3rd November 2013, 08:35 PM |#141  
Flag Soggy New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 196

More
But does it work with 4.3?

24th November 2013, 05:52 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Found the AX88772B chipset based with Micro-B USB to LAN RJ45 adapter on eBay. Let's try ~

eBay item number:261323293789
10th December 2013, 06:22 PM |#143  
Flag Morrisville, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Has anybody tried this with 4.4 yet? I have the Pluggable Gigabit adapter, the tablet recognizes it and shows eth0 when I do "ip link ls" from the command line, but it doesn't seem to be running DHCP on the interface. The link light is lit on the adapter and the activity light flashes some, but I'm not getting an ip address, either IPv4 or IPv6.
18th December 2013, 12:45 AM |#144  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 6,788

Donate to Me
More
Storage
i got one and its awesome. Ty for this thread circa881 if it weren't for you i would never have found out about it.
13th January 2014, 08:06 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello all,
I managed to use a USB Ethernet adapter dm9601 chip with CM11 (stable 20140109 by koko98) on my Nexus 7 (2012).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509905 to download the ROM
I don't understand why it doesn't included by default in this ROM because I didn't meet an issue during the compilation (yet )

Some remarks :
- This module is only available for the stable CM11 (20140109) because I forced the magic version to match with the CM kernel
- to compile it, I download the latest CM version 11 that's why I had to fix it.

How to install it :
1- unzip the module
2- mount -o remount,rw /system
3- copy your module to /system/lib/modules
4- mount -o remount,ro /system
5- modprobe dm9601
6- connect your USB adapter
7- that's all

How to check if everything is ok :
1- open a terminal on the Nexus
2- "su -" to switch to root
3- allow the right "escalation"
4- dmesg (you will see the module logs)
5- netcfg (to list all network interfaces) you should see a eth0 interface. DHCP is enabled on CM so you will get automatically an IP address.

if you have an issue when you load the module like "dm9601: version magic 'blablabla...' should be '3.1.10-gbf0126e SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7" that means you aren't using the right CM11 ROM.
Maybe there is a way to remove this check but I didn't find it

Few words about the USB adapter : the model number is VK-RD9700, maybe it is the chip name.
dmesg output when I plugged the adapter
usb 2-1: new USB device found, idVendor=0fe6, idProduct=9700
usb 2-1: Product: USB 2.0 10/100M Ethernet Adaptor
dm9601 2-1:1.0: eth0 register 'dm9601' at usb-tegra-ehci.0-1, Davicom DM9601 USB Ethernet, <MAC address>
Attached Files
File Type: gz dm9601.ko.gz - [Click for QR Code] (77.7 KB, 317 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jlighty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlighty Ad-Free
5th April 2014, 09:49 AM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is there anyway to share/tether the ethernet connection on the Nexus 7?
21st July 2014, 06:53 PM |#147  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Just bought this generic adapter off Ebay UK and it worked right away. Then installed Ethernet Droid, so I can switch from DHCP to manually setting an IP address more easily.

What I don't understand is why is Google making this so difficult. My old Android stick PC has the Ethernet function fully integrated into its menus (right next to Wireless LAN and Bluetooth).
10th July 2015, 02:23 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
does anyone have an idea how to make an USB - To - Ethernet adapter work on Samsung Devices?
6th January 2016, 07:18 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkapqa

does anyone have an idea how to make an USB - To - Ethernet adapter work on Samsung Devices?

All Samsung phones (i9300, S2, and so on) I have seen with original stock roms do not have kernel modules for USB-LAN-ETHERNET adapters (for example with "ASIX" chipset).
Try to find a custom rom with an implemented device driver for an "ASIX"-Chipset (other chipsets might be supported, too)

If you use the following USB->Ethernet-adapeter and the LED-lights are on after plugin it in, you have a room with a driver:
"i-tec USB 2.0 Advance 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Network Adapter" with Asix AX88772B chipset.

But even if the lights are on, the adapter will not work out of the box, but getting the lights on is the first step. The further steps depend on the Android version you want to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to schnick_schnack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schnick_schnack Ad-Free
13th September 2018, 07:34 AM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnick_schnack

.... If you use the following USB->Ethernet-adapeter and the LED-lights are on after plugin it in, you have a room with a driver:
"i-tec USB 2.0 Advance 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Network Adapter" with Asix AX88772B chipset.

But even if the lights are on, the adapter will not work out of the box, but getting the lights on is the first step. The further steps depend on the Android version you want to use.

Link and activity lights are on with a Pluggables "USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B Ethernet Adapter 10/100 Mbps".

Device information (Android tablet):
ASUS Memo Pad 8 ME181C - Model number K011, with Android v4.4.2
(rooted using a file from ASUS: "Root MeMoPad-me181cx.zip". The bootloader is locked.

Kernel version
3.10.20-ga94710f
3.1.23.191 #1
Mon Jan 11 14:21:25 CST 2016

Build number
BBY-3.1.23.191

Device information (ethernet dongle):
Plugables "USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B Ethernet Adapter 10/100 Mbps"

Additional information from Device Info HW app by Andrey Efremov
Chipset vendor: ASIX Elec. Согр.
Model: AX88772A
Device ID: 0b95:7720
Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/003
Version: 2.00

The Memopad is my first Android device. I acquired it, specifically, to see it ethernet ability could be added to it.

There are no GUI options on the tablet for Ethernet. So, if possible, modifications will have to be made.

I'm trying to figure out what the next step will be, perhaps modifying /system/etc/permissions/handheld_core_hardware.xml and using ethernet related terminal commands as mentioned here...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1&postcount=93
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetFluke

I think your device must be rooted for that and busybox must be installed. If it is, "ifconfig eth0 <IP address> netmask <IP mask>" will set an address and "route add default gw <gateway address> eth0" will allow Internet connection through eth0. Use "ifconfig eth0 down"/"ifconfig eth0 up" to disable/enable Ethernet interface. You can script those operations through Script Manager or write a small app. I do not know of any way to achieve what you want without rooting ....

I don't know if I will be able to modify the xml file on this system. I'm getting clues for remounting the file system here...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...hidden-devices

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thank you -if anyone is still here and I'm not too late to the USB Ethernet party.

---Edit---
I used doedoejohn's tips here which got data flowing over the ethernet connection>
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...b-otg-t3220476

I later broke something trying various methods of forcing GooglePlay to use ethernet. A recovery was necessary.
Selecting all apps with the Xposed module "eu.chylek.adam.fakewifi_v5_8c82db.apk" and rebooting got the device stuck in a loop with a message of, "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". I tried that apk after Xposed module, "com.lemonsqueeze.fakewificonnection_v11_40d6d2.ap k" couldn't seem to fool GooglePlay.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)