[APP][SMS][4.0+]SMS Parser - prepare any SMS message!

Search This thread

RavinduSha

Hi, can you tell more details?

I check my balance by using an USSD code. I can parse it and get my balance to display on a widget with no problem.
After using that USSD code, I automatically get a SMS containing my talktime information and data usage stats. I'm trying to parse it and get those information. But the app doesn't recognize that sms even though I added the correct phone number.

Hagakurje

Apr 15, 2011
Kiev
I check my balance by using an USSD code. I can parse it and get my balance to display on a widget with no problem.
After using that USSD code, I automatically get a SMS containing my talktime information and data usage stats. I'm trying to parse it and get those information. But the app doesn't recognize that sms even though I added the correct phone number.
Hi, can you show screenshots of sms and your parser?

J3Gr

Mar 22, 2016
So is there a new thread for CleverSMS or do we keep posting here for the Parser extension of CleverSMS?

Also I'd like to ask, if the parser extension would be capable to help us with a specific scenario: our team is using text messages for notifications of our monitoring as well as to check/switch/ask, who is on duty for 24/7. So we get monitoring notifications as texts indiciating if a service or host is down, up, etc. What we'd like to use the parser would be

1) parse texts for ID, Status and Name of Service/Host down and create a widget for quick reply to mute/ack the service (that's done by sending a text with "ack, %ID" to our monitoring)
2) parse tests for status and do a "service down" message tone if something went down and a "service up" notification sound if it goes back up again.
3) create a widget to check for and display who is on duty (done by sending a quick text and parsing the answer which is like "%Name (%phone) is on duty".

Is a part or anything of that possible? We'd especially like #2 as it's so much easier at night when waking up to identify if something went down/is critical or if you just woke up from a "everything's fine again" notification.

Thanks,
Jens

Hagakurje

Apr 15, 2011
Kiev
Hi Jens.
Yes, this thread is for Clever SMS and all extensions. About your questions - yes, you can make a parser for each service (use "Identifier" to devide by service ID).
1) Yes, you can find ID, Status and Name in SMS. You need to create 3 groups. Also you can create task to send SMS, and run task by widget click
2) You can make task to show notification (or 2 tasks for up and down), and make profile - event "group parses" and tasks "if group equals up run task"
3) I think yes

ThePieMonster

Nov 25, 2013
@Hagakurje Anyway to use Clever SMS without setting the app as the default SMS app on the device?
Can you have this running as a service or something similar so the user can continue to use the default Google Messaging app while also still being able to parse received text messages?

Hagakurje

Apr 15, 2011
Kiev
@Hagakurje Anyway to use Clever SMS without setting the app as the default SMS app on the device?
Can you have this running as a service or something similar so the user can continue to use the default Google Messaging app while also still being able to parse received text messages?
Hi
1. play market policy - only sms-client can work with incoming sms
2. android policy - only sms-client receive intent with incoming sms
3. you can try old version of parser, but I think it will not work on your phone

Attachments

• SmsParser_full_3.14.0.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 2

ThePieMonster

Nov 25, 2013
Hi
1. play market policy - only sms-client can work with incoming sms
2. android policy - only sms-client receive intent with incoming sms
3. you can try old version of parser, but I think it will not work on your phone

@Hagakurje With Android 11, you have the ability to set the following SMS permission (see attached image). Also you can follow "Tasker" as a example. This application can read SMS without needing to be the default SMS app.

Here are some examples of people using the SMS feature on Tasker.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/search/?q=SMS&restrict_sr=1&sr_nsfw=

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-141846.png
    Screenshot_20220120-141846.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][SMS][5.1+] Clever SMS - your clever SMS client (ex SMS Parser)

General info:

Clever SMS is your clever assistant app to work on SMS and USSD requests

Current version: 1.3.0

Features:
    Send SMS, get them and pull the most important information out of them. Work with bank and client accounts of mobile operators, customize your requests and put your own melody on them - all this and other additional features of the Clever SMS app will help you to optimize your time and quickly get the necessary data from SMS. Using Clever SMS extensions, you can track your SMS and USSD requests, receive information about bank balances, money spent, the balance of your mobile or Internet account.

Clever SMS Parser Extension - performs the parser function:
    • Analyzes and extracts useful information from your bank’s SMS: check the balance, keep track of expenses or receipts of money, set up a convenient reporting schedule.
    • Work with USSD: with Clever SMS Parser Extension you will always know how many minutes, money or gigabytes are left in your tariff package.
    • Monitors notifications from smart devices around you, from car alarms to smart home alerts: all your gadgets that can send alerts will be under your control.

You can also customize the application to your preferences and sense of humor: set funny tunes to change bank balance and change the text of notifications for funny phrases, make bright widgets or connect extensions and coordinate Clever SMS with your Zooper, Kustom, DashClock.

Do you like to control income and expenses? Clever SMS Parser Extension will provide you with a full account of how much you have spent or received and the analysis of this data. And at the same time everything is strictly confidential: the application does not use Internet access, and your information will be known only to two people - you and your SMS client.

Site with help and instructions: clever-sms.com.ua
    USSD support: clever-sms.com.ua/support/ussd

Clever SMS v 1.3.0: View attachment CleverSMS-1.3.0.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Parser Extension Lite v 1.0.1 (USSD Android 8+): View attachment Parser-lite-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Parser Extension Pro v 1.0.1 (USSD Android 5.1+): View attachment Parser-pro-1.0.1.apk
    Clever SMS DashClock Extension v 1.0.1: View attachment DashClock-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Kustom Extension v 1.0.1: View attachment Kustom-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Tasker Extension v 11.0.1: View attachment Tasker-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Zooper Extension v 1.0.1: View attachment Zooper-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Catalog Extension v 1.0.1: View attachment Catalog-1.0.1.apk or Google Play
    Clever SMS Donation v 1.0.0: Google Play
    Common guys, say something.
    Version 2.0.1:
    1. New setting "Alternative widget" to solve problem with widget background transparency.
    2. Small UI fixex fon Android 2.x
    This is awesome, tried to make my own parser with tasker ( for my remaining sms, minutes and MB ), did something and was good enough but not so advanced. Would be nice if you can include a tasker plugin and pass resulted vars there, so we can integrate this with Zooper ( create our own widgets? ). Thank you and keep up the good work.

EDIT: Here is a quick work for my credit balance :D
    This year? :( oh well, i hope you can do it asap, but it's up to your free time ofc. Posted a pic above too :p
    I read some info about zooper, and I can add zooper support in the next version. But it will be in paid version only. So not year, maybe 1 month :)