[CLOSED] [RECOVERY][TWRP 3.3.0][7.0/8.1/9.0] Galaxy J5 (2017) [17.04.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

seyfi998

May 5, 2018
If you want TWRP for specific J530x Model, please post its stock boot.img (either from stock firmware from samobile) or figure a way to back it up.

I have a j530ym/ds.I downloaded from j530ym recovery file and installed but my device was restarting continuos.What am I do?and I couldn't root my device.Can you help me,please?

Last edited:

jzendrick

Jul 20, 2018
Wifi problem j530f

Sorry if this is not the right thread to ask some help ... But i would like to ask you guys what should i do with my j530f wifi and bluetooth problem... Everytime i restart my phone the wifi password i just input will be erased and i need to login again and yhe bluetooth doesnt work... One more thing i got my unlock code and i input it and it works fine for other networks but every time i turn off the phone when i power it on it asks again for the unlock code...

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Twrp 3.2.3 update

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.goandroid.co.in%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F10%2Funnamed-2.png

GALAXY J5 Pro (2017) TeamWinRecoveryProject

Updated TWRP 3.2.3.0 for J530F/FM/G/GM/S/L/K/Y/YM​

• Based on New TWRP Tree (TWRPBuilder)
  • ARM64 Recovery (2GB+Zip)
  • Working MTP (Windows/Linux)
  • Propper System Mount/unmount
  • EFS/Radio Backup enabled
  • Aroma Support
  • Disabled RED Debug Text
  • Adjusted Partition Sizes

J530 TWRP DEVICE TREE : Github

Download : GoogleDrive

Thanks to TWRPBuilder contributors and a5y17lte tree
@corsicanu
@Dyneteve
@yshalsager

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.goandroid.co.in%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F10%2Funnamed-2.png

• Aroma Support

@corsicanu
@Dyneteve
@yshalsager

can i install without root or first need rooted device ?

KRiST0F

Mar 16, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 9
I'm unable to boot to recovery, when flashed with Odin. In your latest twrp .
I managed to get around this when flasing version 1,
Boot to recovery
Install latest version from twrp itself.

donwizzy

Apr 19, 2017
I followed the steps as indicated and it works perfect installed xposed and work.

thank you very much.

Hi. Tnx for comment. Kindly give instructions & post dwnld links for installing working xposed(with framework) for j530f. Tnx.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

That's correct. Mounting issue it's related to not FORMATTING DATA. Don't use wipe manually. Inside the twrp / wipe there is format data botton

Hi. Pls be gentle with my question. Was able to install twrp 3.2.1.0 and flashed your heliosPro kernel, after which i flashed upgrade of magisk (v17.1), all without clicking dat "format data"--only did swipe to wipe.

Pls as per ur instructions & for encryption-related safety reasons do u think i still need to do "format data" from trwp?

Also i did a full nandroid backup to my fat32 flashdrive via otg, but it refused to "unmount system" after success. Any "invisible" issues with dat, also, what say you?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

TWRP has been updated with latest support for 8.0/8.1
tested and verified on multiple J5 2017. Link in main post inside github releases

Cool!

donwizzy

Apr 19, 2017
I'm unable to boot to recovery, when flashed with Odin. In your latest twrp .
I managed to get around this when flasing version 1,
Boot to recovery
Install latest version from twrp itself.

How to flash .tar or .img file extension in twrp. I thot one could only flash zip files in recovery. Pls how then do i proper upgrade my twrp with d new one having tar or img extension?

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
New TWRP out:
Changes:
  • switched to TwrpBuilder official builds
  • included crypto for LineageOS software encrypted data, thanks to @Option58
  • made preload partition wipeable in recovery
  • included cpefs and m9kefs partitions in backup for safety reasons
Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin
  1. Download Odin v3.13.1
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
  4. Download TWRP_*.tar
  5. Switch off the phone
  6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  9. Click Start
  10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
  12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
TWRP
  • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.
Optional - Download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip to disable data partition encryption
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

All the best!

