Get pixel 3 / 3 xl exclusive camera features on pixel 2 / 2xl..

Search This thread

coolsid8

Feb 15, 2011
India
Hey,
Just a tip for others. If you enable the pixel 3 magisk spoof, we also get focus controls on night mode although we lose portrait on back camera.

lordsinasina

Aug 3, 2007
When I open the new camera app navigation buttons ( pill or even old navigation ) goes down and hidden. Anyone else having the same problem ?

cstark27

Jul 2, 2010
P3v4_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk

For all Pixel:
-Enable Night Sight
-Enable manual focus button in Night
-Add HDR+ Config selection

Tested only on Pixel 2:
-Enable focus tracking
-Enable Photobooth
-Video FPS options (Auto/30/60)
-Google Lens Suggestions in Viewfinder
-H265/HEVC toggle
-Super Zoom (maybe??)
-"New" HDR+ Enhanced (colors may differ in extreme tinted light conditions, test it out; this is how the Pixel 3 behaves see https://www.teknofilo.com/analisis-pixel-3-xl/4/)

coolsid8

Feb 15, 2011
India

For all Pixel:
-Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
-Enable focus tracking
-Enable Photobooth
-H265/HEVC toggle
-Super Zoom (maybe??)
-"New" HDR+ Enhanced (colors may differ in extreme tinted light conditions, test it out; this is how the Pixel 3 behaves see https://www.teknofilo.com/analisis-pixel-3-xl/4/)

Great work. Most of the stuff works perfectly.
Hdr+ enhanced doesn't seem to work on my p2xl. Tried few shots in tinted light. They came out even worse and overexposed. Superzoom works, Photobooth works. Have not tried other features yet. Also, what is the best mode HDR option for pixel, should i set it to auto or use something else ?

cstark27

Jul 2, 2010
Great work. Most of the stuff works perfectly.
Hdr+ enhanced doesn't seem to work on my p2xl. Tried few shots in tinted light. They came out even worse and overexposed. Superzoom works, Photobooth works. Have not tried other features yet. Also, what is the best mode HDR option for pixel, should i set it to auto or use something else ?

The auto will be the most optimized setting for your device but feel free to try the "Hardware" ones because those should be the PVC (but they don't seem the same as my previous tests so maybe the PVC isn't truly activated yet with those configs). 2018 ZslR seemed faster but I haven't tested extensively. I may add a toggle in the future so people can disable the "new" HDR+ Enhanced.

Reactions: wbgenetic

farovitus

Apr 30, 2011
Beirut
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

For all Pixel:
-Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
-Enable focus tracking
-Enable Photobooth
-H265/HEVC toggle
-Super Zoom (maybe??)

Thanks for the update!

Last edited:

wbgenetic

Oct 5, 2009
Cleared cache and got focus track to work!!
Also is it meant to be like that : when I snap a photo and then click on the thumbnail I go to the camera gallery and not to the photo only?

BTW kudos for the work!

Top shot remains imho ?

coolsid8

Feb 15, 2011
India
The auto will be the most optimized setting for your device but feel free to try the "Hardware" ones because those should be the PVC (but they don't seem the same as my previous tests so maybe the PVC isn't truly activated yet with those configs). 2018 ZslR seemed faster but I haven't tested extensively. I may add a toggle in the future so people can disable the "new" HDR+ Enhanced.
The one thing that all the reviews mention is better edge detection and natural face colors on the new Pixel 3 for portrait photos. I believe it has to use the new PVC otherwise it would have been possible with pixel 2 using any other modded apk. But I guess you have added supported to run HDR using PVC, will that be able to emulate some of the new features ? Can other guys test some shots and report here (PVC/Non-PVC portrait shots).

Also, slightly off-topic, I believe you have a pixel 3. Will it be possible to port call screening the same way as you have ported the camera because pixel 3 users have it enabled and some pixel 2 users emulating pixel 3 using buildprop method are getting it too .

shelt

Jul 19, 2014
MANY thanks for this! Everything in the P3 camera seems to be working perfectly on my 2XL (sans the missing physical WA selfie lens...). I can confirm the improved white balance is working well in "HDR+ enhanced" mode - it's very noticeable. Night Shot, tracking, and Super Res Zoom are all working perfectly too. I was using 3 google camera apps -- one of yours with night shot; one with super-res-zoom and tracking, then stock. This seems to fully replace stock without any compromises.

For all Pixel:
-Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
-Enable focus tracking
-Enable Photobooth
-H265/HEVC toggle
-Super Zoom (maybe??)

Last edited:

legents

Jul 1, 2007
Johannesburg, ZA
The one thing that all the reviews mention is better edge detection and natural face colors on the new Pixel 3 for portrait photos. I believe it has to use the new PVC otherwise it would have been possible with pixel 2 using any other modded apk. But I guess you have added supported to run HDR using PVC, will that be able to emulate some of the new features ? Can other guys test some shots and report here (PVC/Non-PVC portrait shots).

Also, slightly off-topic, I believe you have a pixel 3. Will it be possible to port call screening the same way as you have ported the camera because pixel 3 users have it enabled and some pixel 2 users emulating pixel 3 using buildprop method are getting it too .

Call Screening and Dark mode

Sorry to hijack the topic:

I have Dark mode and Call Screening enabled and working on my Pixel2XL using Google Phone app version 25 . I just need to confirm two lines on my config.
Note: I am not in the US and my phone is rooted.

