Thanks Meter: 262

By Oranav, Member on 12th January 2013, 05:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2014, 11:06 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Not without special soldering equipment. I think Josh at MobileTechVideos did purchase such equipment. However I think some people are pretty close to being able to resurrect these with JTAG.

Well he has been told that the repair would cost him 150 dollars minus the replacement eMMC chip.

Is that a rip-off? We've seen guys replace and solder the new eMMC in like 20 minutes on youtube.

19th February 2014, 03:26 PM |#132  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed_Potatoes

Well he has been told that the repair would cost him 150 dollars minus the replacement eMMC chip.

Is that a rip-off? We've seen guys replace and solder the new eMMC in like 20 minutes on youtube.

Considering what a high-risk delicate operation it is and how much specialized equipment is required - no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 04:15 PM |#133  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3,067

More
You guys are seriously better off just buying a new phone at this point if your phone is dead. It's just not worth it. Sell it for parts (the screen w/assembly alone will get sell for around the cost of a new S3). Sell the SIM/MicroSD card reader combination. Sell the body of the phone. You might be able to sell the mobo for parts to someone who has experience. Just list it all on eBay and then buy yourselves a new phone with the money.
24th February 2014, 08:46 AM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 4,367

More
Stupid question...

Someone checked Tizen stuff?

Test device RD-PQ has I9300 pba inside...
Not sure if Live Demo Unit... but I9300A visible on Label...

Maybe checkout s-boot-mmc.bin ca. 290 KB...
http://download.tizen.org/releases/system/

Sources for uboot are here:
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

For instance u-boot-2014.04-rc1.tar.bz2

Samsung folder inside...
TRATS is S2 related...
TRATS2 is I9300 related...

I think RD-PQ is 16 GB variant...
Partition table is inside u-boot-mmc.bin
Attached...
IS unsigned or I have not seen Signature...

I9300 retail ignored this PIT...
I think because missing Sig...

Please, I am new to I9300
And I have only 1 damaged device with damaged Display, so I can't see nor Touch working...
So I was not able yet to dump few first Bytes from eMMC...

My obsolete knowledge about 512 Byte MBR + partition table... is from S8500/I9000...

For instance S8500 has 512 MB OneNAND and 1960 MB moviNAND... something similar like eMMC...

OS stores additional info into this MBR...
Code:
2NDFORMATCOMPLETED
2NDRSTORECOMPLETED
PRODUCTCODEINVALID
If NAND/Headerinfo is alive in OneNAND...
Instead text PRODUCTCODEINVALID is Unique number written...
sysinfo related...

I can not find I9300 dump to compare.
Maybe someone can help me to find Link or maybe someone can upload please first 512 Byte for study.

Thanx in advance.

Best Regards
Attached Files
File Type: rar Tizen_GPT_Ver08.extractedUNSIGNED.rar - [Click for QR Code] (511 Bytes, 287 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adfree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfree Ad-Free
23rd March 2014, 03:08 AM |#135  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I wonder if the previously mentioned eMMC low-level format command can be used to remove Knox from the i9305 (& possibly the i9505 as well)...

EDIT: Suggested procedure:
-Make a full Nandroid of all accessible partitions (including EFS).
-Prepare SD card for bootloader repair. (Does this still work if the entire eMMC is wiped, or does some boot partition need to be preserved? If not, use JTAG.)
-Do a low-level format.
-Restore the bootloader from SD card or JTAG.
-Flash param.bin, and restore EFS, ROM and user data.
30th March 2014, 03:57 AM |#136  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 2,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddd

Is it just me or did anyone else realize that fw.bin is not actually an actual firmware update?

So what is it? Because, I sure as hell have no idea why'd you bother making such a post without further explaining yourself.
1st April 2014, 01:24 PM |#137  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,749

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NetRolller 3D

I wonder if the previously mentioned eMMC low-level format command can be used to remove Knox from the i9305 (& possibly the i9505 as well)...

EDIT: Suggested procedure:
-Make a full Nandroid of all accessible partitions (including EFS).
-Prepare SD card for bootloader repair. (Does this still work if the entire eMMC is wiped, or does some boot partition need to be preserved? If not, use JTAG.)
-Do a low-level format.
-Restore the bootloader from SD card or JTAG.
-Flash param.bin, and restore EFS, ROM and user data.

I think this would work. SDC3 fuse is burned, so it should boot fine as long as the GPT and properly signed images/partitions are in place.
21st October 2018, 11:43 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
what does it mean when it says -104687000 bytes free? it shows that when i look at phone on the pc. does that mean an emmc fail? asking cuz roms wont flash to my note 2. they are stuck in boot animation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread