Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2018, 03:15 PM |#4821  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,763

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypern0va

About the missing internet connection on Android 9, I just tried inverting all rules and using blacklist mode instead of whitelist (even if I definitely prefer the latter). Apps are able to connect to the internet, for some hours by now, but the "No internet connection" message appears both on WiFi and mobile data.

Try the above version and let me know.

16th October 2018, 05:51 PM |#4822  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Hello Everyone,

I have rolled out another version of 3.0.0 with following changes for BETA users of playstore.

* Whitelist issue with Pie - DNS related
* Fixed notification sound in android < 8 devices
* Fixed few exceptions on moto devices
* Fixed crash in experimental UI for startup

Thanks.

You can also download from GDrive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=18u...fxSu-aJBLYqM67

So the custom rule for dns is no longer needed with this version?
FYI happened to me on mobile data too.
16th October 2018, 07:08 PM |#4823  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:

Hello Everyone,

I have rolled out another version of 3.0.0 with following changes for BETA users of playstore.

Test results from OnePlus 6, Pie stable:
Whitelist mode works.
In the "Private DNS" setting, if use "Off" or "Automatic", no need for special setup; if use "Private DNS provider hostname", need to allow (root) in AFWall+.

I can upload logs if needed.

Appreciation for dev @ukanth 's work!
The Following User Says Thank You to kagwind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kagwind Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 08:55 PM |#4824  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaargh777

So the custom rule for dns is no longer needed with this version?
FYI happened to me on mobile data too.

Yes. That's not required.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2018, 02:07 AM |#4825  
Flag Portwenn
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Quote:

If you have gapps installed ( even minimum ones) it will connect to Google servers to send data (like sim provider/ phone no etc.,) constantly. You can block it completely using AFWall+ ( equal to not having it - meaning if you want playstore, you can't deny internet access to it ).

You need to have solutions like "Xprivacy/Xprivacy Lua" to stop that.

@ukanth, so Google can't sneak past the firewall unless we allowed it? I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean about Xprivacy, as if to be safe in regards to Google we should be using this in addition to AFWall+?

What I'm trying to understand, because I only run sometimes the Services/Framework in the phone, but the most of the time it's debloated.

So in AFWall+ does the Google Play Services and Google Framework show up? I'm more concerned about the Framework, back-end of the system, if can sneak past us. Or no, everything that is of concern will be displayed in AFWall+ for use to allow or block?

Thanks
17th October 2018, 05:01 AM |#4826  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone,

I have released 3.0.0 stable on playstore today. It's been a crazy month so far. After going through lot of dilemma of whether to support the existing afwall or write a new one from scratch, finally able to pull myself and release stable version of afwall with lots of bug fixes and new features along with pie support. Since I don't do full time Android development, it was hard to keep track of what's going on with sdk level changes.

Thank you all for your support in AFWall+ development. Without your support it would simply not possible to pull through this.

I will be out for couple of days ( taking off to spend time with my family ) and hopefully will be able to reply to questions once back.

Thanks again and have a great day.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2018, 05:41 AM |#4827  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:

Test results from OnePlus 6, Pie stable:
Whitelist mode works.
In the "Private DNS" setting, if use "Off" or "Automatic", no need for special setup; if use "Private DNS provider hostname", need to allow (root) in AFWall+.

@ukanth @dorqus
It seems that applying the following custom rule will let Whitelist mode work when using "Private DNS provider hostname", even without allowing (root):
$IPTABLES -A afwall-wifi-wan -p tcp -m tcp --dport 853 -j RETURN

ukanth, have a good time with your family!

Edit: For mobile data, the following rule is needed:
$IPTABLES -A afwall-3g-home -p tcp -m tcp --dport 853 -j RETURN
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kagwind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kagwind Ad-Free
17th October 2018, 09:17 AM |#4828  
Flag Monaco
Thanks Meter: 227

More
A million thanks for your dedication and your great firewall. It is the only solid app to preserve our privacy a bit.
The android system wouldn't be the same without you !
THANK YOU SO MUCH
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wuub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wuub Ad-Free
17th October 2018, 10:10 AM |#4829  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:

Hello everyone,

I have released 3.0.0 stable on playstore today. It's been a crazy month so far.....

Thanks again and have a great day.

Hi ukanth,
I just installed the latest release and was very pleased with the support for Tor and the AFWall tile.
By the way the tile seems not to work correctly on nougat. One can Deactivate AFWall by tile but activation doesn't work.

But the main thing for me, which was really shocking, is that the option to hide app icon from status bar in settings has disappeared. I hope this was by accident and not by intent. Please bring back this option. AFWall is running fine also without the ongoing notification present in the statusbar. Not being able to hide this makes some beautiful features of my ROM no more available.
Disabling AFWall notifications completely would be a solution, but that's inadequate cause one looses all information about applying rules and other important and dismissable notifications.
Please bring back this option in the next release when you're back from holidays.

Thanks Elveneleven

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elveneleven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elveneleven Ad-Free
17th October 2018, 10:42 AM |#4830  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Latest beta fixed the internet connection problems for me on Android 9.

However, I still have the "no internet connection" message both on WiFi and mobile data. Does anyone else on Android 9 face this too?

BTW I'm on the latest beta (not 3.0.0 stable) since I use F-Droid, in case this could the problem.
17th October 2018, 11:14 AM |#4831  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypern0va

Latest beta fixed the internet connection problems for me on Android 9.

However, I still have the "no internet connection" message both on WiFi and mobile data. Does anyone else on Android 9 face this too?

BTW I'm on the latest beta (not 3.0.0 stable) since I use F-Droid, in case this could the problem.

According to the change log (between latest beta and stable), your issue should be fixed with 3.0.0 stable:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)