[Q] Titanium Backup has lines through apps

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By retnuh, Senior Member on 25th May 2011, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2017, 08:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Restore file list has strikethrough / greyed out text and fails to restore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

On the front page of tibu hit the menu button, choose batch, restore missing apps with data...

If there is a 0 there, go to settings>applications> manage applications>titanium backup> clear data and cache

You obviously have not read this thread. This has been tried and failed. Also, what you explained, is simply the way that TB is supposed to work. Do you not think that if it worked as intended, we would be having these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markline

If you have problem with titanium application backup you must need to hire a developer.

Just because there is a bug/glitch/error in an app does NOT the user does not know what they are doing....

I consider myself a very experienced Android user. I had tried clearing the cache for the app as the first thing I did. I then uninstalled the TB, and rebooted my phone. I then reinstalled TB Root, and the Key. When I try to restore my apps from the External SD card, it lists them all, and has each of them with a line striking the names out. If I select an individual one, and try to restore it, TB pops up the RESTORING dialog box, and sits at 0%. It does the same for each and every app, either individual or in a batch restore. In a batch restore it starts with the last file name, alphabetically, Zillow in my case, and sits at 0%. I let it try to restore one single app with data for well over an hour, and it still remained at 0%

17th January 2018, 01:49 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Did this ever get fixed? I'm having the very same problem after a factory reset
8th August 2018, 05:32 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 787

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightraving

Did this ever get fixed? I'm having the very same problem after a factory reset

Nearly 7 months later and no reply....I'm having the same issue. Been using TiBU for many, many, many years. This is the first I've come into issue with this. Backed up my apps to Box cloud storage and also Google Drive Storage. Google's restore successfully restores almost all of my apps with the exception of a few apps that have a strike-through line. When I checked the TiBU backup folder on Drive for those apps, I noticed that of the three files that TiBU creates for each app (for restoring purposes), two of the three files were missing (so it was a bad backup of those apps to the cloud).

Now, with Box.com....all the app's have their corresponding THREE files that TiBU creates during backups BUT....when restoring everything from Box EVERY single app is crossed out with a strike-through. I've been rooting my phones and using backup services like TiBU since the very first Samsung Galaxy S phone ever. My current issue here resides on the Motorola Nexus 6 stock-rom (but rooted).

I'm stumped.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El7

Nearly 7 months later and no reply....I'm having the same issue. Been using TiBU for many, many, many years. This is the first I've come into issue with this. Backed up my apps to Box cloud storage and also Google Drive Storage. Google's restore successfully restores almost all of my apps with the exception of a few apps that have a strike-through line. When I checked the TiBU backup folder on Drive for those apps, I noticed that of the three files that TiBU creates for each app (for restoring purposes), two of the three files were missing (so it was a bad backup of those apps to the cloud).

Now, with Box.com....all the app's have their corresponding THREE files that TiBU creates during backups BUT....when restoring everything from Box EVERY single app is crossed out with a strike-through. I've been rooting my phones and using backup services like TiBU since the very first Samsung Galaxy S phone ever. My current issue here resides on the Motorola Nexus 6 stock-rom (but rooted).

I'm stumped.

Wait...just saw something right now. Per one poster's suggestion, I decided to restore an app from the Play Store and then open up TiBU to see what happened. I noticed that NOW the RESTORE option (which the word "restore" was always missing in all the striked-through apps) was available. When I selected the Restore button, TiBU asks: Data only?

It would seem that the only DATA was restored to Box.com and not the actual app. I'll confirm this further by trying a few more apps.

Problem is, I think one of my apps was a sideloaded app, patched. shucks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)