[ROM][7.1.2][AOSPA] ParanoidAndroid 7.1.3 | Celox [06-16-17]

943 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,791

By bryan2894, Senior Member on 18th February 2014, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2017, 08:43 PM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
In addition to the camera and extended reboot not working, my battery life has tanked with Nougat PA. I wanted to test it with a clean install so I clean wiped and installed PA 7.1.3, using Pico OpenGapps. Overnight the battery dropped 51%! I didn't install anything else or open any other program. I'm back on Lineage and the battery seems fine.
13th July 2017, 09:28 AM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I've gotta try this.... Been on lineage way too long...
But the issues are really gonna hurt me

Here we go
3rd August 2017, 11:20 PM |#543  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
And it works! Absolutely incredible this phone is still usable with the latest version of android
30th August 2017, 06:44 AM |#544  
Flag San Rafael
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Ended up with a black screen? Followed the instructions. Everything was fine until I finished the google sign up stuff. Got to the home screen then in about 2 seconds black screen. Went back and followed the instructions again and same thing? Thoughts?

Update: On third try went slowly through the setup and noticed there was a "System UI" problem click to close. Same result get to the first screen after set up and in about 2 seconds screen goes black.
17th September 2017, 10:29 PM |#545  
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjstew

Ended up with a black screen? Followed the instructions. Everything was fine until I finished the google sign up stuff. Got to the home screen then in about 2 seconds black screen. Went back and followed the instructions again and same thing? Thoughts?

Update: On third try went slowly through the setup and noticed there was a "System UI" problem click to close. Same result get to the first screen after set up and in about 2 seconds screen goes black.

Did you get it resolved? Late reply, I know. I've been having similar issues. After several attempts and failures (system UI, Magisk, etc, etc) got tired of flashing back to stock (via Odin) and following all the steps only to get into other issues
I went back to Slim for the time being.
4th April 2018, 09:33 PM |#546  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,
Tried installing by the instructions. Virtual-TWRP has problems with DATA partition, misplacing it with SDCARD partition. After a few struggles, I copied the files by TWRP file manager from partition to partition and installed OS and GAPPS.
After OS load, apps crashing and I can't proceed to logon.

plz help.
----------
Success using external sd-card, which was not mentioned in the instructions.
20th April 2018, 03:16 PM |#547  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfox1

Hi,
Tried installing by the instructions. Virtual-TWRP has problems with DATA partition, misplacing it with SDCARD partition. After a few struggles, I copied the files by TWRP file manager from partition to partition and installed OS and GAPPS.
After OS load, apps crashing and I can't proceed to logon.

plz help.
----------
Success using external sd-card, which was not mentioned in the instructions.

im using twrp 2.8.7.0 virtual partition and it has no problems with sd card 3.0.0.0 twrp and 3.1.1.0 by brian don't work
29th August 2018, 08:37 PM |#548  
Flag On the web
Thanks Meter: 100

More
I need help. I have an old S2 Skyrocket that I mostly use to listen to music. I was using a SLIM ROM but was running out of space for updates, so decided to try this one, for the extra space that virtualization would provide.
I followed the instructions posted by the OP and everything seemed fine, but when I started using the ROM I noticed that the file explorer (tried several different ones, like ES File Explorer) was not being able to access the main storage (the internal SD card): I was getting error messages such as "Loading Error! Access denied". However, if I go to Settings > Storage > Explore, I can see all the folders and files. It shows 4.07 Gb used of 14.68 Gb. I am not using a microSD card.
If I connect the phone to the PC via USB, I see "Internal Shared Storage" with all the folders and files.
I repeated the flashing/installation process several times, always going back to stock first, but ended up with the same results.
I can install apps from the Google Play, but if I want for example to copy an apk file from the PC to the phone and then execute it on the phone, I have no means to access and execute the apk file on the phone using an explorer app. Aptoide is also failing.
Other than that, everything seems to be working fine, the phone is much faster than it used to be. Any ideas of what is the issue and how to fix it?
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aospa, paranoidandroid, skyrocket

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)