Last edited:

absvini

Nov 8, 2016

TWRP has been updated with latest support for 8.0/8.1
tested and verified on multiple J5 2017. Link in main post inside github releases

When I install everything and reboot the phone it keeps stuck in "Galaxy J5Pro" screen, help me.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

New TWRP out:
Changes:
  • switched to TwrpBuilder official builds
  • included crypto for LineageOS software encrypted data, thanks to @Option58
  • made preload partition wipeable in recovery
  • included cpefs and m9kefs partitions in backup for safety reasons
Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin
  1. Download Odin v3.13.1
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
  4. Download TWRP_*.tar
  5. Switch off the phone
  6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  9. Click Start
  10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
TWRP
  • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.
Optional - Download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip to disable data partition encryption
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

All the best!

When I install everything and reboot the phone it keeps stuck in "Galaxy J5Pro" screen, help me.

GrilloDuMau

Apr 20, 2018
my j5 is j530g, i use stock rom 8.1 samsung (J530GUBU3BRH5 - GALAXY J5 PRO SM-J530G TPA PANAMA ANDROID 8.1.0).

I would like install magisk with TWRP, but i cant see OEM unlock.

I tried change my date, reboot, everything, but never worked.

Plz, how can i get TWRP for install MAGISK?

Tnx.

djedjy

Oct 16, 2011
my j5 is j530g, i use stock rom 8.1 samsung (J530GUBU3BRH5 - GALAXY J5 PRO SM-J530G TPA PANAMA ANDROID 8.1.0).

I would like install magisk with TWRP, but i cant see OEM unlock.

I tried change my date, reboot, everything, but never worked.

Plz, how can i get TWRP for install MAGISK?

Tnx.
You are RMM locked.
You have post here, on how to skip RMM lock using MiracleBox.

https://t.me/J2017Oreo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Unofficial TWRP 3.3.0 For J5 2017
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Special features:
    Code:
    - built from Pie kernel source
    - built in full 64bit mode
    - updated TWRP source to 3.3
    - Full F2FS Support
    - fully compatible with all Oreo roms

Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin
    1. Download Odin v3.13.1
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    9. Click Start
    TWRP

Sources:
    • J530x device tree - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    Credits:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP_J530, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    ananjaser1211, corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/android_device_samsung_jxy17lte

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-17

Created 2017-12-31
    Last Updated 2019-04-17
    Twrp 3.2.3 update

• Aroma Support

@corsicanu
    @Dyneteve
    @yshalsager

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FAe08b8N.png

TWRP 3.3.0 Based on Omni-7.1 for j5y17lte (Galaxy J5 2017)​

Supports all J530 Models

J5 Tree change-log :-

Fixed ADB
    Full F2FS Support added
    3.18.91 Kernel
    Pie based
    Disabled all security
    Quota enabled
    CPEFS/MKEFS123 Backup added

TWRP 3.3.0 Change-log :-

Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
    Use ANDROID_ROOT variable instead of hard coding to /system (CaptainThrowback)
    Decrypt FBE on 9.0 and metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
    vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback and nijel8)
    Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
    Metadata decrypt support for Pixel 3 (Dees_Troy)
    Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
    Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
    Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
    Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 and 4 (Dees_Troy)
    Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
    Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
    TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
    Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
    Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)

P.S : this has been compiled with the 7.1 Omni source. and is compatible with 8.1 Omni source and possible 9.0.
    at the moment this is the source i have available.

Downloads : J530X
    TWRP 3.2.1.0

TWRP 3.2.1.0 Download ----

J530F : GoogleDrive | Github Release
    J530G : GoogleDrive | Github Release
    J530GM : GoogleDrive | Github Release
    J530Y : GoogleDrive | Github Release
    J530YM : GoogleDrive | Github Release
    Reserved

Reserved