FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note app with text handwriting recognition

598 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By rvt1000, Senior Member on 1st December 2013, 05:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello

I just picked up the note 10.1 and after some reading around have downloaded and played with snote, papyrus, lecture notes, and note anytime and so far am not too impressed with either.

I'm looking for an app that takes notes mostly via handwriting recognition and allows me to free draw as well for meetings then export said notes into .doc or pdf (reason why I bought the note in the first place). .

What app are you all using for note taking at meetings and such that does a good job with handwriting recognition?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

1st December 2013, 08:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
So far I feel I will likely use polaris word and the handwriting keyboard to input. Easy to make headings and in a common editable format. Then for sketches I use sketchbook pro and insert the pic into the document.

But it's not perfect. Wasn't impressed with snote really. Only had mine for 2 days though.
The Following User Says Thank You to pbrown77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbrown77 Ad-Free
1st December 2013, 08:12 PM |#3  
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 117

More
You can always use built-in handwriting recognition within any note taking app. Or use MyScript Stylus beta, works very well.

I'm using SPenBoard switcher, any time I use the pen it switches to Stylus beta, otherwise it's the keyboard for input.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddavtian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddavtian Ad-Free
2nd December 2013, 09:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian

You can always use built-in handwriting recognition within any note taking app. Or use MyScript Stylus beta, works very well.

I'm using SPenBoard switcher, any time I use the pen it switches to Stylus beta, otherwise it's the keyboard for input.

I use Mazec2 handwriting keyboard that'll work with any application, I tried MyScript Stylus and Mazec just has the edge, but it's a close call - they're both very good at what they do.
2nd December 2013, 02:41 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omneity

I use Mazec2 handwriting keyboard that'll work with any application, I tried MyScript Stylus and Mazec just has the edge, but it's a close call - they're both very good at what they do.

Do you find it better than the inbuilt samsung handwriting though? I've found it quite good and can be used anywhere a keyboard entry can be
3rd December 2013, 03:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown77

Do you find it better than the inbuilt samsung handwriting though? I've found it quite good and can be used anywhere a keyboard entry can be

I've tried mystylus, it feels a lot better than samsung's handwriting recognition
3rd December 2013, 10:02 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNee1988

I've tried mystylus, it feels a lot better than samsung's handwriting recognition

Cheers. MyScript stylus I think you meant. I've had a quick go and its very good. Recognition is great. Just can't choose alternate words after the last one but its very accurate so less need.
4th December 2013, 05:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Finding this app
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian

I'm trying to find this app "SpenBoard switcher". I went to google play store and couldn't find it. Where did you find it?

Sorry, I found it but it says my tablet needs to be rooted. Is there an alternative for a non rooted tablet?
6th October 2018, 01:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please anyone know about any MyStylus Beta mod? Anyone please????e????
Hi there you amazing people,
I have been a user of My Stylus Beta for a very long time and its by far the best handwriting recognition software ever. The problem is that the company has dumped the software and its no longer working anymore. Even when you decide to use it anyway you get it and you have resigned yourself to eternal usage of this app without further updates,but they took that option off the table when the app stopped working on the devices and its not even available for download on Google Play anymore , pls can anyone help? would be eternally grateful if someone can help.Thanks so very much. e????e????

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by omneity

Actually there are not comparable in anyway. Stylus Beta is by far superior and has a seamless writing style. There are some kinks to be worked out for sure but its far better. I think the company made a bad call cancelling out the app without giving it a chance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)