Following User Says Thank You to iPAQ 6515a User For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iPAQ 6515a User Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 02:36 AM |#788  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You're welcome to move this to a better fitting thread. TSKR profile request
How could a Tasker profile convert Messenger texts to the same time in a different time zone or scheduled automatically from a context such as online/offline and location of message recipient?
For example, I have a friend on the exact opposite time zone who prefers I text him at 8 pm, but it is not convenient for me to text him at MY 8 am.
Also, I want to make the profile able to recognize who the sender is and be configurable by convenient time of a user regardless of time zone, and only activate based on time zone when the need arises (i.e. it recognizes the time zone of the person you're messaging.
I know this must require root or at least plugins, possibly Xposed. I am hoping to avoid rooting, but if I have to for this I will.

I don't have a lot of time to tinker with system settings or learn Tasker, and I am asking for help because I am in college and it would help me to reduce daily screen time and focus on education.

I also know this may not be possible, but I believe that the part about scheduling is possible, so if no one knows of a way to "convert" time zones, does anyone know how to schedule messenger texts in a way that they automatically send at a certain time based on different contacts? I use "Messages" (the stock app) for SMS, and I am hoping to achieve this profile for both stock and FB messenger. Any advice is appreciated. Try to explain in the most simple terms since i am very new to tasker and do not understand its "language" fluently. Thank you for any help, hope this question makes sense

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenscott

How could a Tasker profile convert Messenger texts to the same time in a different time zone or scheduled automatically from a context such as online/offline and location of message recipient?
For example, I have a friend on the exact opposite time zone who prefers I text him at 8 pm, but it is not convenient for me to text him at MY 8 am.
Also, I want to make the profile able to recognize who the sender is and be configurable by convenient time of a user regardless of time zone, and only activate based on time zone when the need arises (i.e. it recognizes the time zone of the person you're messaging.
I know this must require root or at least plugins, possibly Xposed. I am hoping to avoid rooting, but if I have to for this I will.

I don't have a lot of time to tinker with system settings or learn Tasker, and I am asking for help because I am in college and it would help me to reduce daily screen time and focus on education.

I also know this may not be possible, but I believe that the part about scheduling is possible, so if no one knows of a way to "convert" time zones, does anyone know how to schedule messenger texts in a way that they automatically send at a certain time based on different contacts? I use "Messages" (the stock app) for SMS, and I am hoping to achieve this profile for both stock and FB messenger. Any advice is appreciated. Try to explain in the most simple terms since i am very new to tasker and do not understand its "language" fluently. Thank you for any help, hope this question makes sense

BTW, I'm on stock android 5.1.1 with SM-G530P
9th February 2018, 02:49 PM |#789  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Does anyone know your to turn on Dolby atmos when a call or text is received?
27th July 2018, 10:48 PM |#790  
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
Hey,

I have been trying to set up a task, where the WiFi is automatically switched off if the phone is not connected to a network. In this way, I would never have to worry about the battery being drained by constant WiFi network lookup.

I set up something, that does not work.... it connects and disconnectes perpetually.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)