[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL]Pixel Experience 9.0

Search This thread

bavmouse

Dec 27, 2010
Passau
Did anyone tried this ROM except me :) ? I can not figure out how the hell I have same buggs on every single GSI PIE ROM including this? In the OP it says no bugs... What am I doing wrong :)

i would like to test it, but since there is a whole procedure with unlock, twrp, convert to mi6, everything is too cumbersome and too expensive for me.

ilyas111

Feb 4, 2011
Currently I am on AOSP Extended, works fantastic, but I am always trying new builds and ROM.

someone replied to me that fingerprint in gsi doesn't show because my data is decrypted and fingerprint is present only in encrypted data. my setting shows that data is encrypted and i have no idea how to disable or enable encryption.

ahadrox

Hey, I was just passing by the internet and was browsing PixelExperience's official website and saw that there's an official build for Mi 6X (wayne) which is the official Chinese variant of Mi A2 (jasmine) and the difference between these two phones are just the stock ROM and "A-only" & "A/B" partition. If someone has succeeded to convert Mi A2 to Mi 6X via edl mode rom flashing, than he may install the rom and give us feedback about that build.
Thanks. :D

Reactions: CLIFFx and asiranno

Mr.Nice.ba

Jul 5, 2010
Sarajevo
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey, I was just passing by the internet and was browsing PixelExperience's official website and saw that there's an official build for Mi 6X (wayne) which is the official Chinese variant of Mi A2 (jasmine) and the difference between these two phones are just the stock ROM and "A-only" & "A/B" partition. If someone has succeeded to convert Mi A2 to Mi 6X via edl mode rom flashing, than he may install the rom and give us feedback about that build.
Thanks. :D

As I can see that is Oreo build on pixel experience site for 6X... We already have great stock ROM experience with Oreo 8.1
Still no PIE build that is worth using as daily driver.

johnsci911

Aug 22, 2016
Today, I have tried 8.1 Official PixelExperience ROM for 6X. Everything is working, looks nice, but there is no way to get Gcam port to work. Camera2 API enabled in build.prop, but no luck. Just to inform if someone want to try this build.
How did you try to root
Have been trying PE pie in the past FP and bluetooth are not working the rest is fine. I can live with it but without gcam nah.

Please let me know about your methods. Coz I am gonna risk my game saves again :)

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Thread cleaned.
Guys, this is a development thread. Off topic will need to be taken somewhere else. The developer of this rom doesn't owe you anything. If you can't stay respectful when posting here then don't post at all but this entitlement attitude will not be tolerated nor will harassment of the developers or members alike. If you cant/wont help the developer fix bugs then don't post here. If you don't like the ROM find a different one. Remember to always show respect towards developers and members alike.

Thank you.
Wolf

djmitza222

Feb 16, 2008
Baia Mare
Thread cleaned.
Guys, this is a development thread. Off topic will need to be taken somewhere else. The developer of this rom doesn't owe you anything. If you can't stay respectful when posting here then don't post at all but this entitlement attitude will not be tolerated nor will harassment of the developers or members alike. If you cant/wont help the developer fix bugs then don't post here. If you don't like the ROM find a different one. Remember to always show respect towards developers and members alike.

Thank you.
Wolf

Thank you for your support!

I am building right now the second beta from source with my patches. I was able to get the original Mi A2 camera working by porting the app. It will take some time because I am building on a i3 with 4 Gb of RAM. Also let me know if you want the stock Android One ROM in a zip flashable format.

dupereira

Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for this amazing rom! I'm loving it! Can wait for this second beta... Gcam on this is really limited, bugs aside it's a very stable and good ROM! So again... thanks for all the effort!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi A2 / Mi 6X [jasmine][wayne]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder (GCam)
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    IR
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    VolTE (If you reboot your device reset config SIM its needed for VolTE users | VOLTE not works in second SIM)

This rom works on Mi A2 if it was converted to Mi 6X (jasmine -> wayne). It doesn't have ARB so you can flash and revert to stock at any time! PS: I am not the maintainer of this ROM but you can report bugs.

Known issues
    None so far

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Click here to download

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

• Android OS version: 9.0.0_r1
    • Security patch level: August 2018

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
    Last Updated 2018-08-26
    Thread cleaned.

Thank you.
    Wolf
    Dude, I made this ROM and WTF are you doing?
    It's just a GSI and it doesn't work fine, it has a huge number of bugs not like you said

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Today, I have tried 8.1 Official PixelExperience ROM for 6X. Everything is working, looks nice, but there is no way to get Gcam port to work. Camera2 API enabled in build.prop, but no luck. Just to inform if someone want to try this build.
    I am the maintainer and I'm sure gcam works
    Thread cleaned.

Thank you.
    Wolf

Thank you for your support!

I am building right now the second beta from source with my patches. I was able to get the original Mi A2 camera working by porting the app. It will take some time because I am building on a i3 with 4 Gb of RAM. Also let me know if you want the stock Android One ROM in a zip flashable format.
    This is the best Android Pie ROM I have tested compared to the Android Pie version that's available for Xiaomi RN4x!

These are the bugs that appeared on my Mi A2 (converted to Mi 6x)
    - LED Light constantly on when triggered (sometimes even while during booting up)
    - Settings > System > Gestures (all of them doesn't work except for the Double click power button for Camera)
    - Notification tile icons are not optimized enough to fit on certain screen display ratio
    - Brightness flickers if set to Auto. When adjusting the brightness bar, the screen brightness flickers instead of gradually reducing or increasing bright intensity.
    - USB Connection: Doesn't seem to let me change from Charging to File Transfer while connected to a Computer.

I hope this would help give the ROM builder a heads up of small minor bugs that may not be taken into consideration on the next build.

Thank you for the ROM!