[TOOL] Device ID Changer for Oreo

Search This thread

psycmos

Aug 25, 2011
Mirandela
Nissan EV APP

Hi @CoNsTaR.

I try used it with the app NISSAN EV CONNECT , com.digitas.android.nissan.carwings

But it is not listed on you app. I tried with command line tools, but it not capture any ID

starlte:/cache # ./dvcid --query --package com.expressvpn.vpn
8156ed2497916aec
starlte:/cache # ./dvcid --query --package com.digitas.android.nissan.carwings

There any any other thing that i can do?

Best Regards, Nuno

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi @CoNsTaR.

I try used it with the app NISSAN EV CONNECT , com.digitas.android.nissan.carwings

But it is not listed on you app. I tried with command line tools, but it not capture any ID

starlte:/cache # ./dvcid --query --package com.expressvpn.vpn
8156ed2497916aec

There any any other thing that i can do?

Best Regards, Nuno

Just launching the app, perhaps dive in a step or two, should do the trick in my experience but yeah, I too have noticed it's somewhat of a trial & error situation. Ability to add apps manually would be awesome!

Reactions: psycmos

mmidders

I've just moved to Pie (crDroid) and the settings_ssaid.xml file is in the same place and format so this tool should work for Pie without modification.

In answer to an earlier post, you can manually modify the device id for individual packages using any root-enabled text editor to modify /data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml

If you choose to take the manual method you need to make sure that the text editor you're using is in 'linux' mode so it doesn't mess up the end of line markers in the text file.

Slàinte

mmidders

Reactions: rcll and psycmos

methuntt

I've just moved to Pie (crDroid) and the settings_ssaid.xml file is in the same place and format so this tool should work for Pie without modification.

In answer to an earlier post, you can manually modify the device id for individual packages using any root-enabled text editor to modify /data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml

If you choose to take the manual method you need to make sure that the text editor you're using is in 'linux' mode so it doesn't mess up the end of line markers in the text file.

Slàinte

mmidders

Manual method working perfectly in android pie but some apps are not listed in settings_ssaid.xml. I dont know why

ayrus02

Oct 13, 2012
Hi, I just want to ask, how to compile the source code using x86 linux to be run on x86 android emulator (not the 64-bit version)...?

Thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android 8 (Oreo) has a major behavior change on how device ID is manipulated, this tool helps you Query / Modify the IDs on Oreo in a programmatic way.

Looking for the App?

How to use it:
    1. Root privilege is NEEDED.
    2. Download the proper version for your phone - if not sure, armv7 is **[pretty much]** working on most phones.
    3. You might need adb tools / Terminal Emulator.
    4. Copy the executable binary downloaded to /cache or other ext filesystems.
    5. Give 0755 permission to the executable.
    6. Assign/Query IDs.

Command Usage:

Step By Step Querying/Assigning IDs:
    1. Have the downloaded exctuable placed at the root of your SD card.
    2. Use either adb/Terminal Emulator to run the commands below.
    Setting up
    Code:
    su                                 # Gain root permission if available
    cp /sdcard/[EXECUTABLE] /cache/    # Copy executable from /sdcard to /cache
    chmod 0755 /cache/[EXECUTABLE]     # Set permission
    Querying
    • Query current device ID for package [PACKAGE].
    Code:
    /cache/[EXECUTABLE] -q -p [PACKAGE]
    • Query the default device ID for package [PACKAGE].
    Code:
    /cache/[EXECUTABLE] -Q -p [PACKAGE]
    Assigning
    • Make a backup first using this command.
    Code:
    /cache/[EXECUTABLE] -b /sdcard/settings-ssaid.xml.bak
    • Preview changes. (This is not changing anything, just previewing the modification(s).)
    Code:
    /cache/[EXECUTABLE] -a [ID] -p [PACKAGE]
    • If satisfied with the result given from the command above, run the following command to make the changes.
    • Assign the ID [ID] to the package [PACKAGE] directly.
    Code:
    /cache/[EXECUTABLE] -i -a [ID] -p [PACKAGE]

※ Substitute [EXECUTABLE] to the file name of the executable, [ID] to the appreciated ID, and [PACKAGE] to the package name in the commands above.

Do not forget to REBOOT your phone after changing IDs.
    • New IDs go into effect only after a reboot is performed.

Downloads:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll update this thread soon, heading out for food now :D:D:D

Slàinte

mmidders
    how can i use it? should i compile it in some way? it uses adb?

See the Release Page for downloads.

Use this tool through adb or terminal emulator are both possible.

I've just updated the original post, hope that gives more information. :)
    I'm still not sure to where to put the executable so i can execute it with the terminal emulator

Any ext filesystem should be good.

Step by step:
    1. Copy/Download the executable to the root of your SD card
    2. Follow the commands below
    Code:
    su
    cp /sdcard/dvcid-armv7 /cache/
    chmod 0755 /cache/dvcid-armv7
    /cache/dvcid-armv7 -q -p com.android.example    # Run commands as you want
    Hi

Firstly thanks for your efforts; I've been after a device id tool since I updated to Oreo.

My system:
    Xiaomi MIX (ARM64) running Resurrection Remix Oreo.

I used the ARM64 version of your tool and the query part worked fine.
    The trial change reported that the id I had supplied wasn't a 16 digit number (it was) but I could use --force to do it anyway, which I did, and it appeared to work.
    I made the actual change (again using --force) and rebooted.
    Querying the id for the package now shows that it has reverted to the original id.

Any ideas? If there's anything I can do to help (logs...), please let me know.

Sláinte

mmidders

Hi, thanks for your report.

Can you try again with This Release, and see if your problems are still there.