[ROM][9.0][P] ⚛ CarbonROM Opal | Sony Xperia Z1 | OFFICIAL

Search This thread

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

2g9nde.jpg

What's not working:

What's buggy:
⚛ GPS - It has been improved since the oreo releases and Google Maps navigation works perfectly. However, some purely GPS (that don't use the internet connection for a quicker lock) based apps take a long time to get a lock.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Instructions:
⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
⚛ Perform a factory reset.
⚛ Install the ROM.
⚛ Install the C6902 modem files if you're using a C6902.
⚛ Reboot to the system.
⚛ Reboot back to the recovery and flash gapps. This is necessary because most gapps packages have a broken SetupWizard on Pie.
⚛ ???
⚛ Profit.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
G-Apps
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM Opal, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
drakonizer
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cr-7.0[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-21
Last Updated 2019-04-21

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Changelog:

20/04/2019:
⚛ Upstream Carbon updates (lots of new features).
⚛ Improved performance and battery life
⚛ SELinux enforcing and user build
⚛ Some other fixes I may have forgotten.

31/12/2018:
⚛ Fixed GApps lag (it's blazing fast now!)
⚛ SELinux enforcing
⚛ Fixed HW acceleration
⚛ Improved GPS (it's like Oreo now)
⚛ New fancy bootanimation!
⚛ More Carbon upstream updates

12/09/2018:
⚛ Fixed mobile data for all devices. Working perfectly now.
⚛ Fixed NFC
⚛ Improved stability and smoothness.
⚛ Upstream changes from CarbonBeta (read: new, shiny features. Yay!)

21/08/2018:
⚛ Initial release

Last edited:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Nice! This phone just won't die! I am in the process to ordering a new device.
In the a few months I might test this rom as my honami will no longer be my daily driver

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
hi dev, i tested this pie rom and discovered many bugs and issues and crashes and even freezes in some parts of the system, in addition to that phone data is not there at all, also some heating and fast battery discharge so i think this is related to the DeeP SleeP module, so as you told before the Rom is still in early stage and needs too many fixes. this is my Testing Log to take a look, and thank you so much dev for your Great work and effort.

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
hi dev, i tested this pie rom and discovered many bugs and issues and crashes and even freezes in some parts of the system, in addition to that phone data is not there at all, also some heating and fast battery discharge so i think this is related to the DeeP SleeP module, so as you told before the Rom is still in early stage and needs too many fixes. this is my Testing Log to take a look, and thank you so much dev for your Great work and effort.

last_kmsg doesn't help, the kernel is fine. Please mention specifically what these crashes are and if possible, provide logcats.

Thanks.

Reactions: ze7zez

miXXed404

Apr 5, 2014
Most of these crashes i faced installing app from google play, i'm not using this rom now so i cannot provide logcat, always phone just freeze up and i need to restart it.

devilgloom

Sep 25, 2015
Manhattan
Hey
After boot up phone Bluetooth is force stop and phone restart and after boot again Bluetooth again force stop and phone restart this step repeat and repeat.
my device c6903

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
sorry for late responce, but for now i can't pull out the logcat file because i'am on another Rom and the logcat file is not there anymore, but i promice you dev in your next Pie Rom beta release i will pull the Logcat file for you to take a look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

2g9nde.jpg

What's not working:

What's buggy:
    ⚛ GPS - It has been improved since the oreo releases and Google Maps navigation works perfectly. However, some purely GPS (that don't use the internet connection for a quicker lock) based apps take a long time to get a lock.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Instructions:
    ⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
    ⚛ Perform a factory reset.
    ⚛ Install the ROM.
    ⚛ Install the C6902 modem files if you're using a C6902.
    ⚛ Reboot to the system.
    ⚛ Reboot back to the recovery and flash gapps. This is necessary because most gapps packages have a broken SetupWizard on Pie.
    ⚛ ???
    ⚛ Profit.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
    G-Apps
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM Opal, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cr-7.0[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-21
    Last Updated 2019-04-21
    New build up with a bunch of changes! These include, but are not limited to:
    -> Fixed mobile data for all users. It should work perfectly now, even on C6902.
    -> Fixed NFC.
    -> GPS has been improved, much like the latest Carbon Oreo official release build.
    -> Lags and crashes have gone. The build is as stable as Oreo, in my experience.

I have added a changelog post right below the OP where newer changelogs shall henceforth be posted. I have also updated the Gapps link in the OP with official opengapps, which works perfectly, including SetupWizard. The download link in the OP will now link to my AFH folder where I will be posting newer unofficial builds as necessary.

Enjoy!
    Changelog:

20/04/2019:
    ⚛ Upstream Carbon updates (lots of new features).
    ⚛ Improved performance and battery life
    ⚛ SELinux enforcing and user build
    ⚛ Some other fixes I may have forgotten.

31/12/2018:
    ⚛ Fixed GApps lag (it's blazing fast now!)
    ⚛ SELinux enforcing
    ⚛ Fixed HW acceleration
    ⚛ Improved GPS (it's like Oreo now)
    ⚛ New fancy bootanimation!
    ⚛ More Carbon upstream updates

12/09/2018:
    ⚛ Fixed mobile data for all devices. Working perfectly now.
    ⚛ Fixed NFC
    ⚛ Improved stability and smoothness.
    ⚛ Upstream changes from CarbonBeta (read: new, shiny features. Yay!)

21/08/2018:
    ⚛ Initial release
    Hello everyone!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of communication these last few months. However, I now have a much improved build up for use!
    Changes include:
    * Fixed GApps lag (it's blazing fast now!)
    * SELinux enforcing
    * Fixed HW acceleration
    * Improved GPS (it's like Oreo now)
    * New fancy bootanimation!
    * More Carbon upstream updates (moar new features :D)
    * Others that I may have forgotten.

Offline charging seems to be broken at the moment, but I'm working on a fix for that.

Enjoy!
    New update pushed! OP and second post updated.

Thanks in part to @ChriChri on Discord, I have acquired another Z1 and now I'm back with new builds!

Let me know what you think!

Also, we will be going official soon! As you may already be knowing, Carbon has started rolling out official releases, and honami is among the first set of supported devices. This means we will soon have weekly updates, and more importantly DELTA updates :) Right now we're dealing with some server issues, but I will post here once the first official build is rolled out. Join our Telegram/Discord for more info and any questions.