[Guide] EXTRACT BIN (from kdz) TO IMAGES FOR L9

1,783 posts
Thanks Meter: 948

By kuma82, Senior Member on 8th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2014, 01:59 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
hi can it be made to work with the l5-2 l7-2 l9-2 series??

17th January 2014, 06:06 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi4175

hi can it be made to work with the l5-2 l7-2 l9-2 series??

Visit this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31379989 and ask xonar_.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kuma82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuma82 Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 08:11 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82

With xonar's LG Bin Firmware Extractor, we are able to extract the bin files into partitions (the image files for our device).
So, what can you do with this you ask?
Well if you ever deleted a system app ( /system/app/*.apk ) or anything else (ringtones & etc), you can recover it from the kdz file.

This thread was a follow-up on Cmahendra's guide, extracting kdz files into .bin(s).

However, thanks to our siblings in the LG-P970 forum, we have a simpler way to extract the kdz into images.
@jes0411 and others ( @t0g3, @Ilko, & @navossoc ) created a really sweet program to do all the thinking for us here.
I just stripped it down some and modified it to extract the kdz into images faster and simpler.

Alright,
1. First you will need a kdz file. Don't forget to thank @cmahendra

2. Download and extract my OPTIMUS_L9_IMAGE_EXTRACTOR.zip to any folder.

Md5sum: c2b25e195a24f0d4e187338a66037fc2
Please check Md5sum with this free program WinMD5.

3. Open the "Place KDZ HERE" folder and put your kdz file(s) inside. Then double click on the "RUN BINEXTRACTOR.bat", select the # for your kdz and press ENTER

NOTE: The System image takes awhile to extract.

4. To further extract the system image, double click on "EXPLORER.bat" and give it Administrator rights. Navigate to the system image (9-system.img), click "open", and right click Save (to any folder).

The other batch script (EXTRACT TO BINS.bat) will duh, extract the kdz to bin files only. I also have instruction on how to extract the x-loader with a hex editor (for those hardcore nerds, like me ; )

I have flashed the x-loader, u-boot, boot, recovery, & system images, so all image are
Question? Why are some images blank (0b)? Answer

Credits:

The first person to thanks is navossoc for creating his program to extract the kdz into .bin(s) files.

The second person to thank is Xonar_ for creating the LG Bin Firmware Extractor to work for our device. (Thank you for all your hard work, and for teaching this noob something : )

Third, to the creators of ext2Fsd

Fourth, to @jes0411 and others ( @t0g3, @Ilko, & @navossoc ), I've learned a lot about batch scripts, by dissecting y'all work

The last but not least person to thank is Cmahendra for creating all his threads full of information. I would have never found all this information on my own

hi, i'm looking to create a kdz file to flash with lg flashtool. i have the system.img but ican't get the command prompt method i previously used it with to work again. i don;t know whats different but was wondering if it was possible to do this in reverse
9th June 2018, 11:18 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there anything like this for the LG Aristo 2's KDZ File? This program doesn't seem to work with it. Really kinda bumming me out right now, been trying to get magisk on my phone for hours and I need the stock boot.img in order to do so.
18th September 2018, 06:20 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

With xonar's LG Bin Firmware Extractor, we are able to extract the bin files into partitions (the image files for our device).
Well if you ever deleted a system app ( /system/app/*.apk ) or anything else (ringtones & etc), you can recover it from the kdz file.

This thread was a follow-up on Cmahendra's guide, extracting kdz files into .bin(s).

However, thanks to our siblings in the LG-P970 forum, we have a simpler way to extract the kdz into images.
@jes0411 and others ( @t0g3, @Ilko, & @navossoc ) created a really sweet program to do all the thinking for us here.
I just stripped it down some and modified it to extract the kdz into images faster and simpler.

Alright,

3. Open the "Place KDZ HERE" folder and put your kdz file(s) inside. Then double click on the "RUN BINEXTRACTOR.bat", select the # for your kdz and press ENTER

4. To further extract the system image, double click on "EXPLORER.bat" and give it Administrator rights. Navigate to the system image (9-system.img), click "open", and right click Save (to any folder).

The other batch script (EXTRACT TO BINS.bat) will duh, extract the kdz to bin files only. I also have instruction on how to extract the x-loader with a hex editor (for those hardcore nerds, like me ; )

I have flashed the x-loader, u-boot, boot, recovery, & system images, so all image are

Credits:

The first person to thanks is navossoc for creating his program to extract the kdz into .bin(s) files.

The second person to thank is Xonar_ for creating the LG Bin Firmware Extractor to work for our device. (Thank you for all your hard work, and for teaching this noob something : )

Fourth, to @jes0411 and others ( @t0g3, @Ilko, & @navossoc ), I've learned a lot about batch scripts, by dissecting y'all work

The last but not least person to thank is Cmahendra for creating all his threads full of information. I would have never found all this information on my own

cant get it to work

1 - TP26011d_00_0607.kdz
0 - Quit

Enter the number: 1
File: TP26011d_00_0607.kdz
================================================== =============================
Extracting:
KDZ: TP26011d_00_0607.kdz

Fixed CAB file headers.
File: TP26011d_00_0607.cab
File(s) successfully extracted!
================================================== =============================
Microsoft (R) File Expansion Utility Version 6.1.7600.16385
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Cannot expand a file onto itself: tp26011d_00_0607.cab.

File Not Found
File Not Found
Extracting:
WDB:
DLL:

Failed to extract file.
Please report this error with this file.
Cleaning temporary files ...
*.dll
The system cannot find the file specified.
0 file(s) copied.
Could Not Find C:\Users\Grimm\Downloads\OPTIMUS_L9_IMAGE_EXTRACTO R\Place KDZ HE
RE\*.dll

File [TP26011d_00_0607.kdz] has been successfully extracted to BIN folder.
13th October 2018, 08:50 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Alright,

Credits:

Is it possible to run kdz systems for lg phones on qemu emulator on windows or linux and what is the way?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)