[APP] Pay Enabler (Google Pay on Oreo outside US/UK/ES/AU/CA etc.)

Search This thread

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
I tried using accessibility API to simulate taps on Enable button. It works fine on phone but unfortunately not on Wear. Everything except simulating input (at least clicks) works. I'm asking about this on G+ (Android Wear Developers).

However latest update v0.4 that I'm pushing right now checks for state of Google Pay in background (for a short while after Pay Enabler is started) and launches it once it's enabled. Tapping [Open] is no longer needed.

Reactions: Kiwi_Dude and janla

calchung

Jul 4, 2009
Kowloon
Thanks. Made my life easier with PayEnabler while stupid Google ruined my Huawei Watch 2 by stopping Google Pay in Oreo.

Tried to pay in supermarket, but couldnt find the Google Pay app suddenly in my watch. It was embarassing that it took me 3 minutes in the cashier to enable the Google Pay and many other customers behind me.

Makcum

Feb 1, 2007
It doesn't matter.
You cannot add unsupported cards (countries) anymore.
Make sure you do not reset your phone or watch 'cause you wont be able to add card back again. (noticed it yesterday) after full phone and watch reset.

Reactions: moneytoo

fkrone

May 25, 2011
Stuttgart
I got my watch today in Germany and installed the app from the Play Store. However, every time I open the app, it just redirects me to the Play Store which shows that Google Pay is currently not supported in my country. Any workaround for that?

rico33333

Jul 27, 2016
I got my watch today in Germany and installed the app from the Play Store. However, every time I open the app, it just redirects me to the Play Store which shows that Google Pay is currently not supported in my country. Any workaround for that?

Yes you need a Google Account from an country where Google Pay for Smartwatches is active. I have one from the US (created with VPN). You can add the second account without removing your normal one. ;)

After that you should be able to activate it. :)

Reactions: fkrone

Kelvinzy

Sep 22, 2007
Yes you need a Google Account from an country where Google Pay for Smartwatches is active. I have one from the US (created with VPN). You can add the second account without removing your normal one. ;)

After that you should be able to activate it. :)

Your message inspried me
I'm in Hong Kong now, and I have an us google account, both local and US account all added in my LG watch sport google pay
so yesterday I switch google pay to my us account first, then added my previonsly successed VISA card, problem still exist, need to active pay enabler again and again for a while
but when I switch back to my original local google account, and added again for my previonsly used VISA card, problem seems solved!!

now already 24 hours passed, no need to active pay enabler again , google pay doesnt disppear any more
and also made a several transaction successfully.
but the situation is:
I disable my phone to connect my watch through BT , I'm afraid of when watch connect to my phone, the google pay will fail again
now I just connect my watch to WIFI.

Last edited:

Kelvinzy

Sep 22, 2007
Your message inspried me
I'm in Hong Kong now, and I have an us google account, both local and US account all added in my LG watch sport google pay
so yesterday I switch google pay to my us account first, then added my previonsly successed VISA card, problem still exist, need to active pay enabler again and again for a while
but when I switch back to my original local google account, and added again for my previonsly used VISA card, problem seems solved!!

now already 24 hours passed, no need to active pay enabler again , google pay doesnt disppear any more
and also made a several transaction successfully.
but the situation is:
I disable my phone to connect my watch through BT , I'm afraid of when watch connect to my phone, the google pay will fail again
now I just connect my watch to WIFI.

Oh
sorry to say that:
after a long while, google pay finally disappeared, still need pay enabler for assistent to activate again.

Tr4sHCr4fT

Jul 31, 2011
Germany now officially got G.Pay, but no Watch-Pay!

It's installable from PlayStore - thus no VPN required?

Mir1189

Apr 16, 2018
I installed G. Pay from the store as usual to Watch, however Slovakia is still not in the list of supported countries.

App works as expected, payments were realized, but the app will disable itself when watch are not on hand, or over some time. Enabler in this regard work as a "shortcut" but in general... i dont see any reason why it should not work.

Csaba8472

Jan 13, 2011
Hi

I live in Hungary and I tried to install your app but I couldn't enable it from store(isn't available in your country) so I deployed from source and used enableApp method. It works partially because the google pay icon is there and openable but it doesn't work because "Android Pay is unavailable".

I tried with vpn but doesn't work either. Do you have any ideas how could I make it work?

I have a LG Watch Sport with Wear OS 1.3 and Android 8.0.0

Thanks!

UPDATE:
It works, had to update Android Pay from play store on watch :)

UPDATE2:
So it seems, there are 2 activation methods in the source code and if your watch only have google pay(you're outside uk/us and never updated to google pay) you should activate that with the commented out method and after that you can update android pay in play store then deploy again but now with the original enabler method.

Last edited:

janla

Apr 21, 2011
Warszawa
Poland and Russia added to officially supported countries. I realised this when the pay enabler suddenly stopped work. Now i can run GP directly on watch.

