Thanks Meter: 993

By nolinuxnoparty, Account currently disabled on 6th October 2013, 10:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2013, 03:34 PM |#11  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
I have been using the Vanir rom on my GS3 for a couple days and I love the speed and smoothness. I look forward to using this on my Nook HD if it gets working. Any updates?
The Following User Says Thank You to natefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift natefish Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 03:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish

I have been using the Vanir rom on my GS3 for a couple days and I love the speed and smoothness. I look forward to using this on my Nook HD if it gets working. Any updates?

Here is an unofficial build I did that boots up fine:
vanir_ovation-UNOFFICIAL-20131023.zip - 151.04 MB

However, the ROM is very glitchy on our devices. In addition to the usual rotation bugs (and the Wi-Fi bugs introduced by a recent CM commit), there seems to be a whole new batch of graphical issues.

If anyone wants to start bug fixing this, you can PM me for some suggestions on how to resolve some of the typical problems our devices have.

If you want to build this yourself, you only need to replace Vanir's proprietary vendor repo with the proper one from TheMuppets, like so (this is pulling from my fork on github):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote  name="github_kimjisoo"
           fetch="git://github.com/kimjisoo" />

<remove-project name="vendor_bn" />

<project path="vendor/bn" name="proprietary_vendor_bn" remote="github_kimjisoo" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>
Vanir's build system is a little odd, and took me a few tries to figure out. Basically, you need to run "make -j# otapackage" after lunch, or it doesn't give you a flashable zip. There was no brunch option...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jisoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jisoo Ad-Free
21st November 2013, 04:35 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 373

More
How's the lag compared to other available ROMs? Thanks!
21st November 2013, 11:34 PM |#14  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevOmega

How's the lag compared to other available ROMs? Thanks!

I wouldn't be worried about lags, as the only bootable version of this rom is the unofficial one posted one post above yours by jisoo. LOL It's very glitchy and quite unusable, also with the OP nolinuxparty's account currently disabled, I don't think we'll see anything too soon from Vanir...if ever.

Mike T
The Following User Says Thank You to webdroidmt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webdroidmt Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 05:41 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 373

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt

I wouldn't be worried about lags, as the only bootable version of this rom is the unofficial one posted one post above yours by jisoo. LOL It's very glitchy and quite unusable, also with the OP nolinuxparty's account currently disabled, I don't think we'll see anything too soon from Vanir...if ever.

Mike T

Ok Thanks.
31st August 2018, 11:16 AM |#16  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolinuxnoparty

Download:

You can get the latest builds from HERE

Current link:

http://www.vanir.co/nuclearmistake/V...lease/ovation/