More
:(

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

5th February 2011, 03:27 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca4

This should be a sticky or added to a existing sticky.

Do you get no power when you turn on your phone? Nothing shows up on the screen at all. You have the worst brick possible that is recoverable. I wished this post came out before I did a warranty swap.

Here's how to fix: Credit goes to OP
- You need Odin program before starting.
1. Remove the battery, external SD card and SIM card.
2. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Open odin3
4. Insert battery.
5. Connect usb cable.
6. HOLD VOL+ and VOL- while plugging in USB

Got download screen and flashed with ODIN..
Let ODin finish.

*** This program recovered my dead phone with no power, nothing shows up on my screen. - Dead and also a stuck boot up screen.

I saw another post that has the similar set of instructions 6. HOLD VOL+ and VOL- and then press the power button. Nothing happens.

I am curious how people this post has helped. Can you respond when you these directions gets your phone up. Thank you.

I have the same problem but I cannot get it to download mode. My phone is completely dead no power no sign of life. The only thing I notice is when i put the battery into the phone for about 15 minutes the phone is getting hot so I don't know if this is a common problem for bricked phone.
5th February 2011, 03:51 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileXT

I have the same problem but I cannot get it to download mode. My phone is completely dead no power no sign of life. The only thing I notice is when i put the battery into the phone for about 15 minutes the phone is getting hot so I don't know if this is a common problem for bricked phone.

Try these steps to see if you can get the red text to show up. If you can, you are still recoverable using the steps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...xt#post9330685
5th February 2011, 01:48 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linggo

not work so far...

I had the exact same "phone - ! - PC" brick screen and vol up + vol down + power only took me to "unknown upload mode". I eventually figured out by myself that holding ONLY vol down + power for 10 sec is what takes you to download mode from that particular screen.

Summary: Anyone who's getting "Phone--!--PC" and the three-button combo takes you to "unknown upload mode", try holding vol down + power for 10 seconds.
14th October 2018, 10:47 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dead phone
The guys just turned off my phone and didn’t turn on, didn’t enter into the backup, I can’t flash through ODIN because even after installing the drivers, the computer sees the phone as a ULC1 device and cannot install the drivers needed for the phone, who had such a problem decide? samsung j100fn
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick dead recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)