Reactions: vulterey

vulterey

Aug 26, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Now when Google Pay is back to smartwatches in Poland, I would like to thank moneyto for providing us with such us great workaround for the time when Google Pay was not available. Thank you very much for your hard work.

Reactions: janla

nils.pap

Feb 22, 2013
Hey all, I'm trying to get Pay enabler to work but can't get it right.
When I open the app it just points me to Google Pay in the app store and that says "This item isn't available in your country".
Any workarounds?

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Version 5 (uploaded here at XDA, check first post) includes Accessibility service that automates tapping "Enable". Let me know if anyone still uses enabler, need support for their language and/or if the latest update works. ;)

Reactions: dariett

IVO_

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks a lot for the update!

I just bought a Huawei Watch 2 and I was about to return it because in Ireland Google Pay it doesn't work yet :(
Even if especially with your latest update it's much more usable, I'm not sure if it's really worth it...

Is there no way of automating this somehow so when Play Services disable the app, your app re-enables it automatically?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Pay stopped being officially supported/working on Android Wear (starting with the Oreo update) outside US/UK: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ate-disables-android-pay-users-outside-us-uk/ and https://support.google.com/androidwear/thread/26579

I created small proof of concept app that streamlines launching/enabling of Android Pay so even with it disabled, it will only take up to two additional taps to pay with Android Pay:

1. Launch "Pay Enabler" (instead of Android Pay). If Android Pay is already enabled, Pay Enabler will just launch it directly.
    2. Tap "Enable" (not needed since version 5, requires Accessibility service)
    3. Tap "Open" (not needed since version 4)
    Note 1: Google started geo blocking Google Pay on Wear OS H (Android Pie/9) so Pay Enabler doesn't work on newest firmwares. It still works on Oreo.
    Note 2: When connected to iOS, Play Store requires standalone connectivity (WiFi or cellular data) for enabling as it doesn't use caches (unlike when paired with Android).

HQ8zTr0.gif

Download
    Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brouken.wear.payenabler
    Source: https://github.com/moneytoo/PayEnabler

They added few more countries but there is still dozen more countries affected.
    To use Google Pay on your watch, you need to: Be in the US, UK, Italy, Spain, Australia, Canada, Poland, Russia, or Germany.
    https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7293863

Update 2018/11/19:
    Uploaded Pay Enabler version 5 here to XDA (not on Play Store, yet). It uses Accessibility service to automate enabling of Google Pay, no more tapping "Enable". (Source is also available on Github.)
    • Requires manual enabling in "Settings -> Accessibility -> Pay Enabler".
    • Works only with English - texts "Google Pay" and "Enable". Post texts in your languages and I will include them (That shouldn't be necessary as of version 5d which supports two dozens of languages - at least for the "Enable" button).
    • Accessibility service is registered only for Play Store so it shouldn't cause basically any battery drain (as it doesn't poll anything)

Update 2018/11/29:
    Version 5 submitted to the Play Store.

Update 2018/12/16:
    Version 6 fixes detection of the enable button in some non English languages (cs, fi, hi, ko, th).
    Im in Australia, Google play store says my device is not compatible with this app.
    Downloaded the version 1 and 3 apk, but upon installing it says there is a problem with parsing the package.
    Help?

The app is compatible only with Android Wear devices running Android Oreo. You must either select your watch when installing from web or search for Pay Enabler in Play Store directly on your watch. It's standalone app for Android Wear and nothing gets installed elsewhere.
    I tried using accessibility API to simulate taps on Enable button. It works fine on phone but unfortunately not on Wear. Everything except simulating input (at least clicks) works. I'm asking about this on G+ (Android Wear Developers).

However latest update v0.4 that I'm pushing right now checks for state of Google Pay in background (for a short while after Pay Enabler is started) and launches it once it's enabled. Tapping [Open] is no longer needed.
    For me I have no issue yet, never got 8.0 and I do not want it.
    I bought this watch for Android Pay and it has worked fine since May 2017.
    Even though I hate Samsung for abandoning Android Wear, I maybe forced in time to try Samsung Pay; I know my Canadian Bank supports Samsung Pay.

Anybody have any clue why Android Pay on the Android Wear watch only works in the US, UK when other countries support it ?
    This app is a good solution until Google finally fixes. Thank you!

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
    Me too. After updated to Android H Google pay will tells me that it is not available in my country yet.

It's really annoying as that was the only reason I went with Wear OS over Samsung as Samsung Pay isn't supported by my bank. Now there's no real advantage to having Wear as most of the apps suck, battery sucks, and it's running a laggy processor. I don't understand why Google officially made Pay available for the phone but not the watch. I don't understand how the treat them completely different as it couldn't be a legal thing as it's just a different device. With Samsung pay, if it's available on the phone then it's automatically available on the watch.