Please PM me if you are interested and help confirm the config.

cstark27

Jul 2, 2010
P3v5_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk
-Add workaround for Pixel 1 rear Portrait (only works on human faces)
Previous changelog:
For all Pixel:
-Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
-Enable focus tracking
-Enable Photobooth
-H265/HEVC toggle
-Super Zoom (maybe??)

Edit: the Hardware ZSL HDR+ Config is the Pixel Visual Core. I am not at a PC right now for proper logs but based on the processing time I've witnessed and the final image compared to HDR+ Off, it appears to be working correctly, with both 2017 and 2018 Hardware configs, on my Pixel 2. HDR+ Enhanced does not act the same so I'm not sure about that yet.

This is awesome, Superzoom Seems to work for me. Can someone explain me how google lens in Viewfinder works?

Place a business card in the viewfinder and see what pops up. I am not sure what all it works on.

When I open the new camera app navigation buttons ( pill or even old navigation ) goes down and hidden. Anyone else having the same problem ?

I had this happen when I set a custom DPI.

Also is it meant to be like that : when I snap a photo and then click on the thumbnail I go to the camera gallery and not to the photo only?

BTW kudos for the work!

Top shot remains imho

Known issue. Wait a few seconds before clicking the thumbnail if you don't want that to happen (wait for processing to finish).

How to get Google lens to work? I'm on the latest p3v4 update

The separate button for Lens is not available. I can enable the button but it doesn't work...I think Google is blocking it with renamed APK's or something.

I have not tested Portrait Mode extensively with the modded APK but feel free to try. You'll need a lot of distance behind the subject to see the difference I think. I did force some stuff related to Portrait/depth but I do not know if it's working. I returned the Pixel 3; don't know about call screening but don't plan to look into it.

Portrait mode doesn't work on Google Pixel 1

See above.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only tested on a Pixel 2. Clear app data after install.

P3v7_GoogleCamera_6.1.021.apk

If you want Google Photos integration instead (still has bug of exiting picture if it's not processed yet):
    P3v7_gphotos_GoogleCamera_6.1.021.apk

For Pixel 1 try this alternative, I'm not sure if it will have all the UI buttons for you:
    P3v7p1_GoogleCamera_6.1.021.apk

To get Top Shot to work: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78186764&postcount=726
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y Tracking AF Photo
    N Tracking AF Video - Enabling breaks EIS
    Y Tracking AF Night
    Y Motion Metering Night - Enabled by default and I can verify (take a photo of your hand then next time wiggle your fingers then take another photo and see the shutter speed difference)
    N Motion Metering Portrait - Can't get it to enable
    N Motion Metering Photo - Can't get it to enable
    Y Super Res Zoom - Zoom is sharper anyway. This may just be due to the updated RAISR/upsample.
    Y Photobooth
    Y Night Focus Button
    Y Pixel 3 Portrait bokeh - For rear camera of Pixel 2/2XL only
    Y HEVC
    Y HDR Enhanced AWB of Pixel 3
    Y Live Lens
    Y Old gallery - Workaround for Google Photos bug. Had to fix some bugs with Portrait when using this so you'll see the zoom "snap" when going back.
    ? Synthetic Fill Flash - Can't find any related code and don't have a P3 to test against to verify.

Y EIS Working
    Y Photobooth fixes
    Y Portrait fixes
    P3v6_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk
    Uninstall old version. This has a different package name (to fix Lens). The new app is in your app drawer labeled CameraP3.
    -Lens option in More
    -Pixel 3 Portrait mode (which seems to only improve the rear lens Portraits, so no improvement on Pixel 1 probably)
    -Removed HDR+ Options for now due to bugs/instability/confusion

Only tested on Pixel 2. I don't have a Pixel 1 to test with to offer fixes for.
    I'm working on it. I'll try to iron out most of the bugs I can before posting anything. Just give me a day or 2 since I have a job too. :)
    P3v5_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk
    -Add workaround for Pixel 1 rear Portrait (only works on human faces)
    Previous changelog:
    For all Pixel:
    -Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
    -Enable focus tracking
    -Enable Photobooth
    -H265/HEVC toggle
    -Super Zoom (maybe??)

Edit: the Hardware ZSL HDR+ Config is the Pixel Visual Core. I am not at a PC right now for proper logs but based on the processing time I've witnessed and the final image compared to HDR+ Off, it appears to be working correctly, with both 2017 and 2018 Hardware configs, on my Pixel 2. HDR+ Enhanced does not act the same so I'm not sure about that yet.

This is awesome, Superzoom Seems to work for me. Can someone explain me how google lens in Viewfinder works?

Place a business card in the viewfinder and see what pops up. I am not sure what all it works on.

I had this happen when I set a custom DPI.

BTW kudos for the work!

Top shot remains imho

Known issue. Wait a few seconds before clicking the thumbnail if you don't want that to happen (wait for processing to finish).

How to get Google lens to work? I'm on the latest p3v4 update

The separate button for Lens is not available. I can enable the button but it doesn't work...I think Google is blocking it with renamed APK's or something.

I have not tested Portrait Mode extensively with the modded APK but feel free to try. You'll need a lot of distance behind the subject to see the difference I think. I did force some stuff related to Portrait/depth but I do not know if it's working. I returned the Pixel 3; don't know about call screening but don't plan to look into it.

Portrait mode doesn't work on Google Pixel 1

See above.

For all Pixel:
    -Enable Night Sight

Tested only on Pixel 2:
    -Enable focus tracking
    -Enable Photobooth
    -H265/HEVC toggle
    -Super Zoom (maybe??)