Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,811

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YahyaChagri

I need S OFF to get to stock ... as the thread said
i need to rewrite my cid so i can use RUU from htc site
please tell me that there is a better way

You only need s-off for the method given at the top this thread (to return to stock). However, the method in this thread is long obsolete. There are more up-to-date methods to return to stock (Euro version) that do not require s-off. I've addressed this several times in this thread. I wish folks would read the updates (skim through the last few pages of the more recent posts) on a thread, before following instructions that are over 4 years old! It's really just common sense to do so.

You do NOT need s-off to flash the signed RUU intended for your (Euro) device. Which can be found (with instructions) here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...26&postcount=6

In many cases, it is not recommended to change your CID and flash other version RUUs (for other regions). Doing do will change the phone's band support, and possibly break or otherwise affect the connectivity you have with your local carrier. Unless of course, the specific intent is to change the band support.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free

30th May 2018, 07:47 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
THANK YOU
BTW cmd does not work in windows 10 so i used the data file in the htc m8 toolkit( she cant flash the ruu it self it says " not enough storage") + i copied htc_fastboot.exe with the included fastboot.exe
RUN the cmd.exe
there will be an error and u have to enter the command " htc_fastboot flash zip RUU.zip " twice but the cmd tries to resend but it gets stuck
the trick is to close the cmd before the RUU reboots and then run the cmd.exe again and enter command " htc_fastboot flash zip RUU.zip
31st May 2018, 02:08 PM |#1013  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,811

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YahyaChagri

BTW cmd does not work in windows 10 so i used the data file in the htc m8 toolkit( she cant flash the ruu it self it says " not enough storage") + i copied htc_fastboot.exe with the included fastboot.exe
RUN the cmd.exe
there will be an error and u have to enter the command " htc_fastboot flash zip RUU.zip " twice but the cmd tries to resend but it gets stuck
the trick is to close the cmd before the RUU reboots and then run the cmd.exe again and enter command " htc_fastboot flash zip RUU.zip

If you are having trouble with the fastboot method, then just use SD card method. Rename the RUU zip to 0P6BIMG.zip, copy to SD card, and boot to bootloader, and it will install automatically.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 07:56 PM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The fastboot method worked
SD card didnt work it says no image or wrong image
26th August 2018, 06:26 PM |#1015  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
hi a need the full flashable firmware with the GPT file in it htc one m8s?
28th August 2018, 05:27 PM |#1016  
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 2,078

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter32

hi a need the full flashable firmware with the GPT file in it htc one m8s?

You're in the wrong place. This is for European M8. No other brand.

Sent from my Honor View 10